Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  News Articles 0 Members and 11 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 596 597 598 [599] 600 601 602 ... 778 Go Down Reply
Author

News Articles

(Read 496195 times)
blueberryhill
World No 1

Re: News Articles « Reply #8970 on: February 01, 2014, 12:11 PM »

Seems more like a tabloid article.   And a writer in the Telegraph should know her grammar:-   "What does it matter to you or I"      Me ask you!!!

Another absolute fave is, "Igor and myself went ......." etc etc shocking
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: News Articles « Reply #8971 on: February 01, 2014, 03:10 PM »

lmao  'Orrible, just 'orrible!  Shame on The Telegraph for allowing this rubbish to be published.  I mean -

If we know anything about Andy Murray, it's his distaste for silly questions and his penchant for sarcasm. We also know he doesn't really 'do' public displays of affection very well (if at all - remember the kiss that never was for Kim last year at Wimbledon? And the fact he forgot to hug his mother at the same time: the two women who've supported him most in his life were kept outside his inner circle.)

The woman obviously hasn't a clue what Andy was going through having just become the first British male, etc ...

Also poor grammar, plus you do not need  a hyphen between 'emotion' and 'less'.
IP Logged
wimbledonwestie
Seed

Re: News Articles « Reply #8972 on: February 01, 2014, 09:36 PM »

Load of ****   and ... emotionless ... Andy? ... erm hello? (Wimbledon 2012 to name but a few)   confused
IP Logged
angiebabez
Veteran

Andy Murray Wimbledon Champion 2013

Re: News Articles « Reply #8973 on: February 04, 2014, 02:57 PM »

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/tennis/daviscup/10615845/Andy-Murray-reveals-pride-at-Great-Britains-Davis-Cup-win-over-USA.html
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: News Articles « Reply #8974 on: February 04, 2014, 06:07 PM »

Thanks Angie.  I must admit I'm not optimistic about our chances against Italy, but at least we won't be relegated and Andy will have some decent clay court practice, especially if he really does intend to skip the non-obligatory Monte Carlo - not that I blame him!  Maybe he might decide to play a minor tournament like Barcelona instead.
IP Logged
angiebabez
Veteran

Andy Murray Wimbledon Champion 2013

Re: News Articles « Reply #8975 on: February 04, 2014, 09:22 PM »

http://www.10sballs.com/2014/02/04/andy-murrays-endorsement-contracts-where-are-they/
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: News Articles « Reply #8976 on: February 04, 2014, 09:51 PM »

It does seem a bit strange that sponsors don't seem to have been falling over themselves after his Wimbledon win, but then is it likely that he's going to make any negotiations public?  I feel that this article is just speculation and not much else.  Of course Andy wants to make as much money as possible, during what is a short career, but how rich is 'very rich' and how does the author know that he wants to be that anyway?  Also I thought his 77 Management Company was being set up specifically to bring in as much money as possible for both him and Jamie.

We now know that Andy will be playing in the Davis Cup in Italy, starting on 4 April, so, with Miami ending on 30 March, it's extremely unlikely that he will be present at the opening of Cromlix House on 1 April as the writer seems to be suggesting - but again what reliable information does he have about a possible unveiling ceremoney?
[ Last edit by Aileen February 04, 2014, 09:55 PM ] IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: News Articles « Reply #8977 on: February 04, 2014, 09:55 PM »

hmm the claim that andy is determined to get very rich just doesn't ring true to me. I can understand that he's thinking beyond his playing days and taking all this stuff more seriously perhaps than hitherto but that's not quite the same thing.  But no bad thing ifhe's no longer sporting the RBS logo given the way that bank has behaved in recent years.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: News Articles « Reply #8978 on: February 04, 2014, 09:58 PM »

hmm the claim that andy is determined to get very rich just doesn't ring true to me. I can understand that he's thinking beyond his playing days and taking all this stuff more seriously perhaps than hitherto but that's not quite the same thing.  But no bad thing if he's no longer sporting the RBS logo given the way that bank has behaved in recent years.
I do agree about the RBS logo Ruthie. Wearing it isn't anything to be proud of.  Also I've never got the feeling either that Andy is greedy about money, and he certainly isn't exactly into living the high life anyway.
[ Last edit by Aileen February 04, 2014, 10:04 PM ] IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Re: News Articles « Reply #8979 on: February 04, 2014, 10:00 PM »

aileen: I wonder if he continued out of a kind of loyalty to an institution that had supported him when he was young (and before it went off the rails)?
IP Logged
eeyorebob
Challenger Level

"I am a champion, and you're gonna hear me roar"

Re: News Articles « Reply #8980 on: February 04, 2014, 10:03 PM »

Wasn't RBS involved in Judys Set4Sport thing?  I think that could be why Andy let them sponsor him before
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Re: News Articles « Reply #8981 on: February 04, 2014, 10:04 PM »

not sure eeyore - you may be right.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: News Articles « Reply #8982 on: February 04, 2014, 10:07 PM »

Yes the RBS was, and possibly still is, involved in Set4Sport.
IP Logged
rob92
ATP Level

Re: News Articles « Reply #8983 on: February 04, 2014, 10:09 PM »

Murray’s five-year, £10 million contract with adidas ends on December 31. Negotiations regarding an extension are ongoing but Nike and Under Armour, both of whom require a “clean” kit with no advertising and are pressing Murray’s representatives to look at what they can offer.
Knew Nike will be after him.
IP Logged
Fiverings
ATP Level

Andy Murray - Tennis Legend

Re: News Articles « Reply #8984 on: February 04, 2014, 10:12 PM »

I do agree about the RBS logo Ruthie. Wearing it isn't anything to be proud of.  Also I've never got the feeling either that Andy is greedy about money, and he certainly isn't exactly into living the high life anyway.
   He definitely isn't. Didn't he say the money he got for winning Wimbledon was "ridiculous"?  He has no need to be greedy - he'll be rich beyond the dreams of avarice of most of us ( and Andy has been one of us)  whatever he does now.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 596 597 598 [599] 600 601 602 ... 778 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »