Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  News Articles 0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 235 236 237 [238] 239 240 241 ... 713 Go Down Reply
Author

News Articles

(Read 413706 times)
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: News Articles « Reply #3555 on: September 29, 2012, 04:52 PM »

the Express to boot scotn  w00t
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

You (still) ain't seen nothing yet..

Re: News Articles « Reply #3556 on: September 29, 2012, 04:54 PM »

Actually, I just found this:
http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/2010/aug/20/andy-murray-mardy-fish-cincinnati-masters
IP Logged
Elena
Seed

Re: News Articles « Reply #3557 on: September 29, 2012, 05:01 PM »

Haha - so that's retiring from a match then, not tennis!

Thanks for the article Bev
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Re: News Articles « Reply #3558 on: September 29, 2012, 05:06 PM »

trust the express to misinterpret it and blow it up
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

You (still) ain't seen nothing yet..

Re: News Articles « Reply #3559 on: September 29, 2012, 05:08 PM »

That's "The Media" for you.
IP Logged
backhandslice
Seed

You love my shenanigans. Admit it.

Re: News Articles « Reply #3560 on: September 30, 2012, 10:08 AM »

what a disgusting article. http://www.tennisworldusa.org/ANDY-MURRAY-HE-IS-UNPLEASANT-articolo6214.html
IP Logged
michelle
Seed

Re: News Articles « Reply #3561 on: September 30, 2012, 10:19 AM »

Well what would you expect from this thoroughly disgusting individual. He referred to his wife as the bobey, and rarely gave respect to anyone, he is hitting out at Andy because he has been removed from Channel 4 Racing and Andy has achieved so much more than him. Most intelligent people will see these comments for what they are, sour grapes. He has certainly been on some what I consider disgusting TV Live shows eg Big Brother, and this is his level.
IP Logged
ChrisMac
World No 1

Re: News Articles « Reply #3562 on: September 30, 2012, 10:58 AM »

Also a disgusting individual! Never could stand him.
IP Logged
Katie
ATP Level

Andy Murray - US Open and Wimbledon champion! :)

Re: News Articles « Reply #3563 on: September 30, 2012, 10:59 AM »

John McCririck seems to have just described himself in that article - surly, unpleasant, irritating and self-obsessed. They're definitely not character traits of Andy, that's for sure.
IP Logged
laundry
Top Seed

Re: News Articles « Reply #3564 on: September 30, 2012, 10:59 AM »

John McCririck voiced his views about Andy on a Big Brother talk show and he got booed when he did :P
[ Last edit by laundry September 30, 2012, 11:03 AM ] IP Logged
Iluvandy
Seed

Re: News Articles « Reply #3565 on: September 30, 2012, 11:03 AM »

What a load of tripe.    I know nothing about McCririck as I would never watch someone who makes a career out of eccentricity - presumably as a substitute for talent - but I was surprised to learn he has a large following in Scotland as I have never heard anyone even mention his name.    I didn't even know he was Scottish and that doesn't please me one bit.   Best ignored.
IP Logged
Philip
Seed

Re: News Articles « Reply #3566 on: September 30, 2012, 11:16 AM »

In going through past newspaper reports, I came across this article once again.  I have underlined the key sentence which jumped out at me today.  It is really exciting that based on Lendl, what brought Andy to the current level is as yet nowhere near where his full potential is. I think we are in for a very exciting and dominant 2013 season by Andy assuming he stays healthy and injury free.

Asked if he was surprised how quickly they had gelled as a team, with a slam title to show for it after only nine months, Lendl gave it the full Czech stare: "I think your memory is very short. Or you have selective memory. Or it's just short. Both Andy and I were saying, 'Give us six to nine months'. Do the math. You can help somebody, obviously, in a very short period of time, however it takes longer than that to help more than that, for things to set in. You cannot do that in one week, you cannot do that in one month and, hopefully, we're not anywhere near where Andy can get."

http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/2012/sep/11/ivan-lendl-andy-murray-dream
[ Last edit by Philip September 30, 2012, 11:19 AM ] IP Logged
Philip
Seed

Re: News Articles « Reply #3567 on: September 30, 2012, 11:38 AM »

Top seed Andy Murray has drawn a difficult first-round match at the Rakuten Japan Open Tennis Championships as he looks to successfully defend his Tokyo crown.

The World No. 3, who is playing his first event since lifting his first major trophy at the US Open over Novak Djokovic, will face off against Gael Monfils in his opener. Monfils will contest his third tournament since returning from a right knee injury in Metz. Murray holds a 3-2 edge in their FedEx ATP Head2Head series, but Monfils won their latest encounter in the quarter-finals of the BNP Paribas Masters two years ago in Paris.

The seeded player in Murray’s section is No. 7 seed Stanislas Wawrinka. The Swiss plays wild card Hiroki Moriya. The 21 year old, who participated in the draw ceremony on Saturday, is bidding to win his first ATP World Tour match. Moriya is ranked a career-high No. 204 in the South African Airways ATP Rankings.

In the second quarter, ninth-ranked Janko Tipsarevic, the third seed, will battle World No. 19 Gilles Simon in an intriguing first-round clash. Simon beat Tipsarevic in the semi-finals of the Malaysian Open, Kuala Lumpur on Saturday. Sixth seed Milos Raonic is also in Tipsarevic’s section and will take on Radek Stepanek .

The third quarter of the draw is led by No. 4 seed Juan Monaco, who will play a qualifier yet-to-be determined. Fifth seed Nicolas Almagro will face wild card Tatsuma Ito, while Bernard Tomic and Marcos Baghdatis will both open their campaigns against qualifiers.

At the bottom of the draw is World No. 6 Tomas Berdych, the second seed. The Czech recently led his country through to the Davis Cup Final against Argentina and will face Frenchman Benoit Paire in the first round. In the most anticipated first-round matchup for home fans, eighth seed Kei Nishikori has drawn countryman Go Soeda in a meeting featuring Japan’s top two ranked singles players

http://en.rakutenopen.com/News/Tennis/2012/Tournament/Tokyo-Saturday-Draw-Preview.aspx
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Re: News Articles « Reply #3568 on: September 30, 2012, 12:43 PM »

Bad luck for the Japanese that their two top ranked players play each other in first round.
In some ways I'd rather Andy has a first round match against someone he knows will be tough than against a qualifier who has played his way into the tournament and can spring a surprise.  But I guess Monfils has quite a bit of match practice under his belt since his return from injury to definitely a tough first round for Andy.
IP Logged
blueberryhill
Veteran

Re: News Articles « Reply #3569 on: September 30, 2012, 01:28 PM »

MCCririk spelling ? is horrible and his wife is called "Booby" lmao
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 235 236 237 [238] 239 240 241 ... 713 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »