Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  News Articles 1 Member and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 635 636 637 [638] 639 640 641 ... 773 Go Down Reply
Author

News Articles

(Read 490322 times)
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: News Articles « Reply #9555 on: April 09, 2014, 06:16 PM »

Watch him flop in the QF's now. Huge jinx.
He could hardly be expected to play his chances down, could he?

My crystal ball agrees with me! Shrug Seriously though, I will self implode if Andy does not defend his title on the lawns of SW19.
Well that would be quite something to see. Rolling Eyes

I don't think his ranking seems to bother him much going into a tournament at all.  Well measured statement re the next coach.  Not a pop at Lendl, just more that he needs to know the next person he appoints is going to be in it for the longer term. 
I agree.  Good interview.
[ Last edit by Aileen April 09, 2014, 06:22 PM ] IP Logged
flowerpower
Challenger Level

Let your racket do the talking

Re: News Articles « Reply #9556 on: April 09, 2014, 06:22 PM »

http://travel.aol.co.uk/2014/04/08/andy-murray-cromlix-hotel-investigated-tripadvisor-reviews-before-opening/

http://www.rtlnieuws.nl/sport/hotel-andy-murray-opspraak
Hotel Andy Murray discredited

Hotel Andy Murray discredited

Andy Murray's second career as a hotel owner immediately ran an indentation on . His luxury hotel in Perthshire was examined by booking site TripAdvisor . Who found it a bit strange that people already gave 5 star hotel before it was open anyway . The issue fizzled out .

An early assessment could still be a coincidence , but in Andy's case gave six people topbeoordeling for the doors of the hotel opened on April 1 , knows Daily Mail . A spokesman of TripAdvisor showed previously know that there was thought that the reviews "encouraged" would be. Or: fraud .

The hotel staff themselves are not surprised that the enthusiastic reviews . About 100 people were already staying for the opening in the super luxury hotel . They did not have to pay what the tone of the enthusiastic reviews partly explained . Their stay

The investigation of the booking site has been completed and there appear to be no rules have been violated . The reviews of Hotel Cromlix may simply remain online. A night at the hotel costs about 600 euros easily . The hotel is not big , with ten rooms and five suites , and is located near the residence of the 26 - year-old athlete.

IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: News Articles « Reply #9557 on: April 09, 2014, 06:29 PM »

What utter rubbish! -

"Family facing eviction from home next to Andy Murray's new hotel claim row is 'bad karma' for Wimbledon champ"

I don’t think Andy Murray has anything to do with it, I think it is his mum that is behind the whole thing, but I still think it’s causing him a bit of bad karma because he’s hardly won a game since the whole thing started.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/family-facing-eviction-home-next-3391163

IP Logged
Connor
John McEnroe

Re: News Articles « Reply #9558 on: April 09, 2014, 06:30 PM »

What utter rubbish! -

"Family facing eviction from home next to Andy Murray's new hotel claim row is 'bad karma' for Wimbledon champ"

I don’t think Andy Murray has anything to do with it, I think it is his mum that is behind the whole thing, but I still think it’s causing him a bit of bad karma because he’s hardly won a game since the whole thing started.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/family-facing-eviction-home-next-3391163

Clueless idiots. Probably don't watch tennis, clearly seen as its a match and not a game Rolling Eyes
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

Give me your JMac, Henman, Cash & 2 balls.

Re: News Articles « Reply #9559 on: April 09, 2014, 07:00 PM »

This has been talked about already as an idea, but this seems to be the first formal confirmation of another Rally Against Cancer in the Summer.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/tennis/10753125/Andy-Murray-and-Russ-Hutchins-plan-cancer-benefit-for-Elena-Baltacha.html

Russ Hutchins?  Rolling Eyes
IP Logged
*Sparkle*
Challenger Level

Re: News Articles « Reply #9560 on: April 09, 2014, 07:57 PM »

He could hardly be expected to play his chances down, could he?

He didn't even say what the headline claims (as seems to be standard these days).  

I think he's just saying that he's hopeful of being back to full fitness by then, so he has a great chance.  He's not the only one with a great chance of winning, but it's much better than most.

In terms of ranking, I'm sure Andy would like to have a higher ranking, but he doesn't and worrying about the problems of having a lower ranking would only distract him from improving his game, and ultimately his ranking.

Talking of weak dodgy headlines, I do despair that "news"papers act as if something is a scandal in a headline (the hotel getting reviewed before it opened), when even their own article explains that the reviews actually came in after it had opened.  Actually, the "questionable reviews" themselves explained how they were able to review it before the official opening. 
[ Last edit by *Sparkle* April 09, 2014, 08:01 PM ] IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: News Articles « Reply #9561 on: April 10, 2014, 07:21 PM »

Somewhere yesterday (I thought it was Kevin Mitchell but can't find it on line now) I read that Andy had said something to the effect that he'd been hoping his back would be perfect now but he has had to accept that won't be the case (can't remember now if he was just talking about on the clay).  Rather worrying I thought as I'd hoped any niggles were just post-op but the remark sounded as if he was resigned to always having something of a back problem even if not the bad problem it was last couple of years.
IP Logged
The Gnome
ATP Level

Re: News Articles « Reply #9562 on: April 10, 2014, 08:10 PM »

It was from the Independant

"Once you have back issues, it's something you have to monitor," he said. "But I've been doing OK this year. I would have liked it to have been perfect, but I have to accept it's not going to be that way. I'll be interested to see how it responds to a couple of weeks' hard training."

And i don't see anything to be alarmed about, Federer and other players have back problems which are managable, as long as it's improved from last year (which it is) then we should just stop fretting about it.

He may have to adjust his game the older he gets to compensate, i can't see him running down balls like he does in his 30s.
IP Logged
althusser
Satellite Level

I Conquer

Re: News Articles « Reply #9563 on: April 10, 2014, 08:59 PM »

When Andy pulled out of RG last year I read an article by Andrew Castle saying that the sort of issue Andy had was one that has ended tennis careers in the past. That was a dark moment,  and I suppose we have similar fears now.

But, as we know, it was only weeks before Andy won Wimbledon, and indeed  all three of his great victories came whilst having such problems. So if it proves manageable there is real hope [ Attachment Invalid Or Does Not Exist ]
IP Logged
blueberryhill
World No 1

Re: News Articles « Reply #9564 on: April 10, 2014, 09:38 PM »

There's a depressing quote from a tennis player, can't dig it out, but along the lines of: once you've got a back problem, you've always got a back problem.
If clay makes it worse, stay away Andy!
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: News Articles « Reply #9565 on: April 11, 2014, 08:24 AM »

ah thanks gnome - I read both papers so got them confused.   Yes I suppose it was unrealistic to think that with one op he would be free.  So perhaps no bad thing that Andy is keeping his time on the clay to the minimum required by the rules - though of course he's doing his 2 week training block in Valencia on clay
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

Give me your JMac, Henman, Cash & 2 balls.

Re: News Articles « Reply #9566 on: April 11, 2014, 04:55 PM »

Not sure where to put this. For volunteering at Wimbles if anyone interested in applying. Note: closes UK time midnight tonight.

http://www.lta.org.uk/Footer/Jobs-at-the-LTA/Current-Vacancies/Wimbledon-Volunteers/
IP Logged
Milly87
Futures Level

Re: News Articles « Reply #9567 on: April 13, 2014, 01:02 PM »

RT @babciapat: Good to hear @andy_murray on #R5live being i/viewd byJohn #Inverdale as he watched the #LondonMarathon to see how #Kim gets on ...{^_^}

Anyone know what was said?
IP Logged
wimbledonwestie
Seed

Re: News Articles « Reply #9568 on: April 13, 2014, 01:21 PM »

Here's the link; Andy's interview is at 03;19:00

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b040hqft

Not sure that will work but if you go the 5live website and click commentaries you'll get it.

Nice wee interview - sounds like Andy is dashing about on the tube in order  to catch Kim at various points. And didn't rule out running it himself when he stops playing - despite hating running.
IP Logged
blueberryhill
World No 1

Re: News Articles « Reply #9569 on: April 13, 2014, 01:39 PM »

Lol Andy was on the train and the tube this morning, Angie where were you?  Whistle
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 635 636 637 [638] 639 640 641 ... 773 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »