Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
Andy Murray vs Somdev Devvarman, Thursday, Time TBA - Discuss the match
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  News Articles 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 274 275 276 [277] 278 279 280 ... 745 Go Down Reply
Author

News Articles

(Read 450292 times)
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: News Articles « Reply #4140 on: November 15, 2012, 05:14 PM »

The more I think about it, the more I'm convinced that the support we saw for Andy during the Olympics was actually support for Team GB.
Indeed grabcopy.   I said on another thread that a woman next to me cheering for ANdy made quite clear she'd normally be cheering for fed but team GB made it different.  I'm sure she was typical of many of them.  But as I've said before I do think there has been something of a shift in how many Brits see Andy - pre-Olympics because of the Wimbledon loss.  But there will always be some who just don't 'get' him I fear.   Still remember he did come 2nd in ATP poll so globally he is pretty popular.

dani: doesn't smugfed live in dubai part of the year?    w00t
IP Logged
Grabcopy
Veteran

I know I'm paranoid. But am I paranoid enough?

Re: News Articles « Reply #4141 on: November 15, 2012, 05:19 PM »

Which poll was that, Ruthie?
IP Logged
xxdanixx
Seed

Dream big, because little dreams have little magic

Re: News Articles « Reply #4142 on: November 15, 2012, 05:34 PM »

Which poll was that, Ruthie?

I think Ruthie was referring to the ATP fan-favourite poll Grabcopy.It was open to anyone to vote,and unfortunately Smugfed won AGAIN,but Andy did make it 2nd place,above Novak and Rafa and others,which is pretty great when you think about it,considering the size of their fanbases.

Actually,does anyone know what place Andy came in other years?It's not important,really,would just be interesting to see if there was a significant increase in those voting for him this year or what.
IP Logged
xxdanixx
Seed

Re: News Articles « Reply #4143 on: November 15, 2012, 05:37 PM »

dani: doesn't smugfed live in dubai part of the year?    w00t

Eeek,Ruthie,you're right!!!Hopefully he's off accepting the adoration of his smugfans or something-can you imagine the awkwardness of Andy & Kim bumping into Roger & Mirka on the beach or out shopping or something?Though I'm sure they'd be warned of his presence before they actually saw him-the man's ego is such a size I'm sure it enters any room at least 5 minutes before he does...
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: News Articles « Reply #4144 on: November 15, 2012, 06:02 PM »

the man's ego is such a size I'm sure it enters any room at least 5 minutes before he does...

roflmao roflmao roflmao but five minutes is an understatement. Make that ten.

To be honest I'd love to be a fly on the wall if they did meet. If I was Andy I'd make a point of asking Kim, in a loud voice of course, if she can remember where he put his gold medal. Can you imagine the colour Federer would go? He'd burst a blood vessel  Whistle.

I was going to suggest, in all seriousness, that Dubai is probably big enough for all of them to avoid each other, but thinking about it....Andy and Kim, the Smug one and Mirka, and the Smug one's ego as well - that's surely a bit of a squeeze.
IP Logged
xxdanixx
Seed

Re: News Articles « Reply #4145 on: November 15, 2012, 06:13 PM »

roflmao roflmao roflmao but five minutes is an understatement. Make that ten.

To be honest I'd love to be a fly on the wall if they did meet. If I was Andy I'd make a point of asking Kim, in a loud voice of course, if she can remember where he put his gold medal. Can you imagine the colour Federer would go? He'd burst a blood vessel  Whistle.

I was going to suggest, in all seriousness, that Dubai is probably big enough for all of them to avoid each other, but thinking about it....Andy and Kim, the Smug one and Mirka, and the Smug one's ego as well - that's surely a bit of a squeeze.

You're right Teejay-I was in a generous mood before.Lets make it 20,and we'd probably come closer to being accurate!

Hahahahaha-I would pay good money to see that happening!!Fed would probably match the colour of the shirt he was wearing when he lost the "formality" match for that gold,hehehe...

Realistically,I have no idea of the size of Dubai,but I'm sure it is big enough for them all to co-exist without having Andy's trip marred by any smug appearances-but just thinking about it,he would be the one person they would want to avoid on their trip-and so he'd probably end up being the one they'd run into!it's just been my experience a few times,that when you're away and you know there's one person you don't want to see-you often can end up bumping into them!!It's most unfortunate!

Lol,I think the Smug one's ego would take up more of Dubai than Andy and Kim put together!But yeah,would be a bit tight-hopefully he's busy accepting his "rightful worship" from his followers,or gets busy admiring himself in a mirror (that ought to keep him nice and busy and let Andy & Kim enjoy their trip in peace!) or something,for while they're there.
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Re: News Articles « Reply #4146 on: November 15, 2012, 06:23 PM »

I wish we had a cartoonist on MW who could illustrate the lovely pictures tj and dani's posts have conjured up.  Perhaps smugfed's ego has a skyscraper to itself?
Yes I was talking about the ATP fan-favourite poll that some of us voted in.  I thought it was quite something that Andy out-polled Nole and Rafa.  I fear so long as he plays smugfed will always come out top. You can fool some of the people all of the time ...... w00t
IP Logged
xxdanixx
Seed

Re: News Articles « Reply #4147 on: November 15, 2012, 06:38 PM »

I wish we had a cartoonist on MW who could illustrate the lovely pictures tj and dani's posts have conjured up.  Perhaps smugfed's ego has a skyscraper to itself?

lmao lmao lmao Oh,Ruthie,that'd be just brilliant,if we had a few good Smug cartoons!A skyscraper for his ego would be just SO appropiate lol!
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Re: News Articles « Reply #4148 on: November 15, 2012, 06:50 PM »

perhaps we need to link pseudofed up with a cartoonist dani
IP Logged
xxdanixx
Seed

Re: News Articles « Reply #4149 on: November 15, 2012, 07:33 PM »

Best idea I've hard in a while Ruthie!His blogs are already comedy gold-can you imagine the fun he'd-and we'd!-have with them illustrated?Lol!
IP Logged
Elena
Seed

Re: News Articles « Reply #4150 on: November 15, 2012, 09:40 PM »

Not sure if this has been posted already - but Andy says watch Children In Need (tomorrow, 16th Nov) to see what this is all about.

IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

You (still) ain't seen nothing yet..

Re: News Articles « Reply #4151 on: November 15, 2012, 09:45 PM »

^ It's this, Elena. Should be funny Smile

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/tv/4638044/andy-murray-pudsey-bear-children-in-need.html

PUDSEY Bear is going for gold – after bagging tennis ace Andy Murray and boxer Anthony Joshua for a sketch.

The gold medallists are captured joking around and sparring in aid of BBC’s Children in Need.

The footage will form part of a music video, set to Basement Jaxx’s Do Your Thing, featuring more than 25 of Team GB’s Olympic and Paralympic heroes including Tom Daley, Victoria Pendleton, Rebecca Adlington, Louis Smith, Ellie Simmonds and the three-day eventing team.
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

You (still) ain't seen nothing yet..

Re: News Articles « Reply #4152 on: November 15, 2012, 09:52 PM »

Andy does love his fantasy footie. Smile

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/20314375

BBC Sport football expert Mark Lawrenson is pitting his wits against a different guest each week this season.

Andy Murray is in a Fantasy Football league with his friends and big brother Jamie

His opponent for the latest round of Premier League fixtures is British number one tennis player Andy Murray.

Murray is a fan of SPL side Hibernian but follows the English Premier League closely when he is travelling the world on the ATP Tour.

He is predicting wins for both Manchester clubs this weekend and hopes Arsenal triumph in the north London derby because he needs some goals from Lukas Podolski and Olivier Giroud to give his Fantasy Football team a boost.

You can see all of Murray's predictions on Football Focus at 12:15 GMT on BBC One on Saturday
IP Logged
Elena
Seed

Re: News Articles « Reply #4153 on: November 15, 2012, 11:29 PM »

^^ thanks Scot - have commented elsewhere on the fantasy footy, but it looks like a good line up for Children in Need. Hope people will support.
IP Logged
xxdanixx
Seed

Re: News Articles « Reply #4154 on: November 15, 2012, 11:33 PM »

^ It's this, Elena. Should be funny Smile

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/tv/4638044/andy-murray-pudsey-bear-children-in-need.html

PUDSEY Bear is going for gold – after bagging tennis ace Andy Murray and boxer Anthony Joshua for a sketch.

The gold medallists are captured joking around and sparring in aid of BBC’s Children in Need.

The footage will form part of a music video, set to Basement Jaxx’s Do Your Thing, featuring more than 25 of Team GB’s Olympic and Paralympic heroes including Tom Daley, Victoria Pendleton, Rebecca Adlington, Louis Smith, Ellie Simmonds and the three-day eventing team.

Thanks so much Scotnadian-I've been really looking forward to finding out what it's all about.Sounds like it's gonna be a good laugh Smile

I love seeing Andy involved in stuff like that-he's always so up for whatever's involved,and is so good humoured about everything,whether the joke's about him or somebody else.Probably won't be able to actually watch the show,so hopefully the segment will be put up online.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 274 275 276 [277] 278 279 280 ... 745 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »