Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  News Articles 2 Members and 11 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 303 304 305 [306] 307 308 309 ... 773 Go Down Reply
Author

News Articles

(Read 492736 times)
matchpoint
Futures Level

Re: News Articles « Reply #4575 on: December 31, 2012, 09:33 AM »

Couldn't picture it as investment as just a luxury hotel.
Like others above I think there must be a sporting basis - a Tennis coaches centre; or somehow linked to the Murrays' hopes to open an Academy in the area. I love the link with Dunblane and the local community.
[If the rumours are true] It's interesting to speculate...
IP Logged
flowerpower
Challenger Level

Let your racket do the talking

Re: News Articles « Reply #4576 on: December 31, 2012, 09:40 AM »

Andy about ; How to wear a kilt

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/156080-andy-murray-promises-to-wear-kilt
IP Logged
Sabine
Veteran

^_^

Re: News Articles « Reply #4577 on: December 31, 2012, 01:51 PM »

^ Love the comment of Rafa lol
IP Logged
Fiverings
ATP Level

Andy Murray - Tennis Legend

Re: News Articles « Reply #4578 on: December 31, 2012, 05:39 PM »

This is an old April Fool item, right?
IP Logged
janetx
Challenger Level

Re: News Articles « Reply #4579 on: December 31, 2012, 10:55 PM »

Looks like Andy has bought the hotel in Dunblane! I was thinking it might be where he hopes to live some day in the future? With Kim and kiddies perchance? Wink

http://www.thecourier.co.uk/news/local/perth-kinross/tennis-star-andy-murray-snaps-up-former-luxury-hotel-in-dunblane-1.63010

[ Last edit by janetx December 31, 2012, 10:59 PM ] IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: News Articles « Reply #4580 on: December 31, 2012, 11:37 PM »

Aye, Linda.. he did.  And he wore it well. yes

Very handsome indeed. yes

That story about the hotel is virtually ALL speculation.  They must have some reason to think the sale has gone through, and Andy's trip home at the time when papers needed to be signed lends some weight to that, but it appears to be based on the local rumour mill.  This article from The Scotsman is a little more measured and admits they have no firm information.

http://www.scotsman.com/news/scottish-news/top-stories/has-tennis-ace-andy-murray-netted-1-8m-14-bedroom-dunblane-hotel-1-2712616

In the heart of golf country, not just Gleneagles, I can see that being the sort of customer it would be appealing to, but I recall talk a while ago that the place needs quite a bit of investment.  I just hope that if Andy is the new owner, he finds someone else to make the big decisions.
It's inevitable that the people of Dunblane are going to speculate that it's Andy, and I've always been suspicious of unnamed sources, but there again I've noticed that, when the people most likely to know whether a rumour is true or not are said to be "unavailable for comment", then about 95% of the time that means that there is at least some truth in it.

According to the Sunday Times UK Rich List, as of April 2012 Andy had a net worth of £24 millions, so he's probably worth a lot more now, especially after his USO win.  Also he's said himself that he's only interested in investing in property, but he's no fool and will have taken plenty of advice on this, so I reckon that if he has bought it, or is in process of doing so, then I'm satisfied that he knows what he's doing and will ensure that the right person or persons are brought in to manage things for him. 
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

Give me your JMac, Henman, Cash & 2 balls.

Re: News Articles « Reply #4581 on: January 01, 2013, 05:36 AM »

Call me a romantic fool.. but if I were Andy, I would buy it because of my history.

I'd be happy to support the place of my upbringing, regardless of any investment probabilities.

Wouldn't you?

IP Logged
blueberryhill
World No 1

Re: News Articles « Reply #4582 on: January 01, 2013, 08:06 AM »

Looks a bit gloomy and Gothic to me...but having spent the last few days crawling around my loft checking buckets under leaks, I'm rapidly going off "older" houses.
I want a Scandinavian "ready to assemble  eco house" for my next Christmas, Santa.  Whistle
[ Last edit by blueberryhill January 01, 2013, 12:07 PM ] IP Logged
*Sparkle*
Challenger Level

Re: News Articles « Reply #4583 on: January 01, 2013, 10:00 AM »

It's inevitable that the people of Dunblane are going to speculate that it's Andy, and I've always been suspicious of unnamed sources, but there again I've noticed that, when the people most likely to know whether a rumour is true or not are said to be "unavailable for comment", then about 95% of the time that means that there is at least some truth in it.
I agree.  There has been plenty of opportunity to say that it's not true by now, even with the holidays. thumb up

Although when I said the article was almost all speculation, I wasn't just meaning whether or not he'd bought it, I was thinking of how they managed to pad out the feature with what he might do with it.

The detail from The Scotsman that there is an application for a licence suggests the intention is to return it to hotel use.  It doesn't seem to be the right sort of place, or quite accessible enough for any serious tennis centre, but I could see a couple of tennis courts being attractive, and some investment to make it appeal more to golf tourists (driving range, putting practice area) might be viable.  It seems as if the previous owners struggled to make it work, so I suppose some changes are likely.
[ Last edit by *Sparkle* January 01, 2013, 10:05 AM ] IP Logged
lashurst
World No 1

I'm crazy about Murray

Re: News Articles « Reply #4584 on: January 01, 2013, 12:09 PM »

I tell you what, if Andy owns that hotel in Dunblane it's bound to be a success. Think of all the tourists and tennis fans it would attract.

I mean, we could organise a Andy/Murrays World Convention there, but they wouldnt have enough rooms in that little place!
IP Logged
u2jcc
Junior

Re: News Articles « Reply #4585 on: January 01, 2013, 01:11 PM »

Article on Andy at news.com.au

http://www.news.com.au/sport/tennis/andy-murray-tells-sam-stosur-to-lock-out-the-world-and-focus/story-fndkzym4-1226546305667
IP Logged
Grabcopy
Veteran

I know I'm paranoid. But am I paranoid enough?

Re: News Articles « Reply #4586 on: January 01, 2013, 01:57 PM »

It doesn't seem to be the right sort of place, or quite accessible enough for any serious tennis centre,

I was just saying to my wife that if I had the money, I'd put it into an indoor tennis academy in Scotland. Can't think of a better investment right now.
IP Logged
Littlebuddha
Seed

Re: News Articles « Reply #4587 on: January 01, 2013, 02:35 PM »

Well Nigel Andy did visit Broxburn I think in West Lothian to look at the prospect of such a Tennis Centre. It is between Edinburgh and Glasgow and has good transport links with buses and trains. Have not heard anything further since Andy visited. That would be great because people from Edinburgh and Glasgow could reach it easily and there are some New Towns in that area.
IP Logged
Sabine
Veteran

^_^

Re: News Articles « Reply #4588 on: January 01, 2013, 04:56 PM »

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/tennis/andymurray/9774161/Andy-Murray-I-dont-deserve-a-knighthood-yet.html
IP Logged
Grabcopy
Veteran

I know I'm paranoid. But am I paranoid enough?

Re: News Articles « Reply #4589 on: January 02, 2013, 12:23 AM »

Some idiot suggesting the bleedin' obvious on the Bleacher Report:

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1464863-novak-djokovic-and-andy-murray-will-they-clean-up-in-2013
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 303 304 305 [306] 307 308 309 ... 773 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »