Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  News Articles 0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 299 300 301 [302] 303 304 305 ... 640 Go Down Reply
Author Topic: News Articles  (Read 355647 times)
robbie
Top Seed

Re: News Articles « Reply #4515 on: December 24, 2012, 04:50 PM »

^^^I suspect foul play myself ..........ok..ok...it's an oldie but I just can't help myself. Shrug
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: News Articles « Reply #4516 on: December 24, 2012, 05:06 PM »

I look forward to more of these gems in 2013. Rolling Eyes

Meanwhile best wishes for Christmas and the New Year. hug
IP Logged
robbie
Top Seed

Re: News Articles « Reply #4517 on: December 24, 2012, 05:22 PM »

Rest assured Aileen, I'm exclusive to Murraysworld .....Best wishes for Christmas and New Year as well. hug
IP Logged
Fiverings
ATP Level

Andy Murray - Tennis Legend

Re: News Articles « Reply #4518 on: December 24, 2012, 05:32 PM »

^^^I suspect foul play myself ..........ok..ok...it's an oldie but I just can't help myself. Shrug
A bit of a Christmas canard there Robbie
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: News Articles « Reply #4519 on: December 24, 2012, 05:42 PM »

^ He's certainly not a spring chicken.
IP Logged
Fiverings
ATP Level

Re: News Articles « Reply #4520 on: December 24, 2012, 05:47 PM »

^ He's certainly not a spring chicken.
  Or an old goose.....
IP Logged
robbie
Top Seed

Re: News Articles « Reply #4521 on: December 24, 2012, 05:55 PM »

A bit of a Christmas canard there Robbie
Canard believe you said that.
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

You (still) ain't seen nothing yet..

Re: News Articles « Reply #4522 on: December 24, 2012, 05:57 PM »

Andy: "We poured about a litre of gravy on it and that made it a little bit better."

Works for me every time. yes
IP Logged
Fiverings
ATP Level

Re: News Articles « Reply #4523 on: December 24, 2012, 06:59 PM »

Canard believe you said that.
   I'm a pheasant plucker, me.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: News Articles « Reply #4524 on: December 24, 2012, 07:06 PM »

I'm a pheasant plucker, me.
So quite a feather in your cap, then?
IP Logged
Fiverings
ATP Level

Re: News Articles « Reply #4525 on: December 24, 2012, 07:12 PM »

So quite a feather in your cap, then?
Certainly not something to grouse about, Aileen.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: News Articles « Reply #4526 on: December 24, 2012, 08:06 PM »

Maybe we should open a thread for puns. lol  (Only joking!!)
IP Logged
u2jcc
Junior

Re: News Articles « Reply #4527 on: December 25, 2012, 10:14 PM »

An article on BBC Sports today...

Andy Murray: Mother Judy predicts more success in 2013

Murray enjoyed his best year in tennis, winning Olympic gold before lifting his maiden Grand Slam title at the US Open, and was runner-up at Wimbledon.
"It's been a significant year for him," Judy Murray told the BBC.
"It's given him a lot of confidence. He's worked even harder than before to go after another Slam in Australia."
The 25-year-old joined forces with eight-time major winner Lendl 12 months ago and the partnership has been a huge success, as Murray threatens to reach the top of the world rankings.
"He's been a crucial factor in Andy's improvement and success this year," said Judy.
"The wonderful thing about Ivan is that he's very similar in character to Andy, not least they have the same awful sense of humour! But seriously, he's very driven, very dedicated and he absolutely has his eyes on the prize.
"He knows what you have to go after and he knows that you have to be very single minded about going after it.
"He's got a real sense of direction, a real toughness and he's really helped Andy with the mental side of the game, about being able to reset if you suffer a disappointment, a bad call or a run of bad games. That's allowed him to play his best tennis for much longer periods of time."
Murray, from Dunblane, recently finished third in the BBC's Sports Personality of the Year award and has been in Miami for his annual pre-season training camp, but will take a short break before flying east.
"He's come home for Christmas for a couple of days for the first time in about four years. He leaves on Christmas night to go to Abu Dhabi to play in an exhibition event and then on to Brisbane for the warm-up tournament before the Australian Open," his mother explained.
And Judy, who captains Great Britain's Fed Cup team, feels there is a crop of young Scottish players ready to step onto the world stage.
Maia Lumsden, a 14-year-old from Glasgow, beat fellow Briton Gaby Taylor, from Hampshire, in the final of the Orange Bowl event, considered one of the most prestigious in the world junior game.
The Fed Cup skipper added: "Anna Brogan is the best girl in Britain in the 1997 age group. Maia is the best born in 1998. For 1999 there's Anastasia Mikheeva who's the number two in Britain. And born in 2000, there's Ali Collins from Dunblane who's the British number one under 12.
"There's a bright future ahead for British girls' tennis if we can get the next stage of the players' development right."
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: News Articles « Reply #4528 on: December 25, 2012, 11:07 PM »

Thanks for posting u2jcc.  Certainly very encouraging about Andy.  Nice to hear about the future of British girls' tennis, but I'd be happier if we could hear more about the boys.  Women's tennis in Britain is doing not too badly, but the men still have a way to go.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: News Articles « Reply #4529 on: December 26, 2012, 03:30 PM »

Andy Murray: Relaxed & no longer 'obsessed' with Grand Slams [Sport 360, 26 Dec]

World No3 Andy Murray wants to be more consistent in the tournaments outside the Grand Slams and admits that will be his main focus this year rather than remain “obsessed” with winning Majors.

The 25-year-old Scot won his maiden Grand Slam title at the US Open last September and explained that while his immediate goal is to try and win the Australian Open next month, he plans on preparing well for the smaller tournaments throughout the year – something he says he somewhat lacked in recent years.

Speaking ahead of his opening match in Abu Dhabi, when asked what his goals for the new season will be, Murray said: “It’s something we spoke at length in December about what I wanted to try and achieve this year and my focus is short-term.

“Three, four years ago I was always quite consistent in tournaments, normally getting to the quarter-finals, semi-finals stages in events, the last couple of years I’ve been very consistent in the Slams, but in the other tournaments I’ve struggled for consistency.

“I think because I was almost starting to become obsessed with the Grand Slams that as soon as one was over I was looking four, five months ahead to the next one and not necessarily paying enough attention to the rest of the Tour which does help because you gain confidence from winning matches so I think that’s something that I definitely look to improve.”

Murray spent his off season training in Miami with his coach Ivan Lendl and the rest of his team and the reigning Olympic champion admits he was worried that he might be low on motivation after achieving one of his biggest goals, which was winning a Grand Slam.

Fortunately, for the Scot, that was far from the case when he took to the practice courts earlier this month and that he's relishing the preparation more than ever.

“I thought maybe after I’d won a Slam, it may have the other effect on me, because it took me so long to do it, I had so many tough losses, have come close a lot of times that maybe when I’ve done it, I might have lost a bit of drive," said Murray.

“But that wasn’t really the case. I was actually enjoying practising more, going to the gym more because I felt that I was finally being rewarded for putting that work in. It became more enjoyable after that. I trained really hard in the off season in December and hope that I can keep improving.”

Murray, however, admits that he is still unsure on how becoming a Grand Slam champion will affect his nerves when he heads to the Australian Open in January.

“In my mind I feel more relaxed and I felt very relieved after I won the US Open, so I think from my side I will hopefully be taking some pressure off myself and will be able to play a little bit more relaxed I hope,” says the Dunblane-native.

“But again I haven’t competed in a Grand Slam since the US Open and I don’t know exactly how I’ll feel going into the Australian Open playing my first round match there, I don’t know. It’ll be a new feeling for me and I’ll just have to see how I deal with it.”

http://www.sport360.com/article/andy-murray-relaxed-no-longer-obsessed-grand-slams
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 299 300 301 [302] 303 304 305 ... 640 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »