Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  News Articles 0 Members and 3 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 313 314 315 [316] 317 318 319 ... 713 Go Down Reply
Author

News Articles

(Read 415018 times)
Eddster
Satellite Level

Re: News Articles « Reply #4725 on: January 12, 2013, 06:05 PM »

Cheers Milly87 Smile
IP Logged
Milly87
Futures Level

Re: News Articles « Reply #4726 on: January 12, 2013, 06:27 PM »

Cheers Milly87 Smile

You're welcome!
IP Logged
u2jcc
Junior

Re: News Articles « Reply #4727 on: January 12, 2013, 07:40 PM »

There's a video too and Andy's from 01:01 to 01:32

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/tennis/australianopen/9797550/Australian-Open-2013-Top-seeds-look-forward-to-playing-in-Melbourne.html
IP Logged
*Sparkle*
Challenger Level

Re: News Articles « Reply #4728 on: January 13, 2013, 09:00 AM »

This isn't an actual news piece,but it IS Andy news-apparently when Jamie Baker won this morning,Andy came charging out of the tunnel to give him a big hug!Don't know if there's any pictures of it floating around-hopefully some will pop up!
I think he was too fast.  I saw someone being annoyed at themselves for not being fast enough to capture the moment.  But several of the people hanging around commented on how delighted Andy was with the win, and how he was asking for score updates between his interviews.
IP Logged
u2jcc
Junior

Re: News Articles « Reply #4729 on: January 13, 2013, 11:19 AM »

Not tennis related but more on the property he bought in Scotland and who'll be running it.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/andy-murray-buys-18m-hotel-1531991
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: News Articles « Reply #4730 on: January 13, 2013, 02:24 PM »

I think he was too fast.  I saw someone being annoyed at themselves for not being fast enough to capture the moment.  But several of the people hanging around commented on how delighted Andy was with the win, and how he was asking for score updates between his interviews.
That would be Piers Newbery on twitter.
IP Logged
lashurst
Veteran

Murray Mad

Re: News Articles « Reply #4731 on: January 13, 2013, 02:49 PM »

Not tennis related but more on the property he bought in Scotland and who'll be running it.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/andy-murray-buys-18m-hotel-1531991
Spendid! Smile Then we can start planning the inaugural Murrays World Convention for 2014!
Wouldn't that be fun to stay at Andys' own hotel?
IP Logged
Littlebuddha
Seed

Re: News Articles « Reply #4732 on: January 13, 2013, 03:29 PM »

Yes and not to far to travel it would be great.
IP Logged
angiebabez
Veteran

Andy Murray Wimbledon Champion 2013

Re: News Articles « Reply #4733 on: January 13, 2013, 04:14 PM »

I will be there  yay
IP Logged
xxdanixx
Seed

Dream big, because little dreams have little magic

Re: News Articles « Reply #4734 on: January 13, 2013, 05:45 PM »

New Column by Andy,for "The Australian":

SINCE winning the US Open in September, there has barely been an interview where I have not been asked if it is a life changing experience.
Before the start of a grand slam, some of the higher ranked players are asked to do press conferences for the world’s media. Most are pretty standard but Saturday’s came with a twist, one I reckon will see it go viral on YouTube.

If you can remember some of my columns for The Australian during last year’s Open, I mentioned that my coach Ivan Lendl had a wicked (and slightly strange) sense of humour. You may also recall that he was a beast on the court when playing against John McEnroe and Bjorn Borg, he did everything in his power to win, which is one of the main reasons I decided to join forces with him at the start of 2012. But when you combine that competitive streak with his sense of humour, well, let’s just say it led to a grown man, a proud man, a great mate embarrassing himself on the world stage.

We bought a new piece of training equipment, a VersaClimber, around the time of the US Open and my fitness coach Jez Green made a bet with Lendl that he would never be able to match him on it. This is a tough machine that makes you feel like you are climbing up a mountain.
Try to imagine this. Basically, you have your two arms outstretched above you and your feet locked in at the bottom and then you start climbing. Adjust it one way and it kills your quadriceps, the other way and your arms are aching at the end. Before the challenge, they were going back and forth at each other with banter and while Ivan hadn’t trained that much, he was a little overweight when we started working with each other, he hates losing. Hence what occurred on Saturday, for the loser, Jez, had to read out a piece written for him by Ivan.

If you have a few spare minutes, go on to YouTube and check it out but just in case you do not, here are a couple of the lines Jez had to read out.
“Ivan is a far superior physical specimen than myself, all this despite a near 13-year age gap. I apologise for my performance. I feel very bad about myself.”
Funny stuff, though it will be a while before any of us, and particularly Jez, challenge Ivan. Though it is is not the first time I’ve had a press conference crashed, with Alex Ferguson and Sean Connery coming into say hello midway through one in New York last summer, that certainly lived up proceedings, especially as they’d had a couple of glasses of wine each – more on that in another column though.

After the press conference finished, I had several other media obligations to complete, a couple of radio interviews and around eight television interviews. I must confess, I was a little distracted through them though as I was trying to keep track of my mate Jamie Baker as he attempted to qualify for the Australian Open. Jamie is a good mate, I’ve known him for years and recently he worked with me in Miami during the off-season. The thing about Jamie, and why he upstaged me on Saturday, with his story in all the British papers yesterday, is that a couple of years ago he almost died with a freak blood disease. He has done a great job to fight back and that’s why I was so excited to see him make the main draw, even if it surprised the woman interviewing when I pumped my fist and roared “yes”.

Now, to answer the question I started with. Obviously it feels great to have won a grand slam and the Olympic gold medal and I feel less pressure now that I’ve done this. Don’t think, though, that I won’t be doing everything I can to win more majors. That is the great thing about Ivan and Jez and the rest of the team, they haven’t allowed me to slacken off at all and, if anything, I worked harder than ever before in Miami in the off-season.

I begin my Open campaign against Robin Haase on Tuesday. He’s a talented player and tends to save his best for the big courts, so it is not the easiest of starts. I had to work hard to beat him a couple of years ago in a grand slam but I feel like I’m in good form and certainly played well enough to win the Brisbane International a week ago. With a bit of luck and some good play, I’ll be able to write some columns through the whole fortnight and hopefully give you more of an insight into what goes on behind the scenes, until then…

http://www.andymurray.com/news-and-blog/andys-column-the-australian/
IP Logged
Grabcopy
Top Seed

I know I'm paranoid. But am I paranoid enough?

Re: News Articles « Reply #4735 on: January 13, 2013, 05:55 PM »

Reading the Murray biography, Champion, I found out on page 241 that Murray's been seeing a sports shrink. I must have missed it but it seems it was all over the news in the autumn.

http://au.eurosport.com/tennis/shanghai/2012/cilic-through-in-shanghai_sto3456743/story.shtml

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/tennis/andymurray/9605711/The-psychologist-who-Andy-Murray-put-on-winning-path-to-US-Open-success.html
IP Logged
angiebabez
Veteran

Andy Murray Wimbledon Champion 2013

Re: News Articles « Reply #4736 on: January 13, 2013, 05:57 PM »

Yeah thats correct wasn't it someone Ivan recommended? She gave Andy a glowing report I recall.
IP Logged
Grabcopy
Top Seed

I know I'm paranoid. But am I paranoid enough?

Re: News Articles « Reply #4737 on: January 13, 2013, 06:00 PM »

Alexis Castorri - she helped Lendl reach world number one in the 80s.
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: News Articles « Reply #4738 on: January 13, 2013, 09:41 PM »

love Andy's column - note the use of the Aussie term 'mate'.  I don't suppose he wrote it himself.
Nigel how could you have missed that?  We talked about it alot a while back.
IP Logged
flowerpower
Challenger Level

Relax All is good!

Re: News Articles « Reply #4739 on: January 13, 2013, 09:50 PM »

http://www.telegraaf.nl/telesport/tennis/21212122/___Scharminkel__Murray_nu_gespierd__.html

Robin Haase is doubly warned. His opponent in the first round of the Australian Open during training makes much impression. Andy Murray experienced the recent period than a rapid growth. The skeleton of yesteryear was therefore a statement of his, shown to everyone, muscular torso.
Every tennis enthusiast knows yet what Novak Djokovic, who next week as defending champion starts, did last year after his final game. After he had defeated Rafael Nadal Serb tore the shirt from his body and showed the world his impressive torso. There stood the fittest guy of all. A man with endless sophisticated training work a tremendous amount of power, speed and flexibility in his body had united.
It seems that Djokovic in this area now have a new level. Murray shines in his skin as he smoothly in Melbourne by the heat rushes. Not an ounce of fat is visible and his agility is striking. Rummages around in his coach Ivan Lendl in an outfit reminiscent of the attire of the oil sheik. There is no doubt that he, the man who was once eight grand slam titles won, Murray has inspired more training work.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 313 314 315 [316] 317 318 319 ... 713 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »