Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  News Articles 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 721 Go Down Reply
Author

News Articles

(Read 427188 times)
nhilun
Futures Level

Re: News Articles « Reply #45 on: June 24, 2007, 12:38 PM »

Did Murray have any autobiography ?
IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: News Articles « Reply #46 on: June 24, 2007, 03:54 PM »

Isn't there like three different ones now?
[ Last edit by Mark June 24, 2007, 03:54 PM ] IP Logged
Scottie
World No 1

Re: News Articles « Reply #47 on: June 24, 2007, 04:11 PM »

I hope he plays! Its a good chance to win an Olympic medal!
IP Logged
ljsmall
Veteran

It's a Murray Duck!

Re: News Articles « Reply #48 on: June 25, 2007, 10:00 AM »

"I've been playing some sets the last few days and haven't had any bad reactions on my wrist," said Murray, speaking as his brother Jamie Murray was lifting the doubles title at Nottingham.

"Every day it's been getting better. Unless I have any bad reactions on Sunday or on Monday after my practice I'm planning on playing.

There's your answer all you cynical people. He'd hoped to get in extra practice today but then got drawn to play today. He still wasn't entirely comfortable after practice yesterday and was worried cause that was his last practice, spoke to his doctors who said 10 days not 2 so he withdrew. I bet if his doctors had said by Wednesday he'd be fully fit he'd have chanced it. But 10 days is just too much. It's not a big conspiracy. Wimbledon doesn't NEED Andy. It'll still be over-run with people everyday. It's just a guy seeded top 8 for his home slam for the first time not willing to admit defeat until the last minute. I bet he's more gutted than the rest of us.
[ Last edit by ljsmall June 25, 2007, 10:07 AM ] IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: News Articles « Reply #49 on: June 25, 2007, 10:04 AM »

We've all seen that quote for a while now and I don't think it reveals much at all.

According to fuzzy Wimbledon had no freedom to place him on any other day but Monday due to his side of the draw. And he could have still waited until after practise on Monday to decide as he was third out.
[ Last edit by Mark June 25, 2007, 10:05 AM ] IP Logged
ljsmall
Veteran

It's a Murray Duck!

Re: News Articles « Reply #50 on: June 25, 2007, 10:24 AM »

I know you've all seen that quote for a while now Mark. As have I. Don't be patronising. This is just the first time i've been here since I read it and I'm just offering my opinion on what I think happened. And this quote has a lot to do with that. I thought R1 was played Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday, which is why I thought Tuesday was a possibility. But I suppose if we're all of a sudden believing everything Fuzzy has to say then i'll go away and eat my piece of humble pie.
IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: News Articles « Reply #51 on: June 25, 2007, 10:29 AM »

I thought the same Lorna and fuzzy isn't the most reliable of sources but he tends to be right about these little things.

I hate patronising and I wasn't doing that. I just thought it was silly coming on this thread quoting something we have all seen before we expressed our legitimate skepticism and then suggesting it suddenly clears things up which it in no way does.
[ Last edit by Mark June 25, 2007, 10:31 AM ] IP Logged
ljsmall
Veteran

It's a Murray Duck!

Re: News Articles « Reply #52 on: June 25, 2007, 10:44 AM »

I quoted it cause it was a while ago in the topic and i was going to refer to it in my post. Is that not the way things work around here? Sorry if I read you as patronising when you didn't mean to be. I was just annoyed that you thought I was doing that unnecessary re-post thing that I hate.

I actually looked up the R1 thing and he is right. R1 for top half scheduled Monday R1 for bottom half scheduled Tuesday. Rain delay and long matches cause regular wednesday spillover which usually means Top half Monday/Tuesday bottom half Tuesday/Wednesday to allow for appropriate rest days. I just thought that was the way it was scheduled cause it happened so often.
IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: News Articles « Reply #53 on: June 25, 2007, 10:56 AM »

Thanks for confirming it.
[ Last edit by Mark June 25, 2007, 10:58 AM ] IP Logged
Scottie
World No 1

Re: News Articles « Reply #54 on: June 25, 2007, 12:22 PM »

Well with todays rain it looks like there will be no play at all. There might not be much on Tuesday or Wednesday either. Its looking really bad for the first week. I would guess that its a certantity for a middle sunday play. You never know it couldve been 10 days before Andy got to play. lol
IP Logged
hulahoop
Seed

Home is where the heart is!

Re: News Articles « Reply #55 on: June 25, 2007, 01:34 PM »

Judy's interview was pretty straight forward, I thought.

His forehand was giving him gyp yesterday, so he wasn't ready to play.

Disappointing tho' it is, I'd rather wait until he's fully match fit and playing a couple of lesser tournaments, before tackling the US Open.

Rolling Eyes Can you imagine the non tennis afficianados reaction if he'd gone out in he 1st or 2nd round of Wimby?

I wouldn't wish that reaction or press on anyone, even Safin :p
IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: News Articles « Reply #56 on: June 29, 2007, 12:26 AM »

Cheerleader Andy’s big brother fanfare'

ANDY MURRAY will make his Wimbledon bow this afternoon - as part of brother Jamie's cheering squad.

The injury-hit British No.1 has promised to clap and cheer his older brother to victory when he begins his men's doubles campaign later today.
IP Logged
netcord
Top Seed

Miles who?

Re: News Articles « Reply #57 on: June 29, 2007, 12:41 AM »

Andy wasn't there to cheer him on...his folks were there but, when asked after their win about Andy, Jamie said he hadn't spoken to him for a week!  shocking
IP Logged
nads
Seed

My Fav AM Pic!

Re: News Articles « Reply #58 on: June 29, 2007, 08:17 AM »

Yes he was there, in the players' lounge - see photos...
IP Logged
ljsmall
Veteran

It's a Murray Duck!

Re: News Articles « Reply #59 on: June 29, 2007, 09:20 AM »

He's said a million times before he really hates watching Jamie courtside. Perhaps Jamie is fed up being asked about Andy ALL the time so he said that as a laugh.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 721 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »