Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  News Articles 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 318 319 320 [321] 322 323 324 ... 721 Go Down Reply
Author

News Articles

(Read 427210 times)
Littlebuddha
Seed

Re: News Articles « Reply #4800 on: January 22, 2013, 08:28 PM »

Why should we get over it ? It is not fair for one player to treated well and to hell with the rest. If you do not complain you will end up being walked over every time.
IP Logged
flowerpower
Challenger Level

Relax All is good!

Re: News Articles « Reply #4801 on: January 22, 2013, 08:35 PM »

http://www.weatherzone.com.au/vic/melbourne/melbourne

Fortunately it's not to warm today in Melbourne! At three o clock 25 degrees....
IP Logged
Fiverings
ATP Level

Andy Murray - Tennis Legend

Re: News Articles « Reply #4802 on: January 22, 2013, 09:11 PM »

Why should we get over it ? It is not fair for one player to treated well and to hell with the rest. If you do not complain you will end up being walked over every time.
  Yes, but my point is that the issues been raised and well aired.
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: News Articles « Reply #4803 on: January 22, 2013, 10:41 PM »

I'm glad the issue over the schedule has been raised to be honest. Whether Andy's team is annoyed and have complained officially or not isn't even the point as far as I'm concerned, although if they have it is good to know they are looking out for Andy's interests.

I realise the press will make a thing of the story, which could raise some negative comment, but we shouldn't bother about that. People who don't like Andy, for whatever reason, will comment anyway. However, I know from reading comments from other Andy fans, not only about this, but other stuff as well, that there is a sense that Federer has often been favoured in one way or another. I just think it's good that the issue is out there now, so it can be discussed.

I don't even think the issue is just about Andy, or even Federer. To my mind the issue is about whether or not tournaments should be able to favour some over others, and about why TV revenue is more important than appearing to be fair.
IP Logged
Tasmanian Devil
Challenger Level

Re: News Articles « Reply #4804 on: January 22, 2013, 10:58 PM »

When Fed does eventually bugger off permanently, I wonder who the tournament organisers will favour then?
IP Logged
IonaRed
Challenger Level

Re: News Articles « Reply #4805 on: January 22, 2013, 11:05 PM »

Why did I read the comments. doh Same old drivel.

I think a lot of the people posting on the Daily Mail article are missing the point. It's not about Andy's draw. Any player can get an easy/difficult draw. That is outwith the control of the tournament.  What the tournament can do is organise the schedule to be fair to all players.  Federer playing every night match and Andy playing in the heat of the day is unfair.  

The Murray camp have every right to be annoyed.  They've made their feelings clear. I'm sure they're just getting on with getting Andy ready for his match with Chardy. If the Murray v Fed match happens then we'll just need to hope that Andy adjusts quickly to the conditions.

[ Last edit by IonaRed January 22, 2013, 11:08 PM ] IP Logged
IonaRed
Challenger Level

Re: News Articles « Reply #4806 on: January 22, 2013, 11:19 PM »

@PseudoFed

Look, just because I have played 72 consecutive night matches it isn't favouritisms. It's merely the coincidences
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

You (still) ain't seen nothing yet..

Re: News Articles « Reply #4807 on: January 22, 2013, 11:24 PM »

.. I just think it's good that the issue is out there now, so it can be discussed.
I agree this issue should be discussed. I also think it's very unfair to Andy.
But what was the purpose of your comment on the DM comment page?

In the semi if Andy could just strike a forehand really hard and take Federer's front teeth out I might die a happy woman.
Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/tennis/article-2266267/Andy-Murray-forced-play-Melbourne-heat-Australian-Open-chiefs-come-fire.html#ixzz2IkUoksdP
IP Logged
MT
Futures Level

Re: News Articles « Reply #4808 on: January 22, 2013, 11:29 PM »

In the semi if Andy could just strike a forehand really hard and take Federer's front teeth out I might die a happy woman.
Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/tennis/article-2266267/Andy-Murray-forced-play-Melbourne-heat-Australian-Open-chiefs-come-fire.html#ixzz2IkUoksdP

Why stop at his front teeth?
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: News Articles « Reply #4809 on: January 22, 2013, 11:29 PM »

No purpose at all, just a personal opinion, to which I am entitled. It was also a joke.
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

You (still) ain't seen nothing yet..

Re: News Articles « Reply #4810 on: January 22, 2013, 11:33 PM »

No purpose at all, just a personal opinion, to which I am entitled. It was also a joke.
Like all the other 'jokes' on all the other sites you've posted on?

Why so hateful?
IP Logged
OldScotSupport
ATP Level

Re: News Articles « Reply #4811 on: January 22, 2013, 11:47 PM »

I still have a strong feeling that Rolex have had a huge input into Federer's schedules.
IP Logged
u2jcc
Junior

Re: News Articles « Reply #4812 on: January 23, 2013, 01:31 AM »

Murray coasting as seeds scattered...

http://www.australianopen.com/en_AU/news/articles/2013-01-23/201301221358833235068.html
IP Logged
u2jcc
Junior

Re: News Articles « Reply #4813 on: January 23, 2013, 01:36 AM »

I still have a strong feeling that Rolex have had a huge input into Federer's schedules.

OSS, totally agree with you on this. That Rolex twisted a few arms at AO organizers to give Federer a favorable draw. Reminds me a bit of something I read a few months back during that match Andy had with Federer during WTF on how Federer's sponsor booked tickets months in advance.
IP Logged
u2jcc
Junior

Re: News Articles « Reply #4814 on: January 23, 2013, 01:37 AM »

I mean, his sponsors booked a huge number of seats...
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 318 319 320 [321] 322 323 324 ... 721 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »