Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  News Articles 0 Members and 5 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 275 276 277 [278] 279 280 281 ... 734 Go Down Reply
Author

News Articles

(Read 442916 times)
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: News Articles « Reply #4155 on: November 16, 2012, 01:26 AM »

Thanks for that Aileen.    Why the crowd behaved like that is a mystery but I think alcohol may have played a part.    Probably some mindless idiots who just went along with whoever shouted loudest i.e. Fed fans.    I think we will now have to stop talking about "home" advantage for Andy.
I've been out all day so just caught up with this.  I too thought that alcohol may have played some part in the disgraceful treatment Andy was subjected to, given that it was a Sunday evening - and Sunday being a day when boredom sets in and large sections of the population, both north and south of the border, while away their time in the local pubs for lack of anything better to do, it's very likely that many of the worst offenders, whether they were Fed fans or not, were well-oiled before the match even started.  I don't know how it works with the WTF, but if tickets are normally bought in advance then there's no way of knowing which players are going to be playing in the semis, although no doubt the Fed luvvies probably took it for granted that their hero would at least reach that stage.  It may therefore just have been very unfortunate that Andy happened to be his opponent.

Thanks so much Scotnadian-I've been really looking forward to finding out what it's all about.Sounds like it's gonna be a good laugh Smile

I love seeing Andy involved in stuff like that-he's always so up for whatever's involved,and is so good humoured about everything,whether the joke's about him or somebody else.Probably won't be able to actually watch the show,so hopefully the segment will be put up online.
Does anyone actually know at what particular point this is likely to be shown?  Much as I love Andy I don't relish grinding through several hours of CIN just to watch this particular sketch, although like you I hope somebody will record it and put it on MW.
IP Logged
*Sparkle*
Challenger Level

Re: News Articles « Reply #4156 on: November 16, 2012, 08:16 AM »

Going by the tv guide, it looks like it will be around 9:30pm, but I don't know if these things are set in stone.  It's generally best with these marathon shows to set the recorder, let it get ahead, then watch on catch-up.
IP Logged
xxdanixx
Seed

Dream big, because little dreams have little magic

Re: News Articles « Reply #4157 on: November 16, 2012, 09:14 AM »

Guys,this is just bits from a slightly longer article,which I've put the link to below-I've only put down the bits about Andy. Very Happy

Robson keen to emulate Andy Murray in more ways than one

Imitation remains the sincerest form of flattery so perhaps it should not be surprising that Andy Murray's path to the top is becoming a blueprint for success.

From his attention to detail, to his training methods, his professionalism and his sheer will to win, it seems his influence is already rubbing off.

Laura Robson, the British women's singles player who is on the verge of the world's top 50 after a breakthrough year, revealed yesterday that she is mimicking Murray's methods in a bid to make it big.

Like Murray, whose entourage is the envy of many of his rivals, the 18-year-old Robson is building a team around her, with her coach, Zeljko Krajan, and fitness trainer Dejan Vojnovic to join her at most tournaments in 2013 as she looks to move closer to the top 10.

What's more, the former Wimbledon junior champion leaves for Florida this weekend where she will complete the second half of a six-week training block.

Robson and Murray will not be training together – Robson's probably not quite ready for that yet – but they will be only a few miles apart as Robson practises at the Chris Evert Tennis Academy in Boca Raton.

Robson has spent more time with Murray than most British players, teaming up twice in the mixed team exhibition – the Hopman Cup – in preparation for the Australian Open in 2010 and 2011, and then partnering him to silver medal in mixed doubles at this summer's Olympic Games. Murray chose Robson above Heather Watson and the pair hit it off again, though Robson sympathised with her friend's disappointment at not being picked.

"I think it was totally understandable for Heather to want to play," Robson said. "I would have felt the same – and she was the No.1 ranked doubles player and singles player at the time so it was a tough decision.

"I wasn't involved in the process of making it, so I don't know why it was made. I was obviously very happy to have been picked, and it seemed to work out pretty well."

More than that, it was a performance that sparked Robson's surge towards the top. She beat Kim Clijsters and Li Na to reach the last 16 at the US Open in September before she then made her first WTA Tour final later in the same month.

"It was a lot of fun that week," said Robson, laughing off suggestions that Murray was an intimidating partner. "We were both taking it very seriously and he was getting very into it.

"It's very easy to play with someone like Andy. I think he did a lot of the work when we were on court. He's very encouraging. I always felt really bad if I missed a shot and he was like, 'no, it doesn't matter'; then as soon as he missed a shot, he was like, 'oh, I can't believe it'. He was very good to play with."

http://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/tennis/robson-keen-to-emulate-andy-murray-in-more-ways-than-one.19435436
IP Logged
Littlebuddha
Seed

Re: News Articles « Reply #4158 on: November 16, 2012, 12:48 PM »

As some of the posts on previous pages have said the O2 is not a "home" advantage for Andy with which I concur. Home matches he plays in Scotland are however just that. Andy knows he will always get a good reception when he plays Davis Cup at Braehead. I think the article in the times by Neil Harman in The Times the other day gets straight to the point I suggest you should read it what he says is very true. Perhaps Aleen if you are not too tired you might find it interesting.
IP Logged
xxdanixx
Seed

Dream big, because little dreams have little magic

Re: News Articles « Reply #4159 on: November 16, 2012, 06:24 PM »

Ivan Lendl sees himself coaching the rest of Andy Murray's career

Ivan Lendl says he sees himself coaching US Open champion Andy Murray for the rest of the Scot's career.

Murray appointed eight-time Grand Slam winner Lendl as his coach in December 2011, and has since reached the Wimbledon final and won the US Open.

"As long as it works for both of us, yes [I can see myself being with him for the rest of his career]," Lendl told BBC World Service.

The 52-year-old also revealed he intends to improve Murray's tennis.

"I have a lot of plans where I would like to see Andy end up with his game," said
Lendl, who helped the 25-year-old become Britain's first male Grand Slam singles champion in 76 years with victory in the US Open in September.

But despite Murray's success, the 52-year-old Czech-born coach says the player is only at 20% of where he wants him to be, though he refuses to set a particular target in terms of Grand Slam victories.

"I think [he can achieve] a lot more. I'm not going to say number of Grand Slams, I'm just going to say where Andy is now," he said.

"I take 'point A' - when we started working - now he's at 'point B', and when I envisage I would say he's about 20% there."

Murray has enjoyed his best year of tennis under Lendl - winning the US Open, an Olympic gold medal, an Olympic silver medal and reaching the final, semi-final and quarter-final of Wimbledon, the Australian Open and the French Open , respectively.

His Olympic gold medal came with a victory over Roger Federer at Wimbledon, just a month after losing the Wimbledon final at the same venue to the same opponent.

It sparked fresh debate over whether Murray could become the first male British singles Wimbledon winner since Fred Perry in 1936.

"I think that [if Andy's career will be judged on whether he wins Wimbledon] is an inappropriate question because I think everybody knows he can," said Lendl.

"The question is 'is he going to win Wimbledon?' and know he will give it a good crack many, many times - not just once, not just in 2013 or 2014. He has quite a few years left in him and he's going to give it a crack."

However, Lendl believes nothing is guaranteed with regards to success on home turf.

"As you know in sport, you cannot predict, you can only anticipate - both Andy and I would be disappointed if at the end of the day he does not win," said Lendl.

"But it's also a possibility that he may win more than one, and he may not win any.

"I don't know, I don't know the answer to that, but he can."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/tennis/20363282
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: News Articles « Reply #4160 on: November 17, 2012, 01:45 AM »

So Lendl reckons Andy's probably only reached 20% of his peak ... w00t   I do like the way though that Lendl always remains totally non-committal when responding to questions by the media, which is the way it should be.

Going by the tv guide, it looks like it will be around 9:30pm, but I don't know if these things are set in stone.  It's generally best with these marathon shows to set the recorder, let it get ahead, then watch on catch-up.
I must just have missed it because I didn't tune in until 9:45.  Anyway thanks for posting it on the Murray videos' thread -  http://www.murraysworld.com/forum/andy-murray/murray-videos/new/?topicseen#new  It's awesome! Very Happy
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

You (still) ain't seen nothing yet..

Re: News Articles « Reply #4161 on: November 19, 2012, 04:01 AM »

Scots tennis star Andy Murray eyes hotel where brother got married

The US Open champ is said to be interested in the 14-bedroom Cromlix House Hotel in his home town of Dunblane, Perthshire.

The four-star mansion, set in 2000 acres, has been taken off the open market, where it had been for sale at offers over £1.8million.

It is understood the family who have owned the estate for 600 years want it to go to a local bidder.

Victoria Eden, whose husband is a director of the company who own the hotel, did not deny that Murray, 25, is one of three ­interested parties.

She added: “I think it will be decided before Christmas.”

The stone mansion, which was built in 1874, was the setting for the wedding of Andy’s brother Jamie and his Colombian girlfriend Alejandra Gutierrez in 2010.

It closed its doors ­suddenly in ­February.

It is understood that Andy wants to buy the hotel as a long-term investment.

A source said: “He has a great fondness for the area and it would suit him to put something back into the ­community.”

The player’s agents XIX Entertainment declined to comment.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/scots-tennis-star-andy-murray-1442355
IP Logged
Tasmanian Devil
Challenger Level

Re: News Articles « Reply #4162 on: November 19, 2012, 12:22 PM »

I've often thought Lars was a bit of a prat to be honest

I disagree.  Lars and Mo are my two faves and I was disappointed when I heard Lars was retiring.  I've met him a couple of times and had good tennis chats with him.  The first time we met him (2010), he predicted Fed's return to #1 and this year he predicts that Muzza will be #1 after Djoko.
IP Logged
Littlebuddha
Seed

Re: News Articles « Reply #4163 on: November 19, 2012, 12:29 PM »

Maybe he is buying it so he can have his wedding there too.
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: News Articles « Reply #4164 on: November 19, 2012, 12:29 PM »

I disagree.  Lars and Mo are my two faves and I was disappointed when I heard Lars was retiring.  I've met him a couple of times and had good tennis chats with him.  The first time we met him (2010), he predicted Fed's return to #1 and this year he predicts that Muzza will be #1 after Djoko.

Ah well, I'm sure Lars is all right as a person. I just think some of his umpiring is a bit, how can I put it, inconsistent. I'll forgive him if the prediction about Andy is right lol. That's nice to know by the way.

Mo, on the other hand, is lovely. Never met him, but seriously, how could any player get annoyed with someone who smiles and laughs as much as he does? I like the way he can take the heat out of a situation just with his manner.
IP Logged
Littlebuddha
Seed

Re: News Articles « Reply #4165 on: November 19, 2012, 12:32 PM »

Leyani is a great referee fair to everyone but can be firm when required to be so. Not a lover of Lars a bit weak and never smiles. No wonder Fed likes him they suit each other.
IP Logged
Tasmanian Devil
Challenger Level

Re: News Articles « Reply #4166 on: November 19, 2012, 12:44 PM »

Not a lover of Lars...never smiles.

Isn't that the criticism that Muzza-haters use against Andy, though?  Yet we know how lovely he is off court.  I found Lars to be exactly the same.  I do agree, however, that Mo is the king.
IP Logged
Littlebuddha
Seed

Re: News Articles « Reply #4167 on: November 19, 2012, 12:51 PM »

I agree Andy is a nice guy takes time to talk to everyone especially kids. H e is a fine example for kids to follow It is a shame that all of his detractors can't see it. I think they are blind to those qualities because he does not go around grinning like the proverbial Cheshire Cat.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: News Articles « Reply #4168 on: November 19, 2012, 01:35 PM »

Scots tennis star Andy Murray eyes hotel where brother got married

The US Open champ is said to be interested in the 14-bedroom Cromlix House Hotel in his home town of Dunblane, Perthshire.

The four-star mansion, set in 2000 acres, has been taken off the open market, where it had been for sale at offers over £1.8million.

It is understood the family who have owned the estate for 600 years want it to go to a local bidder.

Victoria Eden, whose husband is a director of the company who own the hotel, did not deny that Murray, 25, is one of three ­interested parties.

She added: “I think it will be decided before Christmas.”

The stone mansion, which was built in 1874, was the setting for the wedding of Andy’s brother Jamie and his Colombian girlfriend Alejandra Gutierrez in 2010.

It closed its doors ­suddenly in ­February.

It is understood that Andy wants to buy the hotel as a long-term investment.

A source said: “He has a great fondness for the area and it would suit him to put something back into the ­community.”

The player’s agents XIX Entertainment declined to comment.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/scots-tennis-star-andy-murray-1442355
Now let's just wait for the Andy bashers to accuse him of being greedy and only interested in wealth.  The fact that it sounds an excellent idea for boosting the local economy as well as providing jobs will be totally lost on them.
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: News Articles « Reply #4169 on: November 19, 2012, 01:47 PM »

Now let's just wait for the Andy bashers to accuse him of being greedy and only interested in wealth.  The fact that it sounds an excellent idea for boosting the local economy as well as providing jobs will be totally lost on them.

Of course it, will, maybe because, as some of us have long suspected, they're all just a little bit thick.

I wonder if the story is true, but in many ways it wouldn't surprise me.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 275 276 277 [278] 279 280 281 ... 734 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »