Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  News Articles 0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 597 598 599 [600] 601 602 603 ... 772 Go Down Reply
Author

News Articles

(Read 488013 times)
Fiverings
ATP Level

Andy Murray - Tennis Legend

Re: News Articles « Reply #8985 on: February 04, 2014, 10:15 PM »

Knew Nike will be after him.
  Yup, with Fed on the slide they'll be looking for a new man.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: News Articles « Reply #8986 on: February 04, 2014, 10:28 PM »

Yup, with Fed on the slide they'll be looking for a new man.
And I bet they'll get him too, unless he feels obliged to stay with Adidas out of a sense of loyalty, or they offer him a better sponsorship deal.

He definitely isn't. Didn't he say the money he got for winning Wimbledon was "ridiculous"?  He has no need to be greedy - he'll be rich beyond the dreams of avarice of most of us ( and Andy has been one of us)  whatever he does now.
This article tells you what his estimated net worth was in April 2012 (£24m), before the gold medal, etc -

http://www.therichest.com/celebnetworth/athletes/tennis/andy-murray-net-worth/

Put it this way, given his earnings since then, he could retire right now and be very comfortably off for the rest of his life without the need to go hunting for a job.
[ Last edit by Aileen February 04, 2014, 10:39 PM ] IP Logged
Elly
Murraymaniac

The mind doubts, but the heart never does.

Re: News Articles « Reply #8987 on: February 04, 2014, 10:35 PM »

It's a rare kind of person who can remain so down to earth with all that wealth to hand.  Some footballers might want to take a wee leaf? 
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: News Articles « Reply #8988 on: February 04, 2014, 10:37 PM »

It's a rare kind of person who can remain so down to earth with all that wealth to hand.  Some footballers might want to take a wee leaf? 
Quite, Elly!
IP Logged
*Sparkle*
Challenger Level

Re: News Articles « Reply #8989 on: February 05, 2014, 08:52 AM »

I've got to agree with those who think Andy isn't that fussed by money, not compared with the other things he wants to achieve.   I can imagine he might be miffed if he thinks he's getting a duff deal, or that he's missing out on something he's earned.  However, I just don't see him pushing for high profile deals for the sake of it, especially ones that sap his time.
IP Logged
Tasmanian Devil
Challenger Level

Re: News Articles « Reply #8990 on: February 05, 2014, 10:34 AM »

The fact he remains so down to earth after all his success and earnings, is one of my favourite things about him.
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: News Articles « Reply #8991 on: February 05, 2014, 11:11 AM »

Andy has never struck me as being motivated by money. Like all of the top players all he seems to want is to win, the money just comes as a result of that. I'm sure he has an eye on the future, but I don't think money is what gets him out of bed every day.

It impressed me after the USO win (Andy was staggered by the prize money for that) he made it quite clear he wouldn't accept sponsorship deals just for the sake of it, but also wouldn't accept deals that demanded too much of his time, time he could spend in training. I remember thinking that made his priorities abundantly clear.
IP Logged
Masaka
ATP Level

Re: News Articles « Reply #8992 on: February 05, 2014, 11:28 AM »

Think it's fairly obvious that the motivation for our man is the shiny trophies. I think all of the money would have been quite meaningless to him without the GS trophies. I would be fascinated to know how he ranks his 3 "biggies"? Does Wimbledon comes first or the Gold Medal?
IP Logged
Iluvandy
Seed

Re: News Articles « Reply #8993 on: February 05, 2014, 11:43 AM »

Think it's fairly obvious that the motivation for our man is the shiny trophies. I think all of the money would have been quite meaningless to him without the GS trophies. I would be fascinated to know how he ranks his 3 "biggies"? Does Wimbledon comes first or the Gold Medal?

I think Andy finds it difficult to rank his trophies,    The Olympics Gold is special because he won it for the team, Wimbledon because he won it for the country and the US Open he won for himself and his own team and family and friends who had always supported him.    Also the first slam has to be special, Wimbledon has to be special and to win a Gold Medal at Wimbledon in front of your home crowd is a once in a lifetime chance and it fell to Andy and he took it.     yay yay yay   
IP Logged
Fiverings
ATP Level

Re: News Articles « Reply #8994 on: February 05, 2014, 11:53 AM »

I think Andy finds it difficult to rank his trophies,    The Olympics Gold is special because he won it for the team, Wimbledon because he won it for the country and the US Open he won for himself and his own team and family and friends who had always supported him.    Also the first slam has to be special, Wimbledon has to be special and to win a Gold Medal at Wimbledon in front of your home crowd is a once in a lifetime chance and it fell to Andy and he took it.     yay yay yay   
    Why would he have to "rank' them?  Surely each is special in it's own way, as you suggest.   A bit like picking a favourite child!
IP Logged
FCR
Futures Level

Re: News Articles « Reply #8995 on: February 05, 2014, 01:24 PM »

I've got to agree with those who think Andy isn't that fussed by money, not compared with the other things he wants to achieve.   I can imagine he might be miffed if he thinks he's getting a duff deal, or that he's missing out on something he's earned.  However, I just don't see him pushing for high profile deals for the sake of it, especially ones that sap his time.
I assume that the team around him is paid by Andy, so quite a few mouths to feed, so to speak, and I'm sure that he's generous towards his family and their comfort.    He's obviously earning a lot of  money, but it doesn't all end up in his pocket.
IP Logged
Masaka
ATP Level

Re: News Articles « Reply #8996 on: February 05, 2014, 01:30 PM »

Why would he have to "rank' them?  Surely each is special in it's own way, as you suggest.   A bit like picking a favourite child!

He obviously doesn't need to. However for me the Olympic Gold is still my top favourite.  I know and appreciate the importance of the GS's, but the sheer joy of the Olympics and thrashing Fed after the trauma of the previous Wimbledon final makes it top for me.

With regard to the amount he earns, don't forget a fair proportion of it goes out in tax. Unlike many other top players he chooses to remain domiciled here.
IP Logged
flowerpower
Challenger Level

Let your racket do the talking

Re: News Articles « Reply #8997 on: February 05, 2014, 01:56 PM »

http://www.davidsonchalmers.com/news/story/andy-murray-wimbledon-winner-and-now-a-trademark-702.aspx
IP Logged
blueberryhill
World No 1

Re: News Articles « Reply #8998 on: February 05, 2014, 05:57 PM »

http://www.changeovertennis.com/atp-dark-age-coming/

A most interesting article. Read and ponder.
IP Logged
Fiverings
ATP Level

Re: News Articles « Reply #8999 on: February 05, 2014, 06:26 PM »

http://www.changeovertennis.com/atp-dark-age-coming/

A most interesting article. Read and ponder.
   Very interesting, thanks for posting.  Plenty to chew on and ponder there.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 597 598 599 [600] 601 602 603 ... 772 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »