Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  News Articles 1 Member and 5 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 598 599 600 [601] 602 603 604 ... 749 Go Down Reply
Author

News Articles

(Read 454917 times)
tamila
Challenger Level

Re: News Articles « Reply #9000 on: February 05, 2014, 06:26 PM »

Very interesting!!
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: News Articles « Reply #9001 on: February 05, 2014, 06:35 PM »

I assume that the team around him is paid by Andy, so quite a few mouths to feed, so to speak, and I'm sure that he's generous towards his family and their comfort.    He's obviously earning a lot of  money, but it doesn't all end up in his pocket.
Andy not only has to pay his team salaries but, unless things have changed recently, also their travel, accommodation and subsistence expenses, although as they will all be getting paid substantial salaries, it's possible that the last item no longer applies.  Also he will have his legal and financial advisers' fees to meet, as well as medical fees - unless he's covered by medical insurance, although given his occupation the premiums will be high with undoubtedly a number of exclusions regarding injuries.

With regard to the amount he earns, don't forget a fair proportion of it goes out in tax. Unlike many other top players he chooses to remain domiciled here.
As far as I know all the top players remain domiciled in their own countries, with the exception of Djokovic who lives in Monte Carlo.  However when the Rich List refers to a person's net worth, I assume that that means their estimated worth after various taxes have been deducted.

Thanks for the informative article flowerpower.  I hope the venture works out well for him, although I'm sure that he will have the best business brains onto the job.

IP Logged
blueberryhill
World No 1

Re: News Articles « Reply #9002 on: February 05, 2014, 06:40 PM »

Very interesting, thanks for posting.  Plenty to chew on and ponder there.

Should I post it elsewhere, in case some folk missed it?
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: News Articles « Reply #9003 on: February 05, 2014, 06:53 PM »

http://www.changeovertennis.com/atp-dark-age-coming/

A most interesting article. Read and ponder.
Thanks BBH.  I think it confirms what at lot of us were fearing for tennis once Murray & Co retire.

Should I post it elsewhere, in case some folk missed it?
Yes.  Certainly on the Tennis News thread, and possibly the ATP/WTA Tour - Other Players thread as well.
IP Logged
wimbledonwestie
ATP Level

Re: News Articles « Reply #9004 on: February 05, 2014, 07:19 PM »

Andy has never struck me as being motivated by money. Like all of the top players all he seems to want is to win, the money just comes as a result of that. I'm sure he has an eye on the future, but I don't think money is what gets him out of bed every day.

It impressed me after the USO win (Andy was staggered by the prize money for that) he made it quite clear he wouldn't accept sponsorship deals just for the sake of it, but also wouldn't accept deals that demanded too much of his time, time he could spend in training. I remember thinking that made his priorities abundantly clear.

That's what I recall. I'm sure I've read that Andy has turned down lucrative offers because of the demands they would make on his time. Andy may not appear to have a wide number of sponsor deals - that doesn't mean they weren't offered. Good on him, he has his priorities right. And anyone who speaks about him always mentions his generosity.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: News Articles « Reply #9005 on: February 05, 2014, 09:25 PM »

That's what I recall. I'm sure I've read that Andy has turned down lucrative offers because of the demands they would make on his time. Andy may not appear to have a wide number of sponsor deals - that doesn't mean they weren't offered. Good on him, he has his priorities right. And anyone who speaks about him always mentions his generosity.
Something which was borne out when he donated his prize money for winning Queens to The Royal Marsden.  Admittedly he did have a very good reason for making a substantial donation, but I wonder how many other players would have donated the entire sum?

Also, well before he had back surgery, he said he would refuse to take part in the proposed lucrative 20/20 style tennis scheme to play in India and Asia during the off-season unless he was able to do so on HIS terms.  Definitely a man who knows exactly what he wants!
IP Logged
xxdanixx
Seed

Dream big, because little dreams have little magic

Re: News Articles « Reply #9006 on: February 06, 2014, 04:28 PM »

Good article by Judy Smile

http://sport.bt.com/womeninsport/judy-murray-fed-cup-team-inspired-by-davis-cup-heroes-S11363873363102
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: News Articles « Reply #9007 on: February 06, 2014, 04:57 PM »

A very enjoyable read.  Thanks dani.

"I guess he’s regretting his joke on Twitter now about getting married this year. I hope Kim gave him an earful. She sent out a great tweet, as Maggie May (their border terrier) which said:

“FYI: NOBODY IS GETTING MARRIED. His tweets need a sarcasm disclaimer. In more important news, we did this today.”

She included a picture of Maggie and Rusty fast asleep on a blanket. It was very funny."

Yes, those capital letters spoke volumes! lol
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: News Articles « Reply #9008 on: February 06, 2014, 04:58 PM »

Great article, thanks Dani, but 46 years Judy? Not quite, but I'll forgive her because her mind is obviously elsewhere Smile.
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: News Articles « Reply #9009 on: February 06, 2014, 06:35 PM »

Andy not only has to pay his team salaries but, unless things have changed recently, also their travel, accommodation and subsistence expenses, although as they will all be getting paid substantial salaries, it's possible that the last item no longer applies.  Also he will have his legal and financial advisers' fees to meet, as well as medical fees - unless he's covered by medical insurance, although given his occupation the premiums will be high with undoubtedly a number of exclusions regarding injuries.
As far as I know all the top players remain domiciled in their own countries, with the exception of Djokovic who lives in Monte Carlo.  However when the Rich List refers to a person's net worth, I assume that that means their estimated worth after various taxes have been deducted.

And I'm sure Lendl commands a pretty tidy fee with bonuses for big wins.  Quite a few of the top French players are now domiciled in Switzerland now I think Aileen (but not JWT I'm pleased to say). I very much like the fact that Andy is not a tax exile.  One of the many things I like about him of course.
IP Logged
Alis
ATP Level

Re: News Articles « Reply #9010 on: February 06, 2014, 07:01 PM »

As far as I know all the top players remain domiciled in their own countries, with the exception of Djokovic who lives in Monte Carlo.

I believe many of the top French players live in Switzerland and Berdych and several of the top female players live in Monte Carlo - not sure about others - I'll have to do some research!
IP Logged
Elena
Seed

Re: News Articles « Reply #9011 on: February 06, 2014, 07:13 PM »

And I'm sure Lendl commands a pretty tidy fee with bonuses for big wins.  Quite a few of the top French players are now domiciled in Switzerland now I think Aileen (but not JWT I'm pleased to say). I very much like the fact that Andy is not a tax exile.  One of the many things I like about him of course.
According to their ATP profiles Tsonga, Gasquet and Simon are all resident in Switzerland. The Davis Cup final last year could have been held in Monte carlo- with Djoko, Berdych and Stepanek all  residents there!
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: News Articles « Reply #9012 on: February 06, 2014, 07:48 PM »

I believe many of the top French players live in Switzerland and Berdych and several of the top female players live in Monte Carlo - not sure about others - I'll have to do some research!
According to their ATP profiles Tsonga, Gasquet and Simon are all resident in Switzerland. The Davis Cup final last year could have been held in Monte carlo- with Djoko, Berdych and Stepanek all  residents there!
Thanks for all the info.  I never thought to check their profiles. doh
IP Logged
Alis
ATP Level

Re: News Articles « Reply #9013 on: February 06, 2014, 08:35 PM »

O.K. - just had a check:

Djokovic, Berdych, Stepanek, Cilic and Dogopolov - all resident in Monte Carlo;
Simon, Tsonga, Gasquet, Kohlschreiber, Monfils, Benneteau - all resident in Switzerland,
Nishikori, Haas are resident in Florida;
Hewitt lives in the Bahamas.

Good for Andy for sticking with Britain!
IP Logged
Elena
Seed

Re: News Articles « Reply #9014 on: February 06, 2014, 09:00 PM »

Others I've noticed are Tomic (Monte Carlo) and Pospisil (Bahamas). I've seen Raonic listed as MC but ATP says not.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 598 599 600 [601] 602 603 604 ... 749 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »