Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  News Articles 0 Members and 6 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 307 308 309 [310] 311 312 313 ... 713 Go Down Reply
Author

News Articles

(Read 414486 times)
Connor
Grand Slam Champion

The great British player will be back!

Re: News Articles « Reply #4635 on: January 07, 2013, 08:19 PM »

It's good to see Murray actually contemplating a career path when he leaves tennis, with the purchasing of the hotel and the fact it is quite a big place, Andy can do an awful lot with it. Perhaps make it a hotel and expand it as part of a self invested company where then hotels can be built in all country scenery. It would be nice to see what he does.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: News Articles « Reply #4636 on: January 07, 2013, 10:00 PM »

I see you've been contributing to Bleachers Reports Nigel. Will you be doing so on a regular basis, if so I'll watch out for your articles? goodjob
He has?  I thought only numpties contributed to the BR?  wink

It's good to see Murray actually contemplating a career path when he leaves tennis, with the purchasing of the hotel and the fact it is quite a big place, Andy can do an awful lot with it. Perhaps make it a hotel and expand it as part of a self invested company where then hotels can be built in all country scenery. It would be nice to see what he does.
Yes - but do you know for definite that Andy has purchased Cromlix House?  If it is true, then it must be quite a coincidence(?) that Djokovic has also entered the catering business.

IP Logged
Elena
Seed

Re: News Articles « Reply #4637 on: January 08, 2013, 11:36 AM »

He has?  I thought only numpties contributed to the BR?  wink

Yes - but do you know for definite that Andy has purchased Cromlix House?  If it is true, then it must be quite a coincidence(?) that Djokovic has also entered the catering business.

Wasn't there one of those "ask Andy" things (last year I think), where fans sent in questions and someone asked what he would have done if he hadn't been a tennis player, and he said he might have gone into property, but probably wouldn't have been very good at it? Or have I made that up?!
IP Logged
xxdanixx
Seed

Dream big, because little dreams have little magic

Re: News Articles « Reply #4638 on: January 08, 2013, 01:14 PM »

Wasn't there one of those "ask Andy" things (last year I think), where fans sent in questions and someone asked what he would have done if he hadn't been a tennis player, and he said he might have gone into property, but probably wouldn't have been very good at it? Or have I made that up?!

No,you're right,I seem to remember that too!
IP Logged
Elena
Seed

Re: News Articles « Reply #4639 on: January 08, 2013, 01:25 PM »

No,you're right,I seem to remember that too!
Thanks dani!

I was surprised to see this in the Guardian yesterday.

"...Declining to identify Hutchins by name, Murray said, "I'd like to dedicate this victory to one of my best friends. Thank you very much. He's back home watching and … you're going to get through."

Hutchins, 27, who has played Davis Cup with Murray and is rated 28 in the world in doubles, added: "I am doing well, very positive with excellent medical support, friends and family around me. Looking forward to being back on the court soon!" Last year Murray repeatedly raised his arms to the skies after matches in recognition of the private health problems of another unidentified friend."

Andy made it very clear he wasn't going to reveal the meaning of this gesture, and I'm really surprised if he has done. No reason why he should.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/2013/jan/06/andy-murray-australian-open-brisbane?INTCMP=ILCNETTXT3487
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: News Articles « Reply #4640 on: January 08, 2013, 02:30 PM »

Thanks dani!

"...Declining to identify Hutchins by name, Murray said, "I'd like to dedicate this victory to one of my best friends. Thank you very much. He's back home watching and … you're going to get through."

Hutchins, 27, who has played Davis Cup with Murray and is rated 28 in the world in doubles, added: "I am doing well, very positive with excellent medical support, friends and family around me. Looking forward to being back on the court soon!" Last year Murray repeatedly raised his arms to the skies after matches in recognition of the private health problems of another unidentified friend."

Andy made it very clear he wasn't going to reveal the meaning of this gesture, and I'm really surprised if he has done. No reason why he should.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/2013/jan/06/andy-murray-australian-open-brisbane?INTCMP=ILCNETTXT3487

I'm not sure, to be honest, that this one is one of Kevin Mitchell's best articles. He writes that Andy went out in the first round of Doha. Doha? Kevin dear, Andy didn't play Doha! That's why I'm taking the apparent revelation of the finger gesture with a large pinch of salt. I think Kevin is confused. Still in off season mode methinks.
IP Logged
Clydey
Murraymaniac

Re: News Articles « Reply #4641 on: January 08, 2013, 03:00 PM »

Yeah.. that James MacD guy tends to write a right load of cobblers. Whistle

I don't know. I think he compares favourably to Hemingway.
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: News Articles « Reply #4642 on: January 08, 2013, 03:48 PM »

Thanks dani!

I was surprised by this too and decided to discount it - as tj points out not one of his best articles. 
IP Logged
blueberryhill
Veteran

Re: News Articles « Reply #4643 on: January 08, 2013, 04:50 PM »

Also, don't think Andy knew about Ross until quite recently.
IP Logged
The Gnome
ATP Level

Re: News Articles « Reply #4644 on: January 08, 2013, 04:55 PM »

Posting this snippet from an article from the Telegraph today.

“The difference in how guys hit a ball is not that huge, but it’s about how you deal with the pressure moments and who can hold their nerve. When you get towards the end of sets, some guys make more mistakes than others.”

"For an example of that last point, you had only to watch the way Murray dismantled the extravagantly talented Bulgarian Grigor Dimitrov in the final of the Brisbane International. Like a crocodile lurking in a water hole, Murray observed the charismatic Dimitrov without blinking. Then, at the business end of each set, he pounced decisively."

I think that is a point the match thread overlooked somewhat, how Andy is now in comparison to the other top 3 players where even if he is not playing great, he has built up his mental strength just as much as he has built up his physical strength, even more enlightning when you factor what must have been going through his mind regarding his closest friend.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/tennis/australianopen/9786114/Andy-Murray-says-breakthrough-wins-at-US-Open-and-London-2012-Olympics-make-him-only-more-motivated.html
IP Logged
Iluvandy
Seed

Re: News Articles « Reply #4645 on: January 08, 2013, 05:16 PM »

Posting this snippet from an article from the Telegraph today.

“The difference in how guys hit a ball is not that huge, but it’s about how you deal with the pressure moments and who can hold their nerve. When you get towards the end of sets, some guys make more mistakes than others.”

"For an example of that last point, you had only to watch the way Murray dismantled the extravagantly talented Bulgarian Grigor Dimitrov in the final of the Brisbane International. Like a crocodile lurking in a water hole, Murray observed the charismatic Dimitrov without blinking. Then, at the business end of each set, he pounced decisively."

I think that is a point the match thread overlooked somewhat, how Andy is now in comparison to the other top 3 players where even if he is not playing great, he has built up his mental strength just as much as he has built up his physical strength, even more enlightning when you factor what must have been going through his mind regarding his closest friend.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/tennis/australianopen/9786114/Andy-Murray-says-breakthrough-wins-at-US-Open-and-London-2012-Olympics-make-him-only-more-motivated.html

I think he has taken on board a lot from Mr. Lendl - not just an improved forehand - but a bit of a killer instinct.    No one better to learn from.    Wasn't overlooked by everyone = something similar was mentioned in quite a few posts.
IP Logged
angiebabez
Veteran

Andy Murray Wimbledon Champion 2013

Re: News Articles « Reply #4646 on: January 08, 2013, 05:40 PM »

just been reading this article on Andy's Facebook iluvandy. Really good piece :-)
IP Logged
u2jcc
Junior

Re: News Articles « Reply #4647 on: January 08, 2013, 08:21 PM »

http://www.news.com.au/sport/tennis/ivan-lendl-prepares-andy-murray-for-next-step-at-australian-open/story-fndkzym4-1226549616630
IP Logged
angiebabez
Veteran

Andy Murray Wimbledon Champion 2013

Re: News Articles « Reply #4648 on: January 08, 2013, 08:33 PM »

Interesting article u2jcc
IP Logged
u2jcc
Junior

Re: News Articles « Reply #4649 on: January 08, 2013, 08:56 PM »

Interesting article u2jcc

It is indeed. Gives you an idea also of how these two work together... their personalities just match, don't you think? Often misunderstood by most but they just get each other.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 307 308 309 [310] 311 312 313 ... 713 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »