Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  News Articles 0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 273 274 275 [276] 277 278 279 ... 787 Go Down Reply
Author

News Articles

(Read 505414 times)
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: News Articles « Reply #4125 on: November 15, 2012, 12:57 PM »

Thanks Aileen - how good to see a journalist saying it like it is.   Having read quite a few pieces now I think British tennis correspondents were genuinely shocked by how Andy was treated on Sunday.

IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: News Articles « Reply #4126 on: November 15, 2012, 01:08 PM »

Indeed, Ruthie.  I have yet to read an article which hasn't condemned the way Andy was treated, and in some way that might have a positive spin-off, i.e. that our tennis correspondents will once and for all fully appreciate just how much Britain owes to Andy for the invaluable part he has played in our country's sporting history.
IP Logged
xxdanixx
Seed

Dream big, because little dreams have little magic

Re: News Articles « Reply #4127 on: November 15, 2012, 01:20 PM »

Thanks Aileen!Great read Smile

And you're absolutely right,Ruthie and Aileen-there wasn't anything good or positive about the way Andy was treated,but at least it wasn't just us Andy fans who condemned it-most,if not all,of the journalists present-Andy fans or not-were absolutely horrified by what went on,and thankfully,were not afraid to say-or rather write-so publicly.It looks like whether or not they fully like or admire or understand etc who Andy is,he has at least won their complete respect,and a lot of admiration (about time,mind you!),and hopefully they'll treat him as such going forward.
IP Logged
Iluvandy
Seed

Re: News Articles « Reply #4128 on: November 15, 2012, 01:26 PM »

Thanks for that Aileen.    Why the crowd behaved like that is a mystery but I think alcohol may have played a part.    Probably some mindless idiots who just went along with whoever shouted loudest i.e. Fed fans.    I think we will now have to stop talking about "home" advantage for Andy.
IP Logged
Sabine
Veteran

^_^

Re: News Articles « Reply #4129 on: November 15, 2012, 01:52 PM »

Thanks for the lovely articles Aileen and Dani..Smile
IP Logged
OldScotSupport
ATP Level

Re: News Articles « Reply #4130 on: November 15, 2012, 01:58 PM »

Thanks for that Aileen.    Why the crowd behaved like that is a mystery but I think alcohol may have played a part.    Probably some mindless idiots who just went along with whoever shouted loudest i.e. Fed fans.    I think we will now have to stop talking about "home" advantage for Andy.

Alcohol had absolutely nothing to do with the disgraceful behaviour. It was to do with a deep-rooted hatred of Andy, coupled with an overwhelming love for Federer.
IP Logged
Grabcopy
Veteran

I know I'm paranoid. But am I paranoid enough?

Re: News Articles « Reply #4131 on: November 15, 2012, 02:04 PM »

The more I think about it, the more I'm convinced that the support we saw for Andy during the Olympics was actually support for Team GB.
IP Logged
Iluvandy
Seed

Re: News Articles « Reply #4132 on: November 15, 2012, 02:38 PM »

Alcohol had absolutely nothing to do with the disgraceful behaviour. It was to do with a deep-rooted hatred of Andy, coupled with an overwhelming love for Federer.

If that's the case there is quite a large section of that crowd in need of help.
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: News Articles « Reply #4133 on: November 15, 2012, 02:49 PM »

If Andy were to win Wimbledon would the 21 days a year followers of tennis take him to their hearts?

Frankly, I doubt it, if the semi-final of WTF is an indication after Andy's successes in the Olympics and at USO.

I don't know. I just think that people in the UK, not all of whom watch tennis regularly (we need to abandon any idea of Britain being a tennis country really, it just isn't), tend to think Wimbledon is all there is, hence why Andy gets a lot of attention then. I think if he was to win Wimbledon his place in the heart of the nation would be instantly sealed.

Mind you, the idea of him winning and then announcing that he had just become a US citizen still has a certain dramatic appeal for me lol. I think it would be quite funny lol.
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Re: News Articles « Reply #4134 on: November 15, 2012, 02:52 PM »

If that's the case there is quite a large section of that crowd in need of help.

In all honesty I think we established that after the match lol.

Seriously though, I do think some of it was fuelled by a certain amount of alcohol. The rest was because Andy won Olympic gold and Federer didn't, and Andy also beat Federer in Shanghai.

I think Fed's fans are getting just a bit scared of our Andy.
IP Logged
Alis
ATP Level

Re: News Articles « Reply #4135 on: November 15, 2012, 03:07 PM »

I think Fedfans have always been scared of Andy TJ - they know that on any day Andy can beat their idol and it makes them uneasy.  All this might work in Andy's favour though - a lot of the press seem to have been genuinely shocked and may go easier on Andy in the future and, who knows, a lot of the British public may have been genuinely shocked too and might even cast their SPOTY vote for oor Andy!!!!  Life has a strange way of getting it's own back sometimes!
IP Logged
Murray Magic
ATP Level

Andy "Braveheart" Murray

Re: News Articles « Reply #4136 on: November 15, 2012, 03:48 PM »

Although there has been much debate about the crowd at the O2 it is impossible to say what nationalities were involved as there have been reports of Scottish people booing etc. 
I think the only place that Andy feels truly comfortable in is when he comes properly home i.e. Scotland.  He has made no bones lately about loving being home and missing Scotland and how much it means to him to return here. Also it has been widely reported about the tennis centre that he is hopeful of collaborating with the Scottish Government to open.

The idiots at the O2 regardless of their nationality may have done more damage than they realise – will Andy play DC if the ties are not in Scotland?  What happened the other night may have put him off. 

I have been to the DC ties at Braehead, both times when Andy played there and the reception he got would have brought tears to anyone’s eyes, it was amazing and you could see it physically lift him.  That crowd was predominantly Scottish, however, I spoke to several English real tennis fans who were all in awe of Andy and a 100% behind him. 

Scotland has had a good share of the DC ties and it has been brilliant but I think it would be a shame to deprive the real tennis fans in the rest of the UK  of the opportunity to watch the team and in particular Andy Murray for I can say it was an experience that I will never forget.

Let’s hope the idiots from the other night do not have the last word.
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Re: News Articles « Reply #4137 on: November 15, 2012, 03:55 PM »

Thanks for the lovely articles Aileen and Dani..Smile

I must echo that, read them both and forgot to say thanks, but I do now. They are both very good.
IP Logged
xxdanixx
Seed

Dream big, because little dreams have little magic

Re: News Articles « Reply #4138 on: November 15, 2012, 04:12 PM »

I don't know if this is true or not,but just saw there,that according to somebody on twitter  Andy & Kim flew to Dubai yesterday!Using up those tickets he was awarded at the Commonwealth Games dinner possibly?
IP Logged
flowerpower
Challenger Level

Let your racket do the talking

Re: News Articles « Reply #4139 on: November 15, 2012, 05:02 PM »

http://www.thetimes.co.uk/tto/sport/tennis/article3600326.ece
http://www.espn.co.uk/tennis/sport/story/179394.html
http://www.thetennisspace.com/review-of-andy-murrays-season/#.UKUD7uAk-ms.twitter
http://blogs.independent.co.uk/2012/11/14/doping-in-tennis-is-andy-murray-onto-something/?utm_medium=referral&utm_source=t.co
http://iloveandymurray.tumblr.com/post/35774964699/violalovestennis-24-and-counting-stay-tuned-for
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 273 274 275 [276] 277 278 279 ... 787 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »