Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
Andy Murray vs David Ferrer, Saturday, Time: 2pm BST - Discuss the match
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  News Articles 0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 306 307 308 [309] 310 311 312 ... 755 Go Down Reply
Author

News Articles

(Read 469214 times)
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: News Articles « Reply #4620 on: January 05, 2013, 10:22 PM »

I was just saying to my wife that if I had the money, I'd put it into an indoor tennis academy in Scotland. Can't think of a better investment right now.
Well Nigel Andy did visit Broxburn I think in West Lothian to look at the prospect of such a Tennis Centre. It is between Edinburgh and Glasgow and has good transport links with buses and trains. Have not heard anything further since Andy visited. That would be great because people from Edinburgh and Glasgow could reach it easily and there are some New Towns in that area.
http://www.heraldscotland.com/news/home-news/andy-murray-in-cash-pledge-for-scots-tennis-centre.1347955488

Wherever it is, and the venue seems to change, it's probably held up by massive amounts of planning  permission red tape.  I understand though that the site at Cramond mentioned in the Herald article is ear-marked for houses, no doubt the luxury variety, given the area.
IP Logged
The Gnome
ATP Level

Re: News Articles « Reply #4621 on: January 05, 2013, 11:58 PM »

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/tennis/article-2257753/Roger-Federer-Rafael-Nadal-history-Andy-Murray-Novak-Djokovic-over.html

I don;t think andy needs this kind of hype
IP Logged
Elly
Murraymaniac

The mind doubts, but the heart never does.

Re: News Articles « Reply #4622 on: January 06, 2013, 12:04 AM »

No - I agree.  However, I don't think this year's Andy will be bothering his arse about the media hype.  He proved a lot to himself last year, and that's what he'll take away and build on.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: News Articles « Reply #4623 on: January 06, 2013, 12:15 AM »

Thankfully he says he never reads or listens to the stuff in the media.

I don't think this year's Andy will be bothering his arse about the media hype.  He proved a lot to himself last year, and that's what he'll take away and build on.
I agree.  He knows now what he's capable of.  He doesn't need anyone else to remind him, apart, that is, from Lendl.
IP Logged
The Gnome
ATP Level

Re: News Articles « Reply #4624 on: January 06, 2013, 12:18 AM »

The thing about that is, he links to newspaper articles on his FB page quite frequently. Hopefully it's his management team doing it Smile
IP Logged
Elly
Murraymaniac

The mind doubts, but the heart never does.

Re: News Articles « Reply #4625 on: January 06, 2013, 12:25 AM »

The thing about that is, he links to newspaper articles on his FB page quite frequently. Hopefully it's his management team doing it Smile
I hope so, as well.  The media are never going to help his cause on a personal level.  If he can shut them out and concentrate on what he wants to achieve - all the better! yes
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: News Articles « Reply #4626 on: January 06, 2013, 12:43 AM »

I'm pretty sure it's not actually him that controls that account, although they seem to try and make out it is. He's occasionally referred to in 3rd person.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: News Articles « Reply #4627 on: January 06, 2013, 01:00 AM »

I hope so, as well.  The media are never going to help his cause on a personal level.  If he can shut them out and concentrate on what he wants to achieve - all the better! yes
He has said that he keeps himself in a bubble as much as possible as it's the only way he can cope with unnecessary external distractions and focus on his tennis - advice I see he's recently given to Sam Stosur who's plagued by the Aussie media and who has never performed well in her home country, no doubt as a result.  It's pathetic really the way the media harass the very players they really would prefer to succeed.

IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: News Articles « Reply #4628 on: January 06, 2013, 07:44 AM »

Having just read this I don't think this is hype.  It acknowledges Fed can't be counted out just yet but so many people have been saying that it's the Andy-Nole rivalry which will dominate tennis right now (including here on MW).  That said I quite agree it's better for Andy not to read all the media stuff - whether it's positive or negative. 
IP Logged
Milly87
Futures Level

Re: News Articles « Reply #4629 on: January 06, 2013, 12:35 PM »

Guys I don't know if this is the right place to mention this but Ross Hutchins tweeted about having a serious illness, it was him Andy dedicated his win to this morning. Absolutely gutted to hear this news but like Andy said he will pull through. Frown
IP Logged
lashurst
World No 1

I'm crazy about Murray

Re: News Articles « Reply #4630 on: January 06, 2013, 01:14 PM »

Stuff that sells newspapers, that's all that is. He's sticking his neck out there! But it would be nice Wink
IP Logged
flowerpower
Challenger Level

Let your racket do the talking

Re: News Articles « Reply #4631 on: January 07, 2013, 12:29 PM »

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/tennis/andy-murrays-sick-friend-ross-hutchins-reveals-shock-cancer-diagnosis-8440326.html
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: News Articles « Reply #4632 on: January 07, 2013, 12:44 PM »

Having just read this I don't think this is hype.  It acknowledges Fed can't be counted out just yet but so many people have been saying that it's the Andy-Nole rivalry which will dominate tennis right now (including here on MW).  That said I quite agree it's better for Andy not to read all the media stuff - whether it's positive or negative. 

I think Andy has learned to let hype go over his head.

That said, I would agree Ruthie, I don't think it is hype. For the Mail, the article is pretty balanced, not ruling Federer out, but acknowledging the fact that he will be 32 this year, and wondering what position Nadal will be in when he comes back, which is fair comment. Given what has gone on over the last year or so, it is clear that Andy and Novak could very well find themselves pretty much sharing the driving seat this year, and that is basically all the article is saying. I'd much rather them say that than suggest Andy hasn't got a hope in hell and that the USO win was a fluke, because let's be honest, the Mail is sometimes bonkers enough to go there.

The thing I find hilarious about the article is the sheer number of Fed/Nadal fans who are up in arms over it, as it is some kind of personal affront to their heroes. If I was nasty I could take some enjoyment out of the panic of Nadal's fans suggesting that he is going to come back stronger than ever, as if he has never been away (after all the time he he has been out? Yes, right, call him Clark Kent) but I'm not nasty. However, I can't resist having a bit of a snigger at the Fed fans who have yet to get over the Olympics. They really are comedy gold.
IP Logged
u2jcc
Junior

Re: News Articles « Reply #4633 on: January 07, 2013, 06:12 PM »

http://www.news.com.au/sport/tennis/andy-murray-is-in-career-best-form-heading-into-the-australian-open-according-to-mother-judy/story-fndkzym4-1226549029892
IP Logged
lashurst
World No 1

I'm crazy about Murray

Re: News Articles « Reply #4634 on: January 07, 2013, 07:55 PM »

No, it's true. I don't know how some of them are even allowed to write, considering the hoops you have to jump through just to be selected for B/R. It's a load of over-rated nonsense, anyway. It's just sensationalist stuff.
I see you've been contributing to Bleachers Reports Nigel. Will you be doing so on a regular basis, if so I'll watch out for your articles? goodjob
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 306 307 308 [309] 310 311 312 ... 755 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »