Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
Andy Murray vs David Ferrer, Saturday, Time: 2pm BST - Discuss the match
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  News Articles 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 305 306 307 [308] 309 310 311 ... 755 Go Down Reply
Author

News Articles

(Read 468780 times)
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: News Articles « Reply #4605 on: January 03, 2013, 03:01 PM »

Yeah.. that James MacD guy tends to write a right load of cobblers. Whistle

I thought writing cobblers was a prerequisite for B/R.
IP Logged
lashurst
World No 1

I'm crazy about Murray

Re: News Articles « Reply #4606 on: January 03, 2013, 06:24 PM »

Yeah, Linda.
There are some diabolical writers at BR. wink
Ohhh I see now, you were having a subtle go at our Nigel eh?
You little devil you!  w00t
IP Logged
janetx
Challenger Level

Re: News Articles « Reply #4607 on: January 03, 2013, 06:35 PM »

I particularly like the way he casually dismisses Federer as too old, then moves on without any further mention of the man.

Trying to get his goat? Errr... Think
IP Logged
*Sparkle*
Challenger Level

Re: News Articles « Reply #4608 on: January 03, 2013, 06:42 PM »

Murray to appear on BBC Superstars -

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/othersports/article-2256570/Andy-Murray-David-Beckham-wanted-new-series-Superstars.html#ixzz2GvMAuABj
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

I watched some of the Xmas programme, and was thinking Andy would have done well - and enjoyed trying some other sports. Would love to have seen him doing the 100meters against Mo Farah!

I too watched this and spent a lot of it thinking Andy would be brilliant, but it just wasn't feasible for him due to scheduling and risk of injury.  With the reported move abroad it became a bit more likely, but having it in the Summer around Wimbledon time and it was a non-starter IMO.

Simon Cambers, who is a journalist for ATP and WTA events seems to have it confirmed as not true.

https://twitter.com/scambers73/status/286878301681774592

I imagine it's one of those things where someone in the PR department for the show wants to drum up a bit of interest amongst the public as well as potential participants, so decided to start a rumour about a big name star to attract attention, and maybe even hope that it would come true.
IP Logged
Elena
Seed

Re: News Articles « Reply #4609 on: January 03, 2013, 09:14 PM »

^^ Oh well, thanks for that Sparkle. So for once the title was more accurate than the actual article!
IP Logged
flowerpower
Challenger Level

Let your racket do the talking

Re: News Articles « Reply #4610 on: January 04, 2013, 03:02 PM »

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1465138-can-andy-murray-beat-roger-federer-when-it-counts
IP Logged
Milly87
Futures Level

Re: News Articles « Reply #4611 on: January 04, 2013, 11:24 PM »

The Independent | Swearing at the Australian Open? I don’t give a s***, says Murray - http://aggbot.com/Sport-News/184/article/18670042

Such a misleading headline!!! Anyone who reads the article will know Andy said he knows he shouldn't swear but he's making no promises but how many are going to read just the headline and think he literally said 'I don't give a s***' about swearing on court??

I know papers have to exaggerate to sell but they pull some real stunts!
IP Logged
Sabine
Veteran

^_^

Re: News Articles « Reply #4612 on: January 05, 2013, 07:48 AM »

Love the headline Wink
IP Logged
silver lining
Futures Level

Re: News Articles « Reply #4613 on: January 05, 2013, 08:01 AM »

The Independent | Swearing at the Australian Open? I don’t give a s***, says Murray - http://aggbot.com/Sport-News/184/article/18670042

Such a misleading headline!!! Anyone who reads the article will know Andy said he knows he shouldn't swear but he's making no promises but how many are going to read just the headline and think he literally said 'I don't give a s***' about swearing on court??

I know papers have to exaggerate to sell but they pull some real stunts!

Well tbh, he shouldn't give a s***. Everyone does it and if people can't handle it, they can just stop watching his matches. I never really understood why it's such a big deal. Let the guy swear!
IP Logged
backhandslice
Seed

You love my shenanigans. Admit it.

Re: News Articles « Reply #4614 on: January 05, 2013, 10:06 AM »

Murray wants the time violation adjusted to 30 seconds.  I agree
IP Logged
Milly87
Futures Level

Re: News Articles « Reply #4615 on: January 05, 2013, 10:38 AM »

Well tbh, he shouldn't give a s***. Everyone does it and if people can't handle it, they can just stop watching his matches. I never really understood why it's such a big deal. Let the guy swear!

I agree, he only does so in high pressure situations so within that context it doesn't bother me at all plus he made a valid point about others escaping criticism because their swears are in another language. But I do think the headline portrays that Andy is like 'whatever' when he actually fully acknowledged that it's a negative thing.
IP Logged
Milly87
Futures Level

Re: News Articles « Reply #4616 on: January 05, 2013, 10:39 AM »

Agreed, would also like to see more discretion in how it's applied..shouldn't get a time violation if they're changing racquet coz a string broke etc.
IP Logged
Sabine
Veteran

^_^

Re: News Articles « Reply #4617 on: January 05, 2013, 03:58 PM »

yes. 25 seconds is too less...no use of keeping a rule like that cuz everyone will exceed it.
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: News Articles « Reply #4618 on: January 05, 2013, 05:34 PM »

The one thing Andy did say about the 25 seconds rule is that he doesn't think extended rallies should be taken into consideration. He believes players should be fit enough to deal with that. I thought that was an interesting point, especially when you look at how long the rallies can be when Andy is playing someone like Djokovic.

I'd like to see them do away with the idea of having 25 seconds for regular tournaments, and if memory serves, it's 20 in the majors. I think the time allowed between points should be the same across the board, that way there would be no confusion and no argument.

In general I'm pleased that the rules are going to be applied more strictly, to all players. That said, it does need to be done in a way that is sensible. Warning someone for having to change a racquet due to a broken string seems ridiculous to me.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: News Articles « Reply #4619 on: January 05, 2013, 10:18 PM »

I tell you what, if Andy owns that hotel in Dunblane it's bound to be a success. Think of all the tourists and tennis fans it would attract.

I mean, we could organise a Andy/Murrays World Convention there, but they wouldnt have enough rooms in that little place!
Just catching up with this thread.  We could always go in small groups ... Whistle  It wouldn't surprise me though if the purchaser is Andy because the previous owners said they would prefer to see it being bought by somebody in the local area, but it does seem from that photo that it needs an awful lot of work done on it in order to make it attractive to overseas visitors in particular, otherwise they might as well just go to nearby Gleneagles.  Small can be beautiful, though.

I was just saying to my wife that if I had the money, I'd put it into an indoor tennis academy in Scotland. Can't think of a better investment right now.
Well Nigel Andy did visit Broxburn I think in West Lothian to look at the prospect of such a Tennis Centre. It is between Edinburgh and Glasgow and has good transport links with buses and trains. Have not heard anything further since Andy visited. That would be great because people from Edinburgh and Glasgow could reach it easily and there are some New Towns in that area.
http://www.heraldscotland.com/news/home-news/andy-murray-in-cash-pledge-for-scots-tennis-centre.1347955488

Wherever it is, and the venue seems to change, it's probably held up by massive amounts of planning  permission red tape.

[ Last edit by Aileen January 05, 2013, 10:29 PM ] IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 305 306 307 [308] 309 310 311 ... 755 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »