Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
Andy Murray vs Jurgen Melzer, Wednesday, Time TBA - Discuss the match
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  News Articles 0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 301 302 303 [304] 305 306 307 ... 754 Go Down Reply
Author

News Articles

(Read 463304 times)
Coldmarek
Top Seed

Andy Murray is better than you.

Re: News Articles « Reply #4545 on: December 29, 2012, 12:47 AM »

yay  That's what Tim Henman got at the end of his career, and also it ranks higher than an MBE but below a CBE.

As much as happy this makes me,I believe if he had won the Wimbledon,he is getting a knighthood for sure.
IP Logged
Sabine
Veteran

^_^

Re: News Articles « Reply #4546 on: December 29, 2012, 09:49 AM »

http://www.atpworldtour.com/News/Tennis/2013/01/Features/Murray-Primed-For-Melbourne.aspx
IP Logged
Fiverings
ATP Level

Andy Murray - Tennis Legend

Re: News Articles « Reply #4547 on: December 29, 2012, 10:19 AM »

As much as happy this makes me,I believe if he had won the Wimbledon,he is getting a knighthood for sure.
  I've said this before - its great to be recognised in this way, but the real honour is in the medals and trophies themselves - something most recipients of  Establishment Honours don't have, however worthy some of them undoubtedly are. Somehow Sir Andy Murray doesn't sound right.
IP Logged
Littlebuddha
Seed

Re: News Articles « Reply #4548 on: December 29, 2012, 01:12 PM »

I agree Fiverings I am afraid Sir Andrew Murray does not ring true. I will settle for plain Andy Murray who's fighting spirit is what drives him on. I hope he reaches those great hight's in 2013.
IP Logged
backhandslice
Seed

You love my shenanigans. Admit it.

Re: News Articles « Reply #4549 on: December 29, 2012, 02:09 PM »

Can't believe Tim Henman  got an  OBE ?!   what did he ever do ?   lol.     
IP Logged
Iluvandy
Seed

Re: News Articles « Reply #4550 on: December 29, 2012, 02:15 PM »

I agree Fiverings I am afraid Sir Andrew Murray does not ring true. I will settle for plain Andy Murray who's fighting spirit is what drives him on. I hope he reaches those great hight's in 2013.
  I've said this before - its great to be recognised in this way, but the real honour is in the medals and trophies themselves - something most recipients of  Establishment Honours don't have, however worthy some of them undoubtedly are. Somehow Sir Andy Murray doesn't sound right.

Glad to find I'm not the only one on MW to prefer Andy to Sir Andy.   
IP Logged
matchpoint
Futures Level

Re: News Articles « Reply #4551 on: December 29, 2012, 03:03 PM »

So he's lost today playing a doubles tie-break at the exho: http://gulfnews.com/sport/tennis/young-emiratis-play-doubles-with-murray-berdych-1.1125300

Oh well, hope he can now hot-foot it over to Brisbane.
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: News Articles « Reply #4552 on: December 29, 2012, 03:04 PM »

I'm chuffed about Andy's O.B.E. The news brightened an awful day for me yesterday. I had an awful day with the mother (father and a few other relatives!) of all migraines, so to hear this was brilliant.

I feel sure Andy will be offered a knighthood at the end of his career, irrespective of whether he wins Wimbledon or not, although I'm convinced he will win it. In a way I would have been more surprised if Andy had been offered a knighthood now, because there is a sense that there is more to come from him.

I'm wondering what they will do about Andy picking up his honour. It will be hard for him to squeeze in a visit to the palace during the year, what with being away so much. Looking forward to seeing him in a suit though.
IP Logged
backhandslice
Seed

You love my shenanigans. Admit it.

Re: News Articles « Reply #4553 on: December 29, 2012, 03:09 PM »

The honours list is so messed up.  So many people not being recognised
[ Last edit by johnkiernan35 December 30, 2012, 07:04 PM ] IP Logged
Iluvandy
Seed

Re: News Articles « Reply #4554 on: December 29, 2012, 03:44 PM »

I'm chuffed about Andy's O.B.E. The news brightened an awful day for me yesterday. I had an awful day with the mother (father and a few other relatives!) of all migraines, so to hear this was brilliant.

I feel sure Andy will be offered a knighthood at the end of his career, irrespective of whether he wins Wimbledon or not, although I'm convinced he will win it. In a way I would have been more surprised if Andy had been offered a knighthood now, because there is a sense that there is more to come from him.

I'm wondering what they will do about Andy picking up his honour. It will be hard for him to squeeze in a visit to the palace during the year, what with being away so much. Looking forward to seeing him in a suit though.

Or the kilt TJ!!!.     He looks fantastic in the kilt.
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: News Articles « Reply #4555 on: December 29, 2012, 04:11 PM »

http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/2012/dec/28/2012-sporting-year-andy-murray
Interesting short piece in Guardian in a review of the sporting year.
Two things stood out for me:
'My life has been a bit of a rollercoastr...and I hope it stays that way for the rest of my career'.  So it's official he enjoys the rollercoaster ride and I guess we just have to resign ourselves to doing so too. Doesn't sound like it's going to stop!
'I know now that winning is more motivational than losing'.  This could be as important a psychological shift as his new self-confidence.  It's known that he is someone who has hated losing more than he loves winning, which is a rather negative motivational force.  So I'm hoping this will also shine out in his game in future.
IP Logged
Littlebuddha
Seed

Re: News Articles « Reply #4556 on: December 29, 2012, 04:24 PM »

I agree he looks wonderful in a kilt our national dress. His mum may have to go to pick op his honour .
IP Logged
xxdanixx
Seed

Dream big, because little dreams have little magic

Re: News Articles « Reply #4557 on: December 29, 2012, 06:14 PM »

Great piece,thanks Ruthie!
IP Logged
xxdanixx
Seed

Dream big, because little dreams have little magic

Re: News Articles « Reply #4558 on: December 29, 2012, 06:14 PM »

Oh,and for anybody interested,this isn't exactly a news piece,but it does have to do with Andy-earlier on,Kev Mitchell tweeted this:

"Post ‪@andy_murray‬ trial, drawing up fantasy list of NY resolutions: do a chin-up, stay on swiss-ball, run a mile in soft sand without dying."

Made me chuckle! Very Happy
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: News Articles « Reply #4559 on: December 30, 2012, 12:32 AM »

Can't believe Tim Henman  got an  OBE ?!   what did he ever do ?   lol.     
Carried the flag for British tennis for a decade, first Brit in decades to really challenge at the top of the game.

Possibly other things off court as well; not sure how involved he was with charity work and the likes.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 301 302 303 [304] 305 306 307 ... 754 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »