Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
Andy Murray vs Novak Djokovic, Friday, Time - 6:30pm GMT - Discuss the match
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  News Articles 1 Member and 3 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 309 310 311 [312] 313 314 315 ... 758 Go Down Reply
Author

News Articles

(Read 477565 times)
angiebabez
Veteran

Andy Murray Wimbledon Champion 2013

Re: News Articles « Reply #4665 on: January 10, 2013, 11:31 AM »

Anyway hasnt andy been pointing two fingers to the sky now for a few years? No one will probably ever know what it means but i still got a sneaky suspicion that its something to do with the dunblane tragedy.
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: News Articles « Reply #4666 on: January 10, 2013, 12:09 PM »

no only last year angie.  I think it started in one of the slams last year but forget which now
IP Logged
xxdanixx
Seed

Dream big, because little dreams have little magic

Re: News Articles « Reply #4667 on: January 10, 2013, 12:14 PM »

Thanks Matchpoint and Dani for the articles, which are pretty emotional reading for anybody I'd have thought, even if you don't know the people.

No problem at all!

Glad to know i wasn't the only one who got very emotional reading it.Ross sounds like his attitude to it is probably the best it could be in his situation,and that can be really important when facing the process he's facing.It's lovely to know he's got so much support from so many people (as well as our Andy!).So hope he makes a full recovery.
IP Logged
xxdanixx
Seed

Dream big, because little dreams have little magic

Re: News Articles « Reply #4668 on: January 10, 2013, 12:22 PM »

no only last year angie.  I think it started in one of the slams last year but forget which now

I could be wrong,but I definitely don't remember it at last year's AO.In my head it started around Wimbledon-can anyone remember for sure?
IP Logged
Iluvandy
Seed

Re: News Articles « Reply #4669 on: January 10, 2013, 12:25 PM »

I could be wrong,but I definitely don't remember it at last year's AO.In my head it started around Wimbledon-can anyone remember for sure?

I would have thought Wimbledon but I can't say for sure.    Did it not start with one finger at the end of his first match which the comms interpreted as one down - on to the next.
IP Logged
Littlebuddha
Seed

Re: News Articles « Reply #4670 on: January 10, 2013, 12:26 PM »

A true friend is what Andy is. They are few, and people we know we can always rely on. I know he will be in  Andy's thoughts and I hope Ross will get well it may take some time but I am sure he will get there.
IP Logged
angiebabez
Veteran

Andy Murray Wimbledon Champion 2013

Re: News Articles « Reply #4671 on: January 10, 2013, 12:42 PM »

no only last year angie.  I think it started in one of the slams last year but forget which now

Ooh right, i thought he been doing it longer  confused sorry my mistake
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: News Articles « Reply #4672 on: January 10, 2013, 12:58 PM »

Ross Hutchins: Andy's been so supportive

Ross Hutchins, who has been diagnosed with cancer, tells Paul Newman about the 'brilliant' support he's had from best mate Murray and the wider tennis world

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/people/profiles/ross-hutchins-andys-been-so-supportive-8445099.html

Like everyone else, I found this incredibly moving too. Apart from Andy's support, how typical of Ross to not quite be able to get his head around all the support he has received from so many people. Ross, like Andy, comes across as a decent, lovely man, and I am so glad that he can feel how much people are behind him. I hope it helps him in the days and weeks ahead, some of which will undoubtedly be tough.

In many ways it doesn't surprise me to learn that Andy has tried to find out as much as he can about what is happening with Ross. I think it will help in two ways. Firstly, and most important, it will help Andy be as supportive as possible to Ross. Secondly, I tend to think that if you can understand something better you feel that bit more in control. I'm sure it doesn't take the worry away, unfortunately nothing does that, but I do think finding out, researching, gives you a sense that you are doing something to help that is practical.

It's fantastic, and so positive that Ross is also talking about coming back to the game and good that Colin is being supportive.

If Ross is given the all clear around Wimbledon time, and then Andy goes on to win, it will be fabulous. I'd certainly raise a glass, or three, to that. In the meantime I really do wish Ross all the very best.

IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Re: News Articles « Reply #4673 on: January 10, 2013, 01:02 PM »

I think it was Wimbledon too, but I'm not sure if that is because that was when the media started talking about it or if Andy only started doing it at that point.

I have to be honest, I don't really care when it started as long as it continues to work, rather like me with this damned Chariots of Fire thing lol. Honestly, I've listened to it twice this week and Andy hasn't struck a ball at the AO yet lol.
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: News Articles « Reply #4674 on: January 10, 2013, 01:13 PM »

I have a hunch it was wimbledon also. 
And very much agree with what you say about Andy's research tj.  It's a way of trying to get in control of things and perhaps he feels a practical way he can be of support. 
IP Logged
blueberryhill
World No 1

Re: News Articles « Reply #4675 on: January 10, 2013, 01:25 PM »

Thought it started with Olympics win?
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

You (still) ain't seen nothing yet..

Re: News Articles « Reply #4676 on: January 10, 2013, 02:14 PM »

It was Olympics.

IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

Re: News Articles « Reply #4677 on: January 10, 2013, 02:21 PM »

But it was before he won the gold medal.

IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Re: News Articles « Reply #4678 on: January 10, 2013, 02:31 PM »

But it was before he won the gold medal.

But he did it at Wimbledon, certainly when he beat Davydenko, and definitely when he beat Tsonga.
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

Re: News Articles « Reply #4679 on: January 10, 2013, 02:35 PM »

OMG I'm a right ditz this morning. Putting Olympics before Wimbles. Maybe because his win was so huge in my mind.
You are absolutely right, TeeJay. yes

IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 309 310 311 [312] 313 314 315 ... 758 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »