Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
Andy Murray vs Novak Djokovic, Friday, Time - 6:30pm GMT - Discuss the match
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  News Articles 1 Member and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 280 281 282 [283] 284 285 286 ... 758 Go Down Reply
Author

News Articles

(Read 477731 times)
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: News Articles « Reply #4230 on: November 27, 2012, 04:21 PM »

Well,like I said before,it looked more to me like they'd arranged for Kim to grab the bags and Andy to deal with the reporters than anything else,but I wasn't there,so I can't say anything for definite!Certainly that'd seem the most sensible way to do things in my eyes,but maybe that's just me.Do you mean attention from Andy or the press?Cos it's never seemed to me like she's too fond of the press attention tbh.I can't see Andy wanting to be with anyone who overly fond of press attention,he's just not that kind of guy!

I don't think Kim is the kind of girl who is overly fond of press attention but she's also a woman. Women, in general, tend to seek a lot of attention from their boyfriends/husbands etc. a great deal. Based on my observation of her solely, I’d say that Kim is not beyond that and she definitely likes to dress up for the press and attention. Nothing wrong with that since she’s, after all, out there a lot in public and also, girlfriend of Andy Murray who’s a very big name nowadays. Mirka, for instance, strikes me as the opposite even though her husband is pretty big in the tennis world.  Mirka is actually quite the opposite of Federer too come to think of it.
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: News Articles « Reply #4231 on: November 27, 2012, 04:23 PM »

To be perfectly honest with you, Kim would have preferred if Andy had held her hand and walked side by side then to leave her behind with the luggage. I don’t feel she was particularly happy with that kind of arrangement. And perhaps Andy should have done that too, but I don’t think he was thinking clearly at the moment. If I am not too wrong, I'd say Kim likes attention but then again most women do.

With respect EJ, how do you know what Kim would have preferred? On the rare times the press have got anything out of her she has always said that it is Andy's tennis that is important, not her, which suggests that she is happy to stay in the background and support him like that. I get the feeling that if that meant pushing a bit of luggage for a few minutes that would be fine by her.

I always thought she just looked tired in the pics when they got back from New York. They were probably both jet-lagged, and no one smiles all the time.
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: News Articles « Reply #4232 on: November 27, 2012, 04:31 PM »

With respect EJ, how do you know what Kim would have preferred? On the rare times the press have got anything out of her she has always said that it is Andy's tennis that is important, not her, which suggests that she is happy to stay in the background and support him like that. I get the feeling that if that meant pushing a bit of luggage for a few minutes that would be fine by her.

I always thought she just looked tired in the pics when they got back from New York. They were probably both jet-lagged, and no one smiles all the time.

That's true. I cannot possibly guess this on her behalf since I am not her, but is it not also true that you are making the same mistake as I, when you say she would prefer to stay behind on that occasion just based on your own suggestion? I mean how does any one of us know what was she thinking in that precise moment? Or what would have been her true choice for that matter?

Let me ask you this in any case, if you were given two choices - one, Andy would hold your hand and walk side by side at the airport or two, you would be behind with the luggage, which one would you choose?

(btw, I am not very serious about this so just going with the flow)
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: News Articles « Reply #4233 on: November 27, 2012, 04:55 PM »

I take your point EJ, and to answer your question, the luggage would win every time, especially if I was jet-lagged.
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: News Articles « Reply #4234 on: November 27, 2012, 05:11 PM »

I would take the luggage myself since I don't at all enjoy being in front of the camera. I especially hate attention. That’s why I like being on forums because there’s nothing physical about it. We are just exchanging opinions. lol
IP Logged
*Sparkle*
Challenger Level

Re: News Articles « Reply #4235 on: November 27, 2012, 07:08 PM »

Speaking as a woman myself, I'd take the luggage every time.  I think only a needy woman would want to be seen holding hands with their boyfriend in circumstances like that and Kim has always struck me as someone who has a bit of self-respect, so would be more than comfortable to let Andy get on with his press duties without her.

Besides, I was under the impression they had one trolley each, and someone had temporarily taken Andy's so he could do a bit of posing for the cameras, while Kim kept her distance.  No way was that all of their bags.  She might dress up when she goes to Wimbledon or a night out, but I don't see how that equates to meaning she can't last a couple of minutes a few metres apart from her boyfriend after she's sat next to him on a transatlantic flight.  I find that notion bizarre and a little insulting.
IP Logged
robbie
Top Seed

Your goals minus your doubts equal your reality

Re: News Articles « Reply #4236 on: November 27, 2012, 07:37 PM »

Well done Ladies....knowing your duty in life bodes you both well. yes
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: News Articles « Reply #4237 on: November 27, 2012, 07:42 PM »

Who says holding hands show lack of self respect? My ex-boyfriend would always want to hold my hand. I always thought it was very sweet. When I see two people holding hands, I find it very warm and sweet. Neediness has entirely different definition.

It takes a lot more to actually know a person.
IP Logged
*Sparkle*
Challenger Level

Re: News Articles « Reply #4238 on: November 27, 2012, 07:55 PM »

Holding hands doesn't show a lack of self-respect.  However, you suggested that Kim looks like the sort of woman who wants attention, and in this case you said it was to be seen holding hands with her boyfriend.  If you need to be seen holding hands with your boyfriend, then you can't be very secure in your relationship, or if you need to be seen holding hands with your boyfriend while he's being showered with praise for his achievements is something you do if you want to bask in someone else's glory.

There's nothing wrong with a woman in the 21st century pushing a luggage trolley.  Kim is fit and able, and is her own person.  She doesn't need to bask in Andy's glory all of the time.

I've nothing against hand-holding.  I'm rather fond of it myself, but only because you want to hold that person's hand, and not just because someone is watching.  I grew out of that around the age of 16.  I'd pick holding hands during the flight, not while negotiating the airport with a whole load of bags and the press watching.  It wasn't a romantic walk along a beach.  They were trying to negotiate their way through an airport on their way home.

I'm not sure why you are saying "It takes a lot more to actually know a person", when you were the one making bold claims about Kim being unhappy "because she's a woman".   It's not the 19th century.  Women don't need to live vicariously through their men any more. 
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: News Articles « Reply #4239 on: November 27, 2012, 08:30 PM »

Holding hands doesn't show a lack of self-respect.  However, you suggested that Kim looks like the sort of woman who wants attention, and in this case you said it was to be seen holding hands with her boyfriend.  If you need to be seen holding hands with your boyfriend, then you can't be very secure in your relationship, or if you need to be seen holding hands with your boyfriend while he's being showered with praise for his achievements is something you do if you want to bask in someone else's glory.

There's nothing wrong with a woman in the 21st century pushing a luggage trolley.  Kim is fit and able, and is her own person.  She doesn't need to bask in Andy's glory all of the time.

I've nothing against hand-holding.  I'm rather fond of it myself, but only because you want to hold that person's hand, and not just because someone is watching.  I grew out of that around the age of 16.  I'd pick holding hands during the flight, not while negotiating the airport with a whole load of bags and the press watching.  It wasn't a romantic walk along a beach.  They were trying to negotiate their way through an airport on their way home.

I'm not sure why you are saying "It takes a lot more to actually know a person", when you were the one making bold claims about Kim being unhappy "because she's a woman".   It's not the 19th century.  Women don't need to live vicariously through their men any more.  

I am going to stand by my comment and say that Kim does love slight attention. She’s not over the top about it but she definitely loves it - judging by all the pictures I've seen so far. It’s my generalization that most women love it.

As to holding hands, this was a specific moment for both in fact so if Kim had wished to be seen with Andy, I wouldn’t have seen anything wrong with it. It wasn’t just another journey. It wasn’t just another ride. This time the airport journey was special. Anyway, she did look a bit quiet when she was seen with the luggage at the airport – could have been just tired or could have been something else I don’t know. I know what I saw in that picture.

To be honest, you are speaking way too much on behalf of Kim and assuming a lot of things. As I’ve mentioned before, none of us really know how Kim felt at that time.  

I am a very independent woman myself. I live alone, travel alone, carry my own luggage, make my own money etc., so I am sure I know what century I am from.  

Anyway, as I’ve also told teejay that I am not very serious about all this. Frankly, I don’t even care about Kim all that much. Andy’s girlfriend could have been anybody and in this case, it happens to be Kim.
IP Logged
*Sparkle*
Challenger Level

Re: News Articles « Reply #4240 on: November 27, 2012, 09:02 PM »

I won't say any more, because this departure from the topic is getting tedious, but you have got a cheek to criticise anyone else for "speaking way too much on behalf of Kim", when that's exactly what you did.  The only reason I commented was because you were being so critical in the first place - so if you aren't serious about it, why wade in with something so inflammatory in the first place?

Do you think Kim would thank you for making out that she is too simpering to stick up for herself?  Do you think she'd thank you for making out that her boyfriend isn't considerate enough towards her?

But as you don't care about Kim, and apparently aren't very serious anyway, and don't approve of people speaking on behalf of Kim, perhaps it's best not to scrutinise photos of her to second guess what she's thinking, then going onto public message boards, using your unfounded suppositions and generalisations to criticise her and/or Andy.  You admit you don't know how Kim felt at the time, so why claim something bad?  Why not give her and Andy the benefit of the doubt?
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: News Articles « Reply #4241 on: November 27, 2012, 09:07 PM »

I won't say any more, because this departure from the topic is getting tedious, but you have got a cheek to criticise anyone else for "speaking way too much on behalf of Kim", when that's exactly what you did.  The only reason I commented was because you were being so critical in the first place - so if you aren't serious about it, why wade in with something so inflammatory in the first place?

Do you think Kim would thank you for making out that she is too simpering to stick up for herself?  Do you think she'd thank you for making out that her boyfriend isn't considerate enough towards her?

But as you don't care about Kim, and apparently aren't very serious anyway, and don't approve of people speaking on behalf of Kim, perhaps it's best not to scrutinise photos of her to second guess what she's thinking, then going onto public message boards, using your unfounded suppositions and generalisations to criticise her and/or Andy.  You admit you don't know how Kim felt at the time, so why claim something bad?  Why not give her and Andy the benefit of the doubt?

You have absolutely taken this to a hysterical level. You are also awfully defensive about Kim. I would rather make my assumptions based on the pictures I see than base it on someone else's comments if it's not first hand.

I am going to leave at that.
IP Logged
robbie
Top Seed

Your goals minus your doubts equal your reality

Re: News Articles « Reply #4242 on: November 27, 2012, 09:13 PM »

roflmao
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: News Articles « Reply #4243 on: November 27, 2012, 09:28 PM »

I was actually supporting Kim in all this and at the same time, wasn't blaming Andy for anything either. Saying that women love attention is nothing earth shattering but rather the truth perhaps doesn’t apply to all women however.

Sampras had 3 different girlfriends in his career. At some point we got used to the change and stopped caring about it as much. Agassi dated quite a few girls too. Obviously, in the end, it’s the player you truly care about.  No one I think ever followed what either Kimberly Williams did afterwards or Brook Shield. Who knows where Andy will stand with Kim once his career is over. I hope they make it if they are meant for each other.
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

You (still) ain't seen nothing yet..

Re: News Articles « Reply #4244 on: November 27, 2012, 09:39 PM »

I especially hate attention.
Post of the year. roflmao
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 280 281 282 [283] 284 285 286 ... 758 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »