Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  News Articles 0 Members and 4 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 599 600 601 [602] 603 604 605 ... 711 Go Down Reply
Author

News Articles

(Read 406626 times)
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: News Articles « Reply #9015 on: February 07, 2014, 08:38 AM »

oh disappointed in jwt.  Funny how these overpaid tennis stars gravitate to MC and Switzerland isn't it.  Again so pleased Andy isn't one of their number.  Also find it interesting that the great patriot Nole isn't happy to pay his taxes to Serbia.
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: News Articles « Reply #9016 on: February 07, 2014, 08:58 AM »

oh disappointed in jwt.  Funny how these overpaid tennis stars gravitate to MC and Switzerland isn't it.  Again so pleased Andy isn't one of their number.  Also find it interesting that the great patriot Nole isn't happy to pay his taxes to Serbia.

I have to admit that personally I'm quite happy for anyone to live where they want, regardless of the tax implications. To be honest I think people's tax arrangements are their own business, providing they are not breaking the law. I suppose with tennis players it's also tough to say they live anywhere as such, because of the amount of time they spend on the road.

That said, it does strike me as ironic that the 'proud Serbian' doesn't live there for at least some of his time. I remember Andrew Castle making the point during the Wimbledon final that he moved out of Serbia because the attention from people there was too much for him. Makes you wonder how he thinks Andy has managed.
IP Logged
Fiverings
ATP Level

Andy Murray - Tennis Legend

Re: News Articles « Reply #9017 on: February 07, 2014, 09:32 AM »

I understand he has substantial business interests in Serbia.
IP Logged
OldScotSupport
ATP Level

Re: News Articles « Reply #9018 on: February 07, 2014, 10:04 AM »

I understand he has substantial business interests in Serbia.

Not certain of Serbian tax laws, but as Serbia is a member of EC, the fact that he is no longer resident in Serbia for tax purposes, it is quite possible that his "business interests" are also tax exempt.
IP Logged
Fiverings
ATP Level

Andy Murray - Tennis Legend

Re: News Articles « Reply #9019 on: February 07, 2014, 10:29 AM »

Not certain of Serbian tax laws, but as Serbia is a member of EC, the fact that he is no longer resident in Serbia for tax purposes, it is quite possible that his "business interests" are also tax exempt.
  Know nothing about tax law either - but sounds similar to the Amazon/Starbucks  shenanigans in the UK.
IP Logged
angiebabez
Veteran

Andy Murray Wimbledon Champion 2013

Re: News Articles « Reply #9020 on: February 07, 2014, 11:27 AM »

Andy to play rotterdam
Starts 10 feb
http://www.andymurray.com
IP Logged
flowerpower
Challenger Level

Relax All is good!

Re: News Articles « Reply #9021 on: February 07, 2014, 11:52 AM »

Murray doesn't choose for the money

http://nos.nl/artikel/607459-krajicek-komst-murray-opluchting.html

Andy Murray
AFP .
When Stanislas Wawrinka , winner of the Australian Open , withdrew this week for the ABN Amro tennis tournament , tournament director Richard Krajicek still wanted to make an attempt to get a different world. Topper to Rotterdam

"Because Andy Murray was off at the Australian Open and only a few weeks following tournament play , though fairly quickly once I wanted to check with him if he wanted to come to Rotterdam next week ," said Krajicek in a reaction . " And soon I was told that he was interested in some of his management ."

competition

But Krajicek did not know then that he would get from a tournament in Buenos Aires next week . Faces competition "There Rafael Nadal had withdrawn at the last minute , so there was a lot of budget free to invest . Murray and they have more money than us . "

Thursday night was the redeeming Krajicek call from the management of the British Wimbledon winner . " Murray had consulted with his coach Ivan Lendl , and they agreed that this tournament fit well into their program . , I think it's great that Murray shows he wants to play in Rotterdam with us and not for the money in Buenos Aires select . '

relief

And thus succeeded Krajicek at the last moment to catch . Nevertheless an absolute world leader to Rotterdam After two years, Roger Federer , a tennis player from the big four appeared ( Nadal , Djokovic , Federer , Murray ) to be lacking in Ahoy this year. "It can always happen , and with players like Berdych , Del Potro and Tsonga again this year we have a large shareholding field . But the arrival of Murray is a relief . It's always nice when you have such a top player in your tournament have. "

Although Murray played three times before in Rotterdam and won the tournament in 2009 , Krajicek has not tried to capture for this edition . Murray at an earlier stage " I was not sure about his back ," Krajicek explains that choice . " He did last year so many suffer from a back injury meant that I did not want to invest the riscio that he would cancel . Shortly before the tournament a big part of our start-up money in it " But in the Australian Open , Murray show it again goes well with his back . He is fit again . "

IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Re: News Articles « Reply #9022 on: February 07, 2014, 12:11 PM »

Andy to play rotterdam
Starts 10 feb
yipee just realised it's next week.  Can't watch till end of week but let's hope Andy still in the mix then.  I see one of the tennis comms has tweeted that must mean Andy's back is good.  I guess they decided it was worth the transatlantic flight in order to start getting more match practice (and perhaps it will allow Andy to pop home briefly too).
And how interesting just after our discussion about Andy not being motivated by money that he has chosen to play in the tournament that offers less money even though it means flying across the Atlantic.
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Re: News Articles « Reply #9023 on: February 07, 2014, 01:00 PM »

Somehow I'm not that surprised by Andy choosing to play Rotterdam, but I'm not sure why.

I think it could be an indication that his back is good, which is great if it is the case. It's interesting, last year, if I'm not mistaken, Andy didn't play after the AO until IW came around. This year after the AO he's had the DC tie on clay, he's playing Rotterdam and Acapulco too. Surely a good sign the back is in good nick.
IP Logged
Grabcopy
Top Seed

I know I'm paranoid. But am I paranoid enough?

Re: News Articles « Reply #9024 on: February 07, 2014, 01:02 PM »

I think he's seen how it was in Melbourne and he's desperate for matches to get his match fitness up to speed.
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Re: News Articles « Reply #9025 on: February 07, 2014, 01:14 PM »

I wouldn't be surprised if Andy just wants to move forward from the injury now. I don't think he's far away from his best, so I'm sure he just wants to get back to where he was pre-surgery asap. I know he can't do anything about it yet, but it strikes me that Andy probably isn't keen on his current ranking. I'm sure he knows where he is really ranked.

Quarter finals at the AO wasn't so bad for someone just back from surgery and four months out, but Andy did look a step or so slow at times, particularly against Federer. In San Diego I thought he moved well on the dirt and didn't seem reluctant to slide and rotate, which has to be good.

As long as he doesn't go mad I would have thought any matches would be good for him at this point.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: News Articles « Reply #9026 on: February 07, 2014, 03:21 PM »

Andy to play rotterdam
Starts 10 feb
yay  That will also make flowerpower a very happy lady!  Hope she gets to see him live.

I think he's seen how it was in Melbourne and he's desperate for matches to get his match fitness up to speed.
I wouldn't be surprised if Andy just wants to move forward from the injury now. I don't think he's far away from his best, so I'm sure he just wants to get back to where he was pre-surgery asap. I know he can't do anything about it yet, but it strikes me that Andy probably isn't keen on his current ranking. I'm sure he knows where he is really ranked.

Quarter finals at the AO wasn't so bad for someone just back from surgery and four months out, but Andy did look a step or so slow at times, particularly against Federer. In San Diego I thought he moved well on the dirt and didn't seem reluctant to slide and rotate, which has to be good.

As long as he doesn't go mad I would have thought any matches would be good for him at this point.
I agree with all that, although I doubt he'll overdo things as he'll have discussed this with his team.  Strange thing is that Rotterdam has kept popping into my head since the DC.  Maybe I'm on Andy's wavelength ... w00t  Well if I am I guess it's the closest I'll ever get to him! lol

IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Re: News Articles « Reply #9027 on: February 07, 2014, 04:45 PM »

ooh don't tell us you have telepathic connections with our Andy Aileen  w00t
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: News Articles « Reply #9028 on: February 07, 2014, 09:03 PM »

ooh don't tell us you have telepathic connections with our Andy Aileen  w00t
If only ... <sigh>
IP Logged
wimbledonwestie
ATP Level

Re: News Articles « Reply #9029 on: February 08, 2014, 02:06 AM »

Serbia is not an EC/Eu member though they are a candiate country. But excited Andy playing Rotterdam-after months out it's a viewing feast! And a sign he is feeling good !!!!
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 599 600 601 [602] 603 604 605 ... 711 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »