Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  News Articles 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 246 247 248 [249] 250 251 252 ... 787 Go Down Reply
Author

News Articles

(Read 507739 times)
blueberryhill
World No 1

Re: News Articles « Reply #3720 on: October 17, 2012, 06:33 AM »

Well, Andy will be in Miami so travel would be minimal and exhibition matches aren't too serious anyway. He also joins in stuff in Miami too eg goes to "Heat" matches and apparently even pilates/yoga classes. tender
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: News Articles « Reply #3721 on: October 17, 2012, 07:49 AM »

This really mystifies me.  For some time now the players have been demanding a longer off-season so that they can have more time for R & R - and now that they've got it, what do they do?  Play exhibition matches!  Federer is doing a tour of South America in December and Djokovic too is planning on playing expos.  I just don't get it.
I was thinking the exact same Aileen.

I guess the difference is that exho's are obviously nowhere near as demanding on the body and considering how Andy played during Boodles, probably a great time to relax and just enjoy their tennis without worrying about ranking, money or reputation.
IP Logged
xxdanixx
Seed

Dream big, because little dreams have little magic

Re: News Articles « Reply #3722 on: October 17, 2012, 08:24 AM »

Loved reading about him making himself available to the younger players if they need to talk-that's so sweet,and so typical of Andy to remember what helped him when he was younger,and do it for others.

What fantastic experience it must be for those players,to train and talk with Andy,who's not only such a fantastic player,but who has such a brilliant tennis mind too-they couldn't ask for someone better to learn from!

As for the exho thing-I agree,it's a little confusing,but my guess is that in Andy's case it's a good way to get his body used to playing matches in the heat and keep match fit,but in an environment that's nowhere near as demanding or grueling on the body,or pressurised on the mind as the real thing-where he can play simply to play,if you know what I mean?
IP Logged
michelle
Seed

Re: News Articles « Reply #3723 on: October 17, 2012, 08:25 AM »

Would have thought this was more fun than practice sessions, after all he goes to Miami for fitness training and working on his game with Lendl.
IP Logged
xxdanixx
Seed

Dream big, because little dreams have little magic

Re: News Articles « Reply #3724 on: October 17, 2012, 09:57 AM »

Oh,I know what you mean Michelle-I didn't mean that it's instead of training,I meant that,the way I see it,it's a good way to complement the training he'd already be over there to do!To play matches,in that heat,but in a fun way,simply playing to play,without it meaning anything in the ranking system or anything.
IP Logged
Katie
ATP Level

Andy Murray - US Open and Wimbledon champion! :)

Re: News Articles « Reply #3725 on: October 17, 2012, 11:37 AM »

I think Andy's taken part in a similar event in Miami before, perhaps one during the summer months? Agree that it's a good thing for him to do alongside his training. Interesting that Roddick and Ferrero are also taking part, both retired players (Ferrero retires next week sadly).
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: News Articles « Reply #3726 on: October 17, 2012, 12:07 PM »

I don't think Andy ever takes much time actually off as opposed to training in the off season so can see the sense of playing expo near where he's based in Miami.   And I guess if he's v tired or injured after WTF he can always pull out.
Liked the Herald story Aileen.
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

Give me your JMac, Henman, Cash & 2 balls.

Re: News Articles « Reply #3727 on: October 17, 2012, 12:53 PM »

I'm not worried about this exho. Andy can just roll out of bed, have a quick jog along the beach, then turn up with racquet in hand.
Altho' he might have to wear his sunglasses to play on this court as it may hurt his eyes. Wonder what colour the balls are going to be? Very Happy

All the matches will take place on the stadium court, which will be transformed from purple and green to the first-ever white court with red lines and a blue surrounding area.

Read more here: http://www.miamiherald.com/2012/10/17/3053166/andy-roddick-andy-murray-head.html#storylink=cpy
IP Logged
Katie
ATP Level

Andy Murray - US Open and Wimbledon champion! :)

Re: News Articles « Reply #3728 on: October 17, 2012, 01:04 PM »

I'm not worried about this exho. Andy can just roll out of bed, have a quick jog along the beach, then turn up with racquet in hand.
Altho' he might have to wear his sunglasses to play on this court as it may hurt his eyes. Wonder what colour the balls are going to be? Very Happy

All the matches will take place on the stadium court, which will be transformed from purple and green to the first-ever white court with red lines and a blue surrounding area.

Read more here: http://www.miamiherald.com/2012/10/17/3053166/andy-roddick-andy-murray-head.html#storylink=cpy
A white court?! This may give Ion Tiriac ideas for next year's Madrid Masters. Wink Will be interesting to see this court, hope there's photos.
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

Give me your JMac, Henman, Cash & 2 balls.

Re: News Articles « Reply #3729 on: October 17, 2012, 01:39 PM »

He's also got the exho in Abu Dhabi in December.

http://www.mubadalawtc.com/Home.aspx
IP Logged
michelle
Seed

Re: News Articles « Reply #3730 on: October 17, 2012, 02:09 PM »

Yes and Federer was not invited.......perhaps Psuedo Fed could blog or tweet about his absence!
IP Logged
flowerpower
Challenger Level

Let your racket do the talking

Re: News Articles « Reply #3731 on: October 17, 2012, 02:20 PM »

http://www.scotsman.com/news/scottish-news/top-stories/andy-murray-s-psychologist-refutes-gloomy-image-1-2581803

The psychologist from Andy has spoken with Lendl too...
IP Logged
flowerpower
Challenger Level

Let your racket do the talking

Re: News Articles « Reply #3732 on: October 17, 2012, 02:27 PM »

http://www.gazettebw.com/index.php?option=com_content&id=15204:harry-potter-was-too-long-andy-murray&catid=20:timeout&view=article

http://www.morningstaronline.co.uk/news/content/view/full/125036
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: News Articles « Reply #3733 on: October 17, 2012, 04:07 PM »

OMG! lol 

Well he's done that before as good preparation for the AO, and at least he'll have had a few weeks 'rest' by then in so far as its possible for him to have one, workaholic that he is.

Yes and Federer was not invited.......perhaps Psuedo Fed could blog or tweet about his absence!
Are you sure this isn't because Fed is doing a 'royal progress' through South America in December?

IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: News Articles « Reply #3734 on: October 17, 2012, 04:14 PM »

I think I might actually be speechless. I thought that dreadful looking blue clay in Madrid was the pits, but this is just.......I can't even think of the word lol.
[ Last edit by teejay1 October 17, 2012, 04:17 PM ] IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 246 247 248 [249] 250 251 252 ... 787 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »