Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  News Articles 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 266 267 268 [269] 270 271 272 ... 640 Go Down Reply
Author Topic: News Articles  (Read 358317 times)
backhandslice
Seed

You love my shenanigans. Admit it.

Re: News Articles « Reply #4020 on: November 12, 2012, 06:35 PM »

http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/blog/2012/nov/12/andy-murray-dignified-exit-world-tour-finals 
IP Logged
xxdanixx
Seed

Dream big, because little dreams have little magic

Re: News Articles « Reply #4021 on: November 12, 2012, 06:39 PM »

What a lovely article.I really enjoy Kevin Mitchell's writing.And what a lovely,lovely guy Andy is.Just such a shame that there are some who can't-or maybe won't,who knows?-see it.
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: News Articles « Reply #4022 on: November 12, 2012, 06:56 PM »

I agree dani - I'm a member of the Kev M fan club too!  Would love to be able to give Andy that hug.  Where's little Henry when he's needed?
But I'm confused because I thought Andy had said he will be attending SPOTY after all as he has changed his training schedule from the last couple of years. Can anyone clarify?
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Re: News Articles « Reply #4023 on: November 12, 2012, 06:59 PM »

Not seen it before janetx so thanks.  I'm no Torygraph fan but that's a good sympathetic piece which gets a few well aimed shots in at smugfed.  
Oh and a thought: perhaps we should invite Murraymaniac Kevin Spacey to join MW as an honorary member or patron! 
 Whistle
I was sitting v near him during the Tsonga match but not quite near enough to thank him for his great comment after USO about never having wanted anything so much for someone else before - my sentiments exactly.  clap
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: News Articles « Reply #4024 on: November 12, 2012, 07:13 PM »

We should approach that nice Mr. Spacey to join us as a patron! I'd like that!

I love KM's article. I've been enraged all day about the way Andy was treated. Now, thanks to KM, I want to cry! Unless of course the more PC around here will give in and allow me to hurt Federer. I hate that man!

Wonder if KM would consider joining us in an honorary capacity too?  That might be fun.
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Re: News Articles « Reply #4025 on: November 12, 2012, 07:18 PM »

Journalistic impartiality might not allow KM to join us tj but nice idea!
IP Logged
janetx
Challenger Level

Re: News Articles « Reply #4026 on: November 12, 2012, 07:36 PM »

No probs Ruthie!

Loved the Guardian article; it was really nice.
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: News Articles « Reply #4027 on: November 12, 2012, 07:41 PM »

Journalistic impartiality might not allow KM to join us tj but nice idea!

Yes, I wondered about the impartiality thing. Oh well!
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

You (still) ain't seen nothing yet..

Re: News Articles « Reply #4028 on: November 12, 2012, 07:50 PM »

Steve Tignor article:

http://www.tennis.com/news/2012/11/keeping-tabs-nov-12/40103/
IP Logged
xxdanixx
Seed

Re: News Articles « Reply #4029 on: November 12, 2012, 07:53 PM »

I love the idea of the two Kevins joining our ranks-and as for journalistic impartiality,I say screw it!Andy's already up against many who are determined members of the anyone-but-Murray brigade.He could use at least one member of the media determinedly on his side.

I always think KM is,anyway,from his writing.I don't mean he's unfair to whoever Andy is playing against or whatever,on the contrary,he seems to me to be a very fair man.But from his writing I get the sense that he genuinely does like and admire Andy as a person too.
IP Logged
The Gnome
ATP Level

Re: News Articles « Reply #4030 on: November 12, 2012, 07:53 PM »

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2012/magazine/sportsman/11/08/Andy-Murray-Jon-Wertheim/index.html
IP Logged
xxdanixx
Seed

Re: News Articles « Reply #4031 on: November 12, 2012, 08:03 PM »

Thank you Gnome-I really,really enjoyed that article.
And thanks to Scotnadian too-even though it doesn't make for happy reading,I liked that article,for acknowledging what Andy was up against-and also how the media responded afterwardsI had to laugh at the labelling of the headlines as "gentle" and "delicate" etc, and then listing them out,so everyone could see they were anything but!
IP Logged
The Gnome
ATP Level

Re: News Articles « Reply #4032 on: November 12, 2012, 08:10 PM »

Love this comment left by someone on that article

What a brilliant summary of the current state of affairs.  Kevin Mitchell gets it.  Federer is not the fan's favourite for what he does, but for what he doesn't do.  All the things Murray and Djokovic do, which speaks more to those who aren't looking for idols and figureheads, because they see in them fallible human beings who still triumph in the face of adversity on many occasions.  It's the difference between reality-TV and reality.  A carefully crafted image and brand vs. raw and oftentimes uncontrolled emotions.  And let's face it, which one paints a more honest picture for future generations?

Certainly this interpretation is frowned upon by many, but I present it merely as one POV.  I do believe it is at least as valid as many others.  I see it in my 9-year old niece who is now getting to play tournaments.  She likes Djokovic and Sharapova, and she is learning to face her own emotions.  It's quite something to watch, to see her develop.  Nothing Murray and Djokovic have done has ever brought the sport into disrepute.  I was already stunned at the lack of true support for Murray during the Wimbledon final.  It was shameful.

I understand the fascination with Federer, but Murray has grown by leaps and bounds, and is not the same Murray he was 3-4 years ago.  Gone is the arrogance and debilitating negativity, and while he certainly has room to grow - come on, which one of us doesn't until the day we die? - he deserves the support.
IP Logged
janetx
Challenger Level

Re: News Articles « Reply #4033 on: November 12, 2012, 11:26 PM »

^ Very interesting comment indeed.
IP Logged
Sabine
Veteran

You mesmerize me, Andy

Re: News Articles « Reply #4034 on: November 13, 2012, 04:58 AM »

The compliment was reciprocated by Federer, who explained: “You can’t expect the crowd to be cheering for you if you’re playing Andy in this country, so I do respect their support. I don’t take it for granted. I think it’s very special that I do have it all around the world – not just in England.”

Oh shut up, Roger.
You would have had the courtesy to ask them to cheer for Andy too then...
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 266 267 268 [269] 270 271 272 ... 640 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »