Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?

MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  News Articles 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 300 301 302 [303] 304 305 306 ... 755 Go Down Reply
Author

News Articles

(Read 469970 times)
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: News Articles « Reply #4530 on: December 26, 2012, 04:14 PM »

Maybe we should open a thread for puns. lol  (Only joking!!)
spare us the punishment Aileen (and Robbie)!  w00t
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: News Articles « Reply #4531 on: December 26, 2012, 05:15 PM »

Nice one Ruthie. lol  My mother always used to say that those who makes puns should be punished!
IP Logged
Fiverings
ATP Level

Andy Murray - Tennis Legend

Re: News Articles « Reply #4532 on: December 26, 2012, 06:45 PM »

Nice one Ruthie. lol  My mother always used to say that those who makes puns should be punished!
  A clever woman - why haven't I heard that before? Will definitely use it myself sometime!
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: News Articles « Reply #4533 on: December 26, 2012, 06:53 PM »

A clever woman - why haven't I heard that before? Will definitely use it myself sometime!
Ha-ha ... I said it to Robbie once, and he was not amused! Very Happy
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: News Articles « Reply #4534 on: December 27, 2012, 11:28 AM »

I notice Robbie has gone silent    w00t
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: News Articles « Reply #4535 on: December 27, 2012, 03:48 PM »

I notice Robbie has gone silent    w00t
During the AD match he wasn't!  A bit disappointed but not surprised Andy lost, given he only arrived in AD yesterday, so undoubtedly jet-lagged.  I'm glad though that this loss will give him more time to acclimatise in Brisbane, where he'll be even more jet-lagged.
IP Logged
Milly87
Futures Level

Re: News Articles « Reply #4536 on: December 27, 2012, 08:55 PM »

http://www.sport360.com/article/below-par-murray-knocked-out-abu-dhabi-event?theme=mobile_garland

Article on Andy 's exho match from today. Not much if a Tipsy fan but like what he had to say about today's match, this bit in particular:

"He won a Grand Slam, he won Olympic gold, so he has a lot of confidence behind him from 2012. Beating him here in an exhibition match gives me small confidence for my next tournaments.” 
IP Logged
Milly87
Futures Level

Re: News Articles « Reply #4537 on: December 27, 2012, 09:03 PM »

RT @ReemAbulleil: @Rellimj Murray is playing an exo with Emirati players on Saturday. But the main tournament is over for him and Berdych

According to this Andy won't be leaving AD straight for Oz just yet. Shame, the earlier he gets there, the better.
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

You (still) ain't seen nothing yet..

Re: News Articles « Reply #4538 on: December 27, 2012, 09:26 PM »

ATP And Emirates Announce New Global Partnership

The ATP and Emirates announced today a new global partnership in which Emirates will become the Official Airline of the ATP World Tour, as well as the new title sponsor of the ATP Rankings, as of 1 January 2013.

As part of the five-year agreement, Emirates becomes an Official Platinum Partner of the ATP World Tour, as well as the season-ending Barclays ATP World Tour Finals, through 2017. Benefiting from global promotional rights together with an on-site presence at tournaments throughout the season, the partnership will enable Emirates to engage with viewers across a number of different mainstream and digital platforms.

“We’re delighted to welcome Emirates as the Official Airline of the ATP World Tour. It’s fantastic news for men's professional tennis that a brand of Emirates' global stature has pledged their support to the ATP World Tour for the next five years,” said Brad Drewett, ATP Executive Chairman and President. “This long-term commitment from Emirates is a testament to the world-class entertainment that is enjoyed by millions of fans across the world on the ATP World Tour."

“This tie up with the ATP World Tour and Rankings is a perfect addition to our existing portfolio of global sports sponsorships. It will allow us to share in the sporting passions of our customers and bring them closer to the players,” said Sir Maurice Flanagan, Executive Vice Chairman of Emirates Airline and Group. “We see it as a natural extension of our current presence at high profile tennis events including sponsorship of several ATP World Tour Masters 1000 events, the Emirates Airline US Open Series and being an official partner of the US Open. Through our global network and carefully selected sports sponsorships, Emirates successfully unites and engages fans and we look forward to working with the ATP to maximise on the consumer experiential and digital media opportunities this sponsorship presents to us.”

With a heavy focus on activation around the ATP Rankings, Emirates will also become the presenting sponsor of the ATP World Tour No. 1 trophy ceremonies and the ATP Newcomer of the Year award, presented annually at the Barclays ATP World Tour Finals.

In addition to global marketing activation, Emirates will be integrated into programming on ATPWorldTour.com and ATP World Tour Uncovered presented by Rio, the Tour’s weekly magazine-style television show broadcast in more than 150 countries worldwide.

http://www.atpworldtour.com/News/Tennis/2013/01/Features/Emirates-ATP-Announcement.aspx
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: News Articles « Reply #4539 on: December 27, 2012, 11:35 PM »

^ Very interesting.  Thanks Linda.  I assume that this spells the demise of South African Airways ATP Rankings.  Also it looks as though Barclays have been shoved to one side a little.  I wonder what impact, if any, it'll have on my beloved tennisTV though since it's the ATP's official livestream.
IP Logged
backhandslice
Seed

You love my shenanigans. Admit it.

Re: News Articles « Reply #4540 on: December 28, 2012, 06:20 PM »

love this   Smile  http://www.sport360.com/article/murray-eyes-nadal-federer-rivalry-djokovic?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter
IP Logged
xxdanixx
Seed

Dream big, because little dreams have little magic

Re: News Articles « Reply #4541 on: December 29, 2012, 12:11 AM »

Andy's been awarded an OBE Smile

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/andy-murray-and-katherine-grainger-among-1508819
IP Logged
Coldmarek
Top Seed

Andy Murray is better than you.

Re: News Articles « Reply #4542 on: December 29, 2012, 12:13 AM »

Andy's been awarded an OBE Smile

http://www.teamgb.com/news/olympic-heroes-honoured
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: News Articles « Reply #4543 on: December 29, 2012, 12:23 AM »

Thanks John.  So long as the rivalry remains friendly, I don't mind.  I don't think Fed and Nadal were ever really friends despite the show they tried to put on for public consumption.  To me there was always an unpleasant edge to their matches.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: News Articles « Reply #4544 on: December 29, 2012, 12:39 AM »

yay  That's what Tim Henman got at the end of his career, and also it ranks higher than an MBE but below a CBE.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 300 301 302 [303] 304 305 306 ... 755 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »