Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  News Articles 0 Members and 4 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 572 573 574 [575] 576 577 578 ... 773 Go Down Reply
Author

News Articles

(Read 490403 times)
OldScotSupport
ATP Level

Re: News Articles « Reply #8610 on: December 18, 2013, 12:24 PM »

TJ, you are my guiding star!

I notice that there is a new dvd out described as: "Wimbledon: Official 2013 Collector's Edition", includes Men's Final and the BBC documentary "The Man Behind the Racquet".

I don't know whether the disk includes the whole final or just highlights.

What do you think? Is this disk worth adding to our hero's magnificent Jul 2013 day?

IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: News Articles « Reply #8611 on: December 18, 2013, 03:19 PM »

TJ, you are my guiding star!

I notice that there is a new dvd out described as: "Wimbledon: Official 2013 Collector's Edition", includes Men's Final and the BBC documentary "The Man Behind the Racquet".

I don't know whether the disk includes the whole final or just highlights.

What do you think? Is this disk worth adding to our hero's magnificent Jul 2013 day?

Awww, that's so sweet!

I'm pretty sure the DVD is the whole match. I must say that though I have a recording of the match, I've treated myself to the Official 2013 Collector's edition, mainly for the documentary. It will be nice to have both together on DVD. I just think it's a special thing to mark a great day, so it's my Christmas present to myself. I just hope it comes before Christmas!
IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Veteran

Re: News Articles « Reply #8612 on: December 18, 2013, 03:59 PM »

Still can't believe Wimbledon don't release this stuff on Bluray. Saying that the posh ones there have probably never heard of bluray
IP Logged
Katie
ATP Level

Andy Murray - US Open and Wimbledon champion! :)

Re: News Articles « Reply #8613 on: December 18, 2013, 04:07 PM »

Still can't believe Wimbledon don't release this stuff on Bluray. Saying that the posh ones there have probably never heard of bluray

They really should do bluray releases as well. Tennis looks terrible in SD on my tv.
IP Logged
OldScotSupport
ATP Level

Re: News Articles « Reply #8614 on: December 18, 2013, 04:40 PM »

Awww, that's so sweet!

I'm pretty sure the DVD is the whole match. I must say that though I have a recording of the match, I've treated myself to the Official 2013 Collector's edition, mainly for the documentary. It will be nice to have both together on DVD. I just think it's a special thing to mark a great day, so it's my Christmas present to myself. I just hope it comes before Christmas!

I shall probably buy it in due course. However, I shall await your verdict as to its contents once you have received and played it. Please let me know.
IP Logged
dex
Futures Level

Re: News Articles « Reply #8615 on: December 18, 2013, 05:06 PM »

I saw this on Amazon, it appears to be the two disks of the final narated by the BBC as previously released plus the documentary on a third disk. But I don't know if it is  "The Man Behind the Racquet" or "The Man Behind the Racquet, Wimbledon Champion". I would sooner have the second.
IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Veteran

Re: News Articles « Reply #8616 on: December 18, 2013, 05:09 PM »

I recorded the Final to my laptop in full 1080i quality so don't need to worry about that one.

IP Logged
OldScotSupport
ATP Level

Re: News Articles « Reply #8617 on: December 18, 2013, 05:37 PM »

I recorded the Final to my laptop in full 1080i quality so don't need to worry about that one.

Lucky you, PE. I've got all three on my Sky box. If anything goes wrong, then I'm screwed 
IP Logged
wimbledonwestie
Seed

Re: News Articles « Reply #8618 on: December 18, 2013, 08:39 PM »

I have the collectors set - it is the full final as released previously on 2 discs plus the docu on a separate dvd. Haven't had time to watch yet but I'd assume it's the post Wimbledon version, esp as the disc has a photo of Andy with the trophy.
IP Logged
OldScotSupport
ATP Level

Re: News Articles « Reply #8619 on: December 19, 2013, 08:41 AM »

I have the collectors set - it is the full final as released previously on 2 discs plus the docu on a separate dvd. Haven't had time to watch yet but I'd assume it's the post Wimbledon version, esp as the disc has a photo of Andy with the trophy.

Thanks for the info WW. I am certain that it's the post Andy's Wimbledon victory.

What I really would like is a collectors set to include, in addition to what is already on the disc, the full 2012 Olympic final where AM destroyed Federer
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: News Articles « Reply #8620 on: December 19, 2013, 09:47 AM »

someone may have posted this already but not been on since Sunday - there's a 5 live prog at 9pm this evening: The Day we Won Wimbledon.  It's narrated by John Hurt and apparently Andy takes us through the match.
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: News Articles « Reply #8621 on: December 19, 2013, 11:23 AM »

I shall probably buy it in due course. However, I shall await your verdict as to its contents once you have received and played it. Please let me know.

I will let you know, of course.

If all goes well it might mean I will have a DVD of the match, one I bought from the tennis DVD site we've talked about before, to get rid of after Christmas. I wouldn't offer it now, just in case, and also the post can be dodgy in the run up to Christmas, but if I do get rid of it I'm sure I could find a loving home for it. Watch this space.
IP Logged
dex
Futures Level

Re: News Articles « Reply #8622 on: December 19, 2013, 03:10 PM »

someone may have posted this already but not been on since Sunday - there's a 5 live prog at 9pm this evening: The Day we Won Wimbledon.  It's narrated by John Hurt and apparently Andy takes us through the match.

Yes, thanks for the confirmation I will listen in tonight. I wish they would do something for the telly aswell.
IP Logged
maxply
Futures Level

Re: News Articles « Reply #8623 on: December 19, 2013, 04:01 PM »

Thanks dex.
IP Logged
maxply
Futures Level

Re: News Articles « Reply #8624 on: December 19, 2013, 04:06 PM »

And Ruthie x
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 572 573 574 [575] 576 577 578 ... 773 Go Up Reply