Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  News Articles 0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 606 607 608 [609] 610 611 612 ... 712 Go Down Reply
Author

News Articles

(Read 410061 times)
Connor
Grand Slam Champion

The great British player will be back!

Re: News Articles « Reply #9120 on: February 23, 2014, 04:38 PM »

He's been giving Federer the 'he can win another Slam' treatment all week. Ignore this drivel.
IP Logged
*Sparkle*
Challenger Level

Re: News Articles « Reply #9121 on: February 23, 2014, 04:53 PM »

The way I read it, he was just saying that the pressure won't go away.  He seemed to think Andy had a great chance of getting more Wimbledons, and was being complimentary.   Regarding Federer, he's just being polite and/or sane.  Any commentator even suggesting the High Emperor Roger might not win another slam comes under heavy fire from his underlings.  He wasn't even saying he (Roger) was a favourite for it - just that he could win it.  Very non-committal.
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: News Articles « Reply #9122 on: February 23, 2014, 05:03 PM »

He's been giving Federer the 'he can win another Slam' treatment all week. Ignore this drivel.

For once I can honestly say you took the words out of my mouth, except drivel isn't the word I would have used Smile.

Honestly, Federer gets a win over Andy at the AO, when Andy was clearly a little below par and you'd think Federer was the second coming or something. I think a lot of people are making a lot of assumptions based on one good performance. Federer might win another slam, but then again so might the others who have won them in this era, which includes Andy.

As for Andy, defending SW19 might not be easy, but you just have to look at his grass court record over the last couple of years to see that he definitely has a chance. I certainly wouldn't bet against him.

To be honest I think this sort of story just makes a substitute for every Tom, Dick and Harry popping up and telling us that Andy doesn't have what it takes to win slams. It makes you wonder when some of them will ever learn to shut up.
IP Logged
Fiverings
ATP Level

Andy Murray - Tennis Legend

Re: News Articles « Reply #9123 on: February 23, 2014, 06:23 PM »

The way I read it, he was just saying that the pressure won't go away.  He seemed to think Andy had a great chance of getting more Wimbledons, and was being complimentary.   Regarding Federer, he's just being polite and/or sane.  Any commentator even suggesting the High Emperor Roger might not win another slam comes under heavy fire from his underlings.  He wasn't even saying he (Roger) was a favourite for it - just that he could win it.  Very non-committal.
   Exactly my view, Sparkle. Nothing to get aerated about.
IP Logged
*Sparkle*
Challenger Level

Re: News Articles « Reply #9124 on: February 23, 2014, 06:37 PM »

Exactly my view, Sparkle. Nothing to get aerated about.
My only criticism would be that Andy was already a favourite last year, and while the expectation to win may be slightly higher this year, I'm not sure the pressure will increase.

I mean, last year he'd had the final, then Olympics win in 2012, so expectation and hope was high, and the sense that it could be now or never.  He'll never have that pressure ever again.

That said, I just think he was wrong, not being mean.
IP Logged
Katie
ATP Level

Andy Murray - US Open and Wimbledon champion! :)

Re: News Articles « Reply #9125 on: February 24, 2014, 07:31 PM »

There's an article (in Spanish) about Andy on the Acapulco tournament website:
http://www.abiertomexicanodetenis.com/us/rss-en/165-andy-murray-un-hombre-pacifico-y-sensible

Here's the Google translate version:

ANDY MURRAY, A PEACEFUL AND SENSITIVE MAN
ACAPULCO , GRO, February 23 -.. presence Scottish Andy Murray has caused a stir in Acapulco . Andy attracts people who come to see your workouts with singular enthusiasm.

Murray is a serious man, but has the same desires as any other, like getting married, start a family and spend time with friends. It is an animal lover and care for the environment.

It is also a sensitive man if I could have one wish, it would be ended wars in the world.

"When I finish this, I would like to start a family, I love spending time alone at home, spending time with my girlfriend, we have two dogs, when I return from a trip all I want is to be at home with my girlfriend, family or friends, upon termination of tennis I want to do that. "

Andy , who won two titles in Grand Slam , says that if he could order something in the world that would end the hatred between humans, "there are people who are killing each other, there is much hatred, governments are fighting, my older wish is that there were no fights, "said one Andy hopeful of a better world.

Murray is now a player other than a few years ago, with more confidence and with a very clear objective: to win more Grand Slam titles, even above get to number one.

"Getting to number one requires sacrifice, not all play well on all surfaces, you have to play every week, it is very difficult, but that's not the goal, but to win Grand Slam, because before winning a Grand Slam nobody asked me whether he would be number one, but when you go to win a Grand Slam, Caroline Wozniacki when she was world number one all you wondering when you're going to win a Grand Slam, I think that people remember more when you win it. "

Recognises that long felt pressured to be questioned about it, so when the "big" to win the title became U.S. Open in 2012, was relieved. "I went through a lot of stress for many years."

Despite his serious look, Andy enjoys comedy programs like Stand Up Comedy, besides this, do the guys traveling, very good "spend time with them laughing, but only people who are close makes me laugh, "he said.
Instead, it causes feelings of sadness when watching a film in which spoken anything bad about Scotland , his native country, "because not long there, it makes me emotional."

To focus before games, Murray listens to music or practice warm-up routines, but really is not something you do in each tournament, may change depending on the place you are.
That is, who gets to Acapulco as one of the candidates the title, but who prefer to take things slowly, preferring to go step by step.
IP Logged
Elly
Murraymaniac

The mind doubts, but the heart never does.

Re: News Articles « Reply #9126 on: February 24, 2014, 07:35 PM »

It is also a sensitive man if I could have one wish, it would be ended wars in the world.

Ropey translation, but my sentiments exactly!  Lovely, lovely soul that you are, Andy!
IP Logged
Fiverings
ATP Level

Andy Murray - Tennis Legend

Re: News Articles « Reply #9127 on: February 24, 2014, 07:37 PM »

^ Thanks for that Katie - getting really pissed with the lack of English options on the Acapulco site.
IP Logged
matchpoint
Futures Level

Re: News Articles « Reply #9128 on: February 24, 2014, 08:37 PM »

Interesting article - thanks for posting the gist of the translation here, Katie.
[ Last edit by matchpoint February 24, 2014, 08:43 PM ] IP Logged
IonaRed
Challenger Level

Re: News Articles « Reply #9129 on: February 24, 2014, 09:21 PM »

Will Ferrell's Sporty Showdown

http://www.accesshollywood.com/healthy-hollywood-will-ferrells-sporty-showdown_article_90801#EryCOQphb4O31xUc.99

Will Ferrell is lacing up his sneakers and ready to hit the tennis court for charity.

The “Anchorman” star is teaming up with the world’s number two player, Novak Djokovic, for a heated match against “House of Cards” star Kevin Spacey and his partner, tennis sensation Andy Murray. The celebrity/pro-am showdown takes place on March 4 as part of the 10th annual Desert Smash Showdown in La Quinta, California.
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: News Articles « Reply #9130 on: February 24, 2014, 09:22 PM »

^ That sounds like fun.
IP Logged
Elly
Murraymaniac

The mind doubts, but the heart never does.

Re: News Articles « Reply #9131 on: February 24, 2014, 09:22 PM »

Will Ferrell's Sporty Showdown

http://www.accesshollywood.com/healthy-hollywood-will-ferrells-sporty-showdown_article_90801#EryCOQphb4O31xUc.99

Will Ferrell is lacing up his sneakers and ready to hit the tennis court for charity.

The “Anchorman” star is teaming up with the world’s number two player, Novak Djokovic, for a heated match against “House of Cards” star Kevin Spacey and his partner, tennis sensation Andy Murray. The celebrity/pro-am showdown takes place on March 4 as part of the 10th annual Desert Smash Showdown in La Quinta, California.

That should be a hoot - I hope it's televised - surely it will be!
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

You (still) ain't seen nothing yet..

Re: News Articles « Reply #9132 on: February 24, 2014, 09:28 PM »

Andy will be thrilled. Will Ferrell is one of his faves.

Hope his tennis is better than his last movie, otherwise he will sink like an anchor.
IP Logged
xxdanixx
Seed

Dream big, because little dreams have little magic

Re: News Articles « Reply #9133 on: February 26, 2014, 01:51 PM »

kevin mitchell ‏@kevinmitchell50 
@andy_murray describes his back as "pretty good" but still a "challenge".
IP Logged
blueberryhill
Veteran

Re: News Articles « Reply #9134 on: February 26, 2014, 04:52 PM »

^ OMG what the heck does that mean?  Think
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 606 607 608 [609] 610 611 612 ... 712 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »