Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  News Articles 0 Members and 3 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 278 279 280 [281] 282 283 284 ... 778 Go Down Reply
Author

News Articles

(Read 496939 times)
xxdanixx
Seed

Dream big, because little dreams have little magic

Re: News Articles « Reply #4200 on: November 23, 2012, 10:40 PM »

According to someone on twitter,Andy flew to Miami today!Training time...
IP Logged
Alis
ATP Level

Re: News Articles « Reply #4201 on: November 23, 2012, 10:45 PM »

Youtube footage of Andy's twin cousins receiving the Stirling Sportsman of the Year Award on Andy's behalf - it's quite sweet.

IP Logged
robbie
Top Seed

Your goals minus your doubts equal your reality

Re: News Articles « Reply #4202 on: November 23, 2012, 10:53 PM »

Must be true then if its on twitter...doubt a certain Lord McAlpine would concur.
IP Logged
xxdanixx
Seed

Re: News Articles « Reply #4203 on: November 23, 2012, 10:59 PM »

Must be true then if its on twitter...doubt a certain Lord McAlpine would concur.

I know-twitter=concrete source of truth 100% of the time right?Lol!

Anyway,even if whoever reckons they saw him on the plane today got it wrong,he will be going soon...and not too long after that comes an exciting, hopefully glorious,'13!Yay!
IP Logged
xxdanixx
Seed

Re: News Articles « Reply #4204 on: November 23, 2012, 11:08 PM »

Youtube footage of Andy's twin cousins receiving the Stirling Sportsman of the Year Award on Andy's behalf - it's quite sweet.

Ahh,that's so cute!Thanks Alis!
IP Logged
IonaRed
Challenger Level

Re: News Articles « Reply #4205 on: November 23, 2012, 11:11 PM »

I'm not sure if this counts as News, but Sports Illustrated are taking votes for the Inspiring Performer of 2012, and Andy's one of the nominees.  Smile

https://www.facebook.com/SportsIllustrated/app_410117992388686

I think it must have been Costa coffee at a UK airport too, as the person who spotted him there is now in Poland.

Andy is still ahead. I don't know a lot of the nominees.

I love the guy who asked where Hussain Bolt was. I would assume he's not much of a fan if he can't get his name right.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: News Articles « Reply #4206 on: November 24, 2012, 01:07 AM »

The thing is, I think there will be people who will think Lendl is contradicting himself, suggesting that Andy is only 20% of where he is capable of being, but also saying that going on some sort of run of wins won't be easy, but I don't see a contradiction. What I personally see is a coach who believes that there could very well be more, much more, to come from Andy, but at the same time it is a process, a journey, if you like. I think that's such a good message to send out, both to Andy and beyond, because it sends out confidence about Andy's ability, whilst not putting him under ridiculous amounts of pressure, or rather, no more pressure than he would put in himself.

I think we could all use a dose of Lendl-like realism. Don't get me wrong, I'd love Andy to go on a run and win every match he plays. However, I know that may not be possible. All players, whether it's Andy or Djokovic, Federer, whoever, have days when it simply doesn't work, for whatever reason.  The key, it seems to me, is how you deal with that. Andy has picked himself up after 4 major final losses and remained positive enough to put himself in a position to come through, and he did. The way I look at it is that if Andy can do that then I'm able to deal with the odd loss, even the inexplicable losses, because they are few and far between.
Good posting TJ.  Personally though I'd hate to see Andy go on a run like Djokovic did last year and end up wrecking his body before the season was over.  Anyway if he did win every tournament just think how boring it would be, although I must admit my nervous system would settle for a few less roller-coaster rides. LOL

Another Ivan interview!Doesn't say too much different to what he's already been saying,but I loved the line about him smiling inside during matches,and the way he talked about now having an understanding of what makes Andy tick made me excited for next year!
Interesting interview.  Thanks for posting.  I feel excited and optimistic about next year but part of me is still concerned that Lendl could put too much pressure on Andy, yet I'm sure that if Lendl now knows what makes him tick, he won't push him hard - well not too hard anyway!

I'd love to watch Lendl and the other golden oldies at the Albert Hall but it's probably too much to hope that it's going to be televised anywhere.

That's lovely to watch.  Thanks for posting Alis.

I expect that's probably true given that he plans to come home before Christmas and also that he's due to play exhibition matches in the Inaugural Miami Tennis Cup next weekend.

IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: News Articles « Reply #4207 on: November 24, 2012, 09:02 AM »

Aileen, do you have access to ITV4? The seniors event at the RAH is usually on there. The coverage isn't great, but it's something.
IP Logged
xxdanixx
Seed

Re: News Articles « Reply #4208 on: November 24, 2012, 01:51 PM »

Andy pictured on a flight to Miami yesterday:

IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: News Articles « Reply #4209 on: November 24, 2012, 07:56 PM »

Aw poor Andy. wub  Holiday over (I hope he and Kim had a very enjoyable one) and the hard work for next season about to begin.

Aileen, do you have access to ITV4? The seniors event at the RAH is usually on there. The coverage isn't great, but it's something.
I have TJ.  It's Freeview channel 24, so many thanks for that info. Smile   I've checked the website - http://www.statoilmasterstennis.com/ - and they're televising all the matches from Friday evening, kicking off with McEnroe vs Lendl (mouth-watering!).  I hope though it doesn't eat too much into the time Lendl will be able to spend with Andy, but I'm sure the pair will have it all worked out.

How lovely to see that Djokovic, a UNICEF Ambassador, is being honoured on the Saturday for the work of the Novak Djokovic Foundation.  I hope we get to see that too.  Like Andy he's such a caring young man.

Djokovic To Receive Centrepoint Award From HRH The Duke Of Cambridge At The Winter Whites Gala

World No.1 tennis player Novak Djokovic is to be presented with a special Centrepoint award by the charity’s patron, HRH The Duke of Cambridge, at the Winter Whites Gala in London’s Royal Albert Hall on Saturday 8th December.

The Centrepoint Great Britain Youth Inspiration Award, founded by Centrepoint Trustee Danielle Alexandra and CEO Seyi Obakin, honours those whose contribution to youth inspires young people across the world and awards their commitment to giving back and eradicating such humankind crises as poverty, health, education, hunger, and homelessness. Djokovic will receive the Premier Inaugural Award.

The Novak Djokovic Foundation raised $1.4 million for early childhood education through its inaugural fundraising dinner in New York in September and a week later he visited the “Beneath the Linden Trees” kindergarten, a UNICEF initiative in Lesnica, Serbia, to raise awareness of the importance of early childhood education. In October, Djokovic collaborated with his clothing sponsor UNIQLO to develop and launch ‘Clothes for Smiles,’ a new program that aims to give children of all ages a chance for a better future. The program has established a $10 million fund that helps nurture the dreams of children worldwide.

Djokovic said: “This is one of the biggest awards I could ever receive because it recognises the contribution of my Foundation to the lives of young people around the world, which is a big part of our work. Centrepoint is a charity which is dedicated to ending youth homelessness and it it will be an honour to receive this award from the charity’s patron, HRH The Duke of Cambridge.”

Prince William has been Centrepoint’s patron since 2005, continuing his late mother Princess Diana’s work, and proceeds from the night will be donated to Centrepoint to further its work in supporting homeless 16-25 year-olds in the UK.
IP Logged
Milly87
Futures Level

Re: News Articles « Reply #4210 on: November 25, 2012, 06:48 PM »

Brief mention of Andy arriving in Miami in today's Sun along with a photo of him pushing the cases....

http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/news/article4664213.ece

Have to say I'm somewhat annoyed that this was pushed into the 'Scotland' section of the paper and not on the main page...he lives in England & plays for GB.
IP Logged
Milly87
Futures Level

Re: News Articles « Reply #4211 on: November 25, 2012, 06:50 PM »

P.s I am *not* a Sun reader, happened to see this on twitter...honest!!
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: News Articles « Reply #4212 on: November 25, 2012, 08:00 PM »

Brief mention of Andy arriving in Miami in today's Sun along with a photo of him pushing the cases....

http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/news/article4664213.ece

Have to say I'm somewhat annoyed that this was pushed into the 'Scotland' section of the paper and not on the main page...he lives in England & plays for GB.
... but he's still Scottish by birth and his roots are Scottish, and that's something the moronic Scottish Sun is quite happy to push down everyone's throats, although I don't know what part editors play in deciding what goes where in these situations.  What does bug me though is that only the English edition of the Express, one of my two daily rags, appears online, and it's quite different from its Scottish counterpart. grr

Thanks for the pic though and I'm glad Kim's with him.  Hope that means that Maggie and Rusty are too, now that they have their pet passports.  I really don't think Andy deliberately left Kim with the luggage after the USO, just that, for whatever reason, he was whisked off by these two airline ladies who looked rather pleased with themselves whilst Andy looked decided jet-lagged.
IP Logged
Milly87
Futures Level

Re: News Articles « Reply #4213 on: November 25, 2012, 09:02 PM »

Shame there's only one photo printed with the article, bet there's more out there somewhere-maybe with Kim in them as-well!
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: News Articles « Reply #4214 on: November 25, 2012, 09:57 PM »

Hopefully somebody like John Kiernan who knows the sources might come up with something.  I couldn't even get the one of Andy copied across to MW because of copyright restrictions.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 278 279 280 [281] 282 283 284 ... 778 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »