Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  News Articles 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 279 280 281 [282] 283 284 285 ... 714 Go Down Reply
Author

News Articles

(Read 417575 times)
backhandslice
Seed

You love my shenanigans. Admit it.

Re: News Articles « Reply #4215 on: November 25, 2012, 10:00 PM »

taddddaaaa Smile

TENNIS ace Andy Murray finally bagged trolley duty — after famously leaving girlfriend Kim Sears with the luggage after his US Open glory.
Murray, 25, put his back into it at Miami airport on Friday, with Kim by his side. An onlooker said: “I think she told him she didn’t want left with the trolley again.”
We told in September how Murray was flanked by attendants at Heathrow as Kim, 24, struggled with their bags.

IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

You (still) ain't seen nothing yet..

Re: News Articles « Reply #4216 on: November 26, 2012, 05:14 PM »

http://www.thetimes.co.uk/tto/news/uk/scotland/article3611617.ece

Andy Murray gives the shirt off his back to fight ‘legal highs’

The shirt worn by Andy Murray when he won the US Open men’s singles tennis title in September is being sold for charity.

The Scot has signed the white adidas T-shirt, which he wore at the end of his momentous victory over Novak Djokovic in a sweltering New York to become Britain’s first male grand slam singles champion in 76 years. It is expected to fetch up to £8,000 at auction.

The shirt has been donated to the Angelus Foundation, which highlights the dangers of taking drugs known a legal highs.

IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Veteran

Re: News Articles « Reply #4217 on: November 26, 2012, 05:49 PM »

I expect it to fetch a little more than that!
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

You (still) ain't seen nothing yet..

Re: News Articles « Reply #4218 on: November 26, 2012, 06:53 PM »

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2012/magazine/sportsman/11/26/Andy-Murray-Charles-Barkley/

My Sportsman: Andy Murray

Sports Illustrated will announce its choice for Sportsman of the Year on Dec. 5. This year we asked a select group of people from outside the staff to offer nominations for that honor. Charles Barkley's selection was Olympic and U.S. Open champion Andy Murray, and he explains why below as told to Richard Deitsch. Please vote for your Sportsman of the Year at our Facebook page.

"..I've lived and died with Andy for the last two years of his tennis and to finally see him win a major at the U.S. Open was incredible.."
(Me too, pal yes)

Andy commented on it on his FB too: Very nice from a true legend of basketball, 'Sir' Charles Barkley, used to love watching him play...
[ Last edit by scotnadian November 26, 2012, 06:59 PM ] IP Logged
IonaRed
Challenger Level

Re: News Articles « Reply #4219 on: November 27, 2012, 01:03 AM »

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2012/magazine/sportsman/11/26/Andy-Murray-Charles-Barkley/

My Sportsman: Andy Murray

Sports Illustrated will announce its choice for Sportsman of the Year on Dec. 5. This year we asked a select group of people from outside the staff to offer nominations for that honor. Charles Barkley's selection was Olympic and U.S. Open champion Andy Murray, and he explains why below as told to Richard Deitsch. Please vote for your Sportsman of the Year at our Facebook page.

"..I've lived and died with Andy for the last two years of his tennis and to finally see him win a major at the U.S. Open was incredible.."
(Me too, pal yes)

Andy commented on it on his FB too: Very nice from a true legend of basketball, 'Sir' Charles Barkley, used to love watching him play...

Very nice words from Charles Barkley. I'm embarrassed to say I had never heard of him. How bad is that?
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: News Articles « Reply #4220 on: November 27, 2012, 07:22 AM »

This isn't exactly Andy news but it's my news of a sort.  I'm in Hong Kong for a week and was walking down the street yesterday and passed a Rado shop and there was a HUGE pic of Andy in the window.  Thought interesting given this isn't really a tennis loving society I think.  Should have taken a picture of it!
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: News Articles « Reply #4221 on: November 27, 2012, 01:21 PM »

http://www.thetimes.co.uk/tto/news/uk/scotland/article3611617.ece

Andy Murray gives the shirt off his back to fight ‘legal highs’
I expect it to fetch a little more than that!
I hope it does got for a much higher price.  It's certainly a worthy cause - http://www.angelusfoundation.com/what-we-do/
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: News Articles « Reply #4222 on: November 27, 2012, 03:25 PM »

taddddaaaa Smile

TENNIS ace Andy Murray finally bagged trolley duty — after famously leaving girlfriend Kim Sears with the luggage after his US Open glory.
Murray, 25, put his back into it at Miami airport on Friday, with Kim by his side. An onlooker said: “I think she told him she didn’t want left with the trolley again.”
We told in September how Murray was flanked by attendants at Heathrow as Kim, 24, struggled with their bags.

Geez, such dramatization. Not sure why Kim would take this so personally. It was a big moment for Andy and perhaps half the times, he probably wasn’t thinking clearly. What happened to unconditional love? I don’t think Judy would have made a big deal out of it and would have been perfectly happy for Andy. Now, that's unconditional love.
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: News Articles « Reply #4223 on: November 27, 2012, 03:30 PM »

Geez, such dramatization. Not sure why Kim would take this so personally. It was a big moment for Andy and perhaps half the times, he probably wasn’t thinking clearly. What happened to unconditional love? I don’t think Judy would have made a big deal out of it and would have been perfectly happy for Andy. Now, that's unconditional love.

I very much doubt Kim did take it personally. I think the press are just being silly about it. I thought at the time that the press were just stirring and I still think that.
IP Logged
xxdanixx
Seed

Dream big, because little dreams have little magic

Re: News Articles « Reply #4224 on: November 27, 2012, 03:32 PM »

EJ,when I read this article,to be honest I thought it was kind of silly.We've seen no pictures of Kim taken that day,and only one of Andy-we really have no idea whether she said anything to him about being left with the trolley-this time or on the return home from the USO,only what an unidentified onlooker guessed she said!

I really doubt it was a big deal to them who got the bags-certainly I remember seeing a few videos from the morning of the arrival after the USO,and in at least one of them Kim seemed to be gesturing to him to go around,that she'd meet him at the car.To my mind it would've made sense that they may even have planned it that way,for Kim to get the stuff and Andy to deal with the reporters-they had to know they'd be waiting for them on arrival.But that'd be too boring for headlines-far better to say Andy left poor Kim laden down with bags!
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: News Articles « Reply #4225 on: November 27, 2012, 03:33 PM »

I very much doubt Kim did take it personally. I think the press are just being silly about it. I thought at the time that the press were just stirring and I still think that.

That is also entirely possible. The papers are notorious for it - though Kim did look kind of unhappy and a bit pissed at the airport. lolol
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: News Articles « Reply #4226 on: November 27, 2012, 03:36 PM »

EJ,when I read this article,to be honest I thought it was kind of silly.We've seen no pictures of Kim taken that day,and only one of Andy-we really have no idea whether she said anything to him about being left with the trolley-this time or on the return home from the USO,only what an unidentified onlooker guessed she said!

I really doubt it was a big deal to them who got the bags-certainly I remember seeing a few videos from the morning of the arrival after the USO,and in at least one of them Kim seemed to be gesturing to him to go around,that she'd meet him at the car.To my mind it would've made sense that they may even have planned it that way,for Kim to get the stuff and Andy to deal with the reporters-they had to know they'd be waiting for them on arrival.But that'd be too boring for headlines-far better to say Andy left poor Kim laden down with bags!

I saw some pictures of Kim with the luggage and she wasn't at all smiling at all. I thought she'd be euphoric at Andy's achievement. Andy, on the other hand, looked completely dazed and extremely happy. Anyway, it doesn’t matter. Kim was probably too tired by then.
[ Last edit by Emma Jean November 27, 2012, 03:45 PM ] IP Logged
xxdanixx
Seed

Re: News Articles « Reply #4227 on: November 27, 2012, 03:39 PM »

I saw some pictures Kim with the luggage and she wasn't at all smiling at all. I thought she'd be euphoric at Andy's achievement. Andy, on the other hand, looked completely dazed and extremely happy. Anyway, it doesn’t matter. Kim was probably too tired by then.

Oh no,sorry-I meant we hadn't seen any pictures of her taken on their arrival in Miami!

I did see the arrival from the US pics,and to be honest I thought she looked completely shattered tired,as did  Andy!Although I did see one,taken before they walked  out to face the press,where they were chatting away and she had a big smile on her face-she may just not have been in the mood to smile for cameras shouting her name!(I know I wouldn't be,anyway)
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: News Articles « Reply #4228 on: November 27, 2012, 03:47 PM »

Oh no,sorry-I meant we hadn't seen any pictures of her taken on their arrival in Miami!

I did see the arrival from the US pics,and to be honest I thought she looked completely shattered tired,as did  Andy!Although I did see one,taken before they walked  out to face the press,where they were chatting away and she had a big smile on her face-she may just not have been in the mood to smile for cameras shouting her name!(I know I wouldn't be,anyway)

To be perfectly honest with you, Kim would have preferred if Andy had held her hand and walked side by side then to leave her behind with the luggage. I don’t feel she was particularly happy with that kind of arrangement. And perhaps Andy should have done that too, but I don’t think he was thinking clearly at the moment. If I am not too wrong, I'd say Kim likes attention but then again most women do.
IP Logged
xxdanixx
Seed

Re: News Articles « Reply #4229 on: November 27, 2012, 03:54 PM »

To be perfectly honest with you, Kim would have preferred if Andy had held her hand and walked side by side then to leave her behind with the luggage. I don’t feel she was particularly happy with that kind of arrangement. And perhaps Andy should have done that too, but I don’t think he was thinking clearly at the moment. If I am not too wrong, I'd say Kim likes attention but then again most women do.

Well,like I said before,it looked more to me like they'd arranged for Kim to grab the bags and Andy to deal with the reporters than anything else,but I wasn't there,so I can't say anything for definite!Certainly that'd seem the most sensible way to do things in my eyes,but maybe that's just me.Do you mean attention from Andy or the press?Cos it's never seemed to me like she's too fond of the press attention tbh.I can't see Andy wanting to be with anyone who overly fond of press attention,he's just not that kind of guy!
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 279 280 281 [282] 283 284 285 ... 714 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »