Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  News Articles 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 629 630 631 [632] 633 634 635 ... 714 Go Down Reply
Author

News Articles

(Read 417249 times)
matchpoint
Futures Level

Re: News Articles « Reply #9465 on: March 23, 2014, 11:19 PM »

Did he sit among the crowd, Aileen?  I thought Lendl was in Andy's box, sitting in front of Kim - in fact, I thought he kept turning around to talk to her.  I may well have been mistaken, of course,

Yes, he was in Andy's box - and this Telegraph article gives a bit more detail http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/tennis/10718049/Andy-Murray-answers-critics-in-style-as-he-marches-on-at-Miami-Open.html

Not sure how much of the match he actually watched - he did a lot of smiling and chatting! - so it wasn't really like old times.
[ Last edit by matchpoint March 23, 2014, 11:23 PM ] IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: News Articles « Reply #9466 on: March 24, 2014, 02:03 AM »

Did he sit among the crowd, Aileen?  I thought Lendl was in Andy's box, sitting in front of Kim - in fact, I thought he kept turning around to talk to her.  I may well have been mistaken, of course,
Yes, he was in Andy's box - and this Telegraph article gives a bit more detail http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/tennis/10718049/Andy-Murray-answers-critics-in-style-as-he-marches-on-at-Miami-Open.html

Not sure how much of the match he actually watched - he did a lot of smiling and chatting! - so it wasn't really like old times.
Obviously I got it wrong, but I swear that one of the comms said at the start that the he was sitting in the crowd, and I didn't notice who was near him either probably because I wasn't watching that closely.

Good article that.  I like it how reporters can turn things around so quickly and make out that everyone was wrong but them. lol  I liked even more though that when Lendl went to the locker-room the chat was mainly about Andy's favourite footie team being thumped, and not tennis.  Also I'm glad Andy has made it very clear that he hasn't lost his hunger for winning. cmon yeah

IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: News Articles « Reply #9467 on: March 24, 2014, 10:24 AM »

good article from the Telegraph mp.  I like the line about 'to spend more time with his dogs'!  Hadn't realised he'd be playing again wednesday if he beats jwt.  Better go and set to record as won't be home in time and will be away till then.
IP Logged
althusser
Junior

Re: News Articles « Reply #9468 on: March 24, 2014, 10:16 PM »

All suggests that the split with lendl was not as sore an issue for and us camp as some may have feared
IP Logged
angiebabez
Veteran

Andy Murray Wimbledon Champion 2013

Re: News Articles « Reply #9469 on: March 25, 2014, 01:33 AM »

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2003116-andy-murrays-performance-in-miami-will-be-springboard-for-grand-slam-season
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Re: News Articles « Reply #9470 on: March 25, 2014, 06:32 AM »

thanks Angie but anyone who thinks Lopez is an Argentine doesn't inspire confidence! And didn't like that Bodo quote one bit
IP Logged
The Gnome
ATP Level

Re: News Articles « Reply #9471 on: March 26, 2014, 05:15 PM »

http://www.espn.co.uk/tennis/sport/story/294543.html

This part is interesting,

However, five games into the encounter, Murray pulled up with a sharp pain in his left hip in a worrying echo of the problems he suffered before undergoing minor back surgery last September, which caused him to miss nearly four months.

But Murray explained: "It's a bit different [than last year]. The one thing I've learned the last few years is that everything can be linked. Stiff hips can cause back pain. A tight back can cause neck pain and all sorts so I need to stay on top of it."

To me that sounds promising, sounds like just the normal tweaks and twinges any player can get during a match.
IP Logged
The Gnome
ATP Level

Re: News Articles « Reply #9472 on: March 27, 2014, 04:35 AM »

http://www.atpworldtour.com/News/Tennis/2014/03/13/Miami-Wednesday-Murray-Reaction.aspx

Encouraging

Andy Murray’s quest for a third Sony Open Tennis title fell short on Wednesday when the defending champion lost to rival Novak Djokovic 7-5, 6-3 in the quarter-finals.

Even in defeat, the World No. 6 expressed satisfaction for his level of play. The 26 year old is regaining his form after undergoing back surgery in September 2013 to remove a bone spur.

“I have been able to play for the first three months of the year without too many problems and too many setbacks,” said Murray. “So if someone had told me after the surgery this is where I would be going into April, it wouldn't be too far from where I would have liked to have been.”

Since his return in January, the reigning Wimbledon champion is 14-5 on the season, reaching the semi-finals in Acapulco (l. to Dimitrov) and the quarter-finals in Melbourne (l. to Federer) and Rotterdam (l. to Cilic).

“I think my game is just about there,” said Murray. “I had many opportunities today [against Djokovic] - like 30 All and Love 30 games on his serve - and I didn't serve so well when I went ahead in the second set.

“But I was hitting the ball better from the back of the court. I was playing aggressive. I was taking the ball early.

“My game is not far from where I want it to be.”

The Scot now switches his focus to the European clay court season. He will get his first test on the surface next week when he joins countrymen Daniel Evans, James Ward and Colin Fleming on the team representing Great Britain in Davis Cup. They face host nation Italy in the World Group quarter-finals.

“I think it's probably likely I will stay here [in Miami] for a couple of days, take a couple of days' rest, and then I will probably go straight to Italy.”

“I need to get back on the practice court after having a break and see how my game translates onto the clay,” said Murray. “I'm getting there."

Murray will also keep his eyes on the Emirates ATP Rankings. His will drop to No. 8 when the numbers are released on Monday.

“'I'm playing Top 10 tennis, but not maybe Top 5, Top 4 tennis. That's obviously where I want to be by the time the French Open comes around, so hopefully in the next couple of months I will improve a bit on that.”
IP Logged
wimbledonwestie
ATP Level

Re: News Articles « Reply #9473 on: March 27, 2014, 07:52 AM »

^ I like this - for all our hopes and wishes, it is Andy who sets his goals in terms of his comeback so he knows what he is aiming for and when and whether or not he's achieving them. We are along for the ride. Onwards and upwards
IP Logged
althusser
Junior

Re: News Articles « Reply #9474 on: March 27, 2014, 04:02 PM »

clay court season - ugh!!

Just hoping Andy can battle through enough rounds to continue his revival. Maybe his goals going in this year will be a bit lower than usual and this could actually help.
IP Logged
blueberryhill
Veteran

Re: News Articles « Reply #9475 on: March 27, 2014, 04:51 PM »

@althusser
And he could get some points in the process.  yay  Nothing to defend really from now till Queens.
IP Logged
flowerpower
Challenger Level

Relax All is good!

Re: News Articles « Reply #9476 on: March 27, 2014, 05:41 PM »

http://afanobsessed.sportsblog.com/post/628282/is_novak_djokovic_a_cheater.html

http://ftw.usatoday.com/2014/03/novak-djokovic-andy-murray-sony-open-net-point/

http://www.theguardian.com/sport/2014/mar/27/andy-murray-novak-djokovic-sony-open#start-of-comments
IP Logged
flowerpower
Challenger Level

Relax All is good!

Re: News Articles « Reply #9477 on: March 27, 2014, 05:50 PM »

Our comms said yesterday that Andy has said that he felt a bit depressed or down earlier. Who knows where or when he taked about this... ?
IP Logged
myren
Junior

Re: News Articles « Reply #9478 on: March 27, 2014, 05:56 PM »

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/tennis/atptour/10725889/Rules-row-casts-a-shadow-over-Andy-Murrays-defeat-to-Novak-Djokovic-at-Sony-Open-in-Miami.html

IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Re: News Articles « Reply #9479 on: March 27, 2014, 06:48 PM »

gnome thanks for the medical report.  And I think a v honest self assessment from Andy as to where his tennis is right now.   Have to keep reminding myself of my own counsel of patience.  He'll get there and is well on the way.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 629 630 631 [632] 633 634 635 ... 714 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »