Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  News Articles 1 Member and 2 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 315 316 317 [318] 319 320 321 ... 721 Go Down Reply
Author

News Articles

(Read 426322 times)
backhandslice
Seed

You love my shenanigans. Admit it.

Re: News Articles « Reply #4755 on: January 16, 2013, 05:13 PM »

how can you find someone arrogant by watching them on a practice court.  LOL  what total ignorance that is
IP Logged
ABF
Challenger Level

Re: News Articles « Reply #4756 on: January 16, 2013, 06:21 PM »

This Article.  LOL.   it talks a load of boll**ks.  The Aussies must really be desperate for some sporting success.  They are envious I guess.

http://tvnz.co.nz/tennis-news/merciless-murray-roars-into-second-round-5319028?utm_medium=referral&utm_source=t.co

the Aussie love affair with Murray is not over  imo.  I think they quite like him tbh

Id say its mixed there.... I used to live there...it depends who you talk to..as with anything...there is the Dumb Aussie who only has any regard for anything True Blue Aussie (if that even exists...as it is a country made up a large number of immigrants)...then there is the Intelligent Aussie who has a balanced view on the world and isnt swayed by Media Blah blah.

the youth of Oz look upto American sporting icons maybe even more so than that of their own.

Andy gets good support in Oz probably coz of the large number of british who have immigrated there as much as anything.
IP Logged
MT
Futures Level

Re: News Articles « Reply #4757 on: January 16, 2013, 07:05 PM »

Id say its mixed there.... I used to live there...it depends who you talk to..as with anything...there is the Dumb Aussie who only has any regard for anything True Blue Aussie (if that even exists...as it is a country made up a large number of immigrants)...then there is the Intelligent Aussie who has a balanced view on the world and isnt swayed by Media Blah blah.

the youth of Oz look upto American sporting icons maybe even more so than that of their own.

Andy gets good support in Oz probably coz of the large number of british who have immigrated there as much as anything.
I don't know if that came from a mainstream newspaper but it is just personal abuse and whoever is in charge of Andy's PR should get them to publish a balancing article published immediately.  Blooming cheek!
IP Logged
Littlebuddha
Seed

Re: News Articles « Reply #4758 on: January 16, 2013, 07:23 PM »

Probably a Murdoch paper it was when I lived there. Pretty much like the sun here a rag.
IP Logged
wimbledonwestie
ATP Level

Re: News Articles « Reply #4759 on: January 16, 2013, 07:26 PM »

Sounds a bit like sour grapes - and not likely to be very representative of Aussies as a whole - who would like what some of our papers print to represent them?
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: News Articles « Reply #4760 on: January 16, 2013, 11:09 PM »

Aye more often than not, in certain papers at least (*cough* Daily Mail) it's just the journalist's very controversial opinion and represents only the tiny minority.

The amount of times non-English people bring up how we expect England to win the World Cup (football) and how arrogant we all are based on an article in the Sun can get a bit tedious.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: News Articles « Reply #4761 on: January 16, 2013, 11:40 PM »

ANDY’S LATEST COLUMN - THE AUSTRALIAN
Andy - Wednesday, January 16 2013
I love Andy's humour and the humbleness and respect he always shows towards other sports celebrities - and fellow comedians! Very Happy

Also his eagerness to question, and to learn from, those who have been successful -

I love meeting people that have made it to the top because I’ve always been fascinated in what makes them tick. I tend to ask a lot of questions of them and the great thing about those conversations is that you don’t have to hold back because both of you have a common understanding about professionalism and hard work and dedication needed to reach the top.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: News Articles « Reply #4762 on: January 16, 2013, 11:51 PM »

This Article.  LOL.   it talks a load of boll**ks.  The Aussies must really be desperate for some sporting success.  They are envious I guess.

http://tvnz.co.nz/tennis-news/merciless-murray-roars-into-second-round-5319028?utm_medium=referral&utm_source=t.co

the Aussie love affair with Murray is not over  imo.  I think they quite like him tbh
Probably a Murdoch paper it was when I lived there. Pretty much like the sun here a rag.
That explains all. Whistle   Why don't these people stick their sour grapes up their a***s.  And since when have Australia been feeling the colonial 'boot'?  The only reason they voted not to become a republic in a fairly recent referendum was because the didn't fancy their then PM!
IP Logged
angiebabez
Veteran

Andy Murray Wimbledon Champion 2013

Re: News Articles « Reply #4763 on: January 17, 2013, 08:29 AM »

Guys there is a good wee article on the AO website under (news) i have just read which is quite funny. Andy is talking bout judys cooking & how bad it was lol Smile if anyone can go on and post it. Im at work so couldnt (even if i knew how to)
IP Logged
Sabine
Veteran

^_^

Re: News Articles « Reply #4764 on: January 17, 2013, 09:36 AM »

There you go angie Smile

http://www.australianopen.com/en_AU/news/match_reports/2013-01-17/201301171358398859818.html
IP Logged
angiebabez
Veteran

Re: News Articles « Reply #4765 on: January 17, 2013, 09:52 AM »

Well done zarfeen! Knew i could rely on you  hug
IP Logged
Sabine
Veteran

^_^

Re: News Articles « Reply #4766 on: January 17, 2013, 10:14 AM »

Thank you angie hug my pleasure...
IP Logged
Fiverings
ATP Level

Andy Murray - Tennis Legend

Re: News Articles « Reply #4767 on: January 17, 2013, 11:28 AM »

Guys there is a good wee article on the AO website under (news) i have just read which is quite funny. Andy is talking bout judys cooking & how bad it was lol Smile if anyone can go on and post it. Im at work so couldnt (even if i knew how to)
  To use an appropriate old Scots saying, that's cauld kale het again, that wee story first surfaced last summer I think, at Wimbledon.
IP Logged
angiebabez
Veteran

Re: News Articles « Reply #4768 on: January 17, 2013, 11:41 AM »

The bit about judys cooking maybe? But rest of it is about aussie open.
IP Logged
dex
Futures Level

Re: News Articles « Reply #4769 on: January 17, 2013, 01:03 PM »

That explains all. Whistle   Why don't these people stick their sour grapes up their a***s.  And since when have Australia been feeling the colonial 'boot'?  The only reason they voted not to become a republic in a fairly recent referendum was because the didn't fancy their then PM!

In actual fact the news artical was published in a New Zealand paper and website. I think it is a bit of banter between the two countries ie Aussie and Kiwi. They like to have a go at each other.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 315 316 317 [318] 319 320 321 ... 721 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »