Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
Andy Murray vs Matthias Bachinger, Today, 12:00 Midnight BST - Discuss the match
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  News Articles 0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 323 324 325 [326] 327 328 329 ... 722 Go Down Reply
Author

News Articles

(Read 429364 times)
xxdanixx
Seed

Dream big, because little dreams have little magic

Re: News Articles « Reply #4875 on: January 26, 2013, 05:00 PM »

dani thanks for posting Andy's column.  It's always good when he pays tribute to his wonderful team.  And great to hear him sounding positive though I'm sure he'll be as nervous as hell as it gets closer - and as he says if he wasn't something would be wrong.  But he knows now how to use those nerves. 

No prob Ruthie!And yeah,I couldn't agree more Very Happy
IP Logged
xxdanixx
Seed

Re: News Articles « Reply #4876 on: January 26, 2013, 05:02 PM »

No new information,or anything substantial,but the little excerpt of this piece I've posted made me chuckle Very Happy

Andy Murray and the death of the plucky British loser

As Andy Murray prepares for his third grand slam final in a row, Channel 4 News looks at his rise to the top of men's tennis - and why it's messing with our minds.

The experience of watching Andy Murray - if you are British and a sports fan - has become almost a little unsettling, writes Anna Doble.

Not because we don't feel thrilled at his fierce progress to the top of men's tennis. And not because we fear a sudden collapse in his journey to sporting greatness. It's quite the opposite.

The British sporting lexicon was signed off years ago with pre-agreed terms and conditions. It contained the words "plucky", "admirable effort" and "quarter-finals" and it came with free tissues.

Now Murray, US Open champion, ranked number three but destiny-bound for the top slot, surely, has torn up this pathetic pamphlet and replaced it with a brick-sized tome marked: "Shut up, I win stuff."

http://www.channel4.com/news/andy-murray-tennis-australian-open-plucky-loser-paradigm
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: News Articles « Reply #4877 on: January 26, 2013, 05:04 PM »

love it dani.  Perhaps should try to remember C4 news tonight in case they're covering it
IP Logged
Connor
Grand Slam Champion

The great British player will be back!

Re: News Articles « Reply #4878 on: January 26, 2013, 05:11 PM »

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/tennis/21139850 - Fabulous little video from the BBC.
IP Logged
Littlebuddha
Seed

Re: News Articles « Reply #4879 on: January 26, 2013, 05:19 PM »

I am so proud of Andy no one will ever call him a choker or looser again. He has shown his strength and determination. Perhaps now he will be given the support he deserves for all the hard work he has put in.
He is a magnificent sportsman getting his body toned to what we see now. That did not come by itself he has had to work hard to achieve it. He deserves our support without any conditions and I am sure he will win more Grand Slams.For this Scot the future looks bright. trophy
[ Last edit by Littlebuddha January 26, 2013, 05:24 PM ] IP Logged
xxdanixx
Seed

Re: News Articles « Reply #4880 on: January 26, 2013, 05:25 PM »

Russell Crowe just tweeted this:

"Shout out to Andy Murray, Australia wants your name on that trophy son, give it your best"
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: News Articles « Reply #4881 on: January 26, 2013, 05:31 PM »

"Shout out to Andy Murray, Australia wants your name on that trophy son, give it your best"

Oh I love that. I have no feelings either way about Russell Crowe, I just love it when people like that are so public in their support for Andy. Kevin Spacey is a sweetheart too.
IP Logged
xxdanixx
Seed

Re: News Articles « Reply #4882 on: January 26, 2013, 05:36 PM »

Oh I love that. I have no feelings either way about Russell Crowe, I just love it when people like that are so public in their support for Andy. Kevin Spacey is a sweetheart too.

I'm the exact same Teejay!I'm not a fan of RC in particular (though I did think he was very good in Les Mis,which I saw when I was away and thought was fantastic!),in fact I don't even follow him on twitter-I just saw his tweet when someone re-posted it.I just love the goodwill for Andy!The more pulling for him the better,I say!
IP Logged
xxdanixx
Seed

Re: News Articles « Reply #4883 on: January 26, 2013, 05:45 PM »

Nice little article by Ross Hutchins:

INSIGHT: Hutchins on his mate Murray who is helping to raise spirits
By ROSS HUTCHINS

Andy and I have been in touch more or less every day since I was diagnosed with Hodgkin’s lymphoma.

That includes the past fortnight when he’s been playing at the Australian Open. We’ve just been having normal relaxed chats.

We talk about his games, he asks me how I’m doing and we swap whatever funny things have happened to either of us that day. And then there’s our fantasy football teams. He’s way ahead of me.

My treatment is going OK. I feel good. I had my second session of chemo on Thursday and that leaves you with a few headaches and chest pains. But it’s nothing too drastic.

I’m doing all I can to eliminate side-effects so that the drugs can work inside me.
That means healthy eating, sleeping properly and exercise. Seeing him get to the final does help me. Watching such a close friend doing well makes me happy. It puts a big smile on my face and lifts my spirits.

I have watched every one of Andy’s games. I thought he played brilliantly against Roger Federer. It was difficult not winning the fourth set after serving for it but he went up a level in the fifth. It’s what Federer used to do so well. It’s what top players do.

Andy’s proving how good he is in adversity. In the Olympic final, everyone thought Federer would win because he was so desperate to get gold at last. And at the US Open not many people expected Andy to come back from losing the third and fourth sets.

It felt like that again going into the fifth yesterday but he’s once again proved his opponent wrong. He’s showing people what he’s all about.

He looks happier on court since he won the US Open. You can see the self-belief.
I’ll be probably watching on the sofa at home with my girlfriend tomorrow. Let’s hope there’s even more reason to smile.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/tennis/article-2268560/Ross-Hutchins-Andy-Murray-reaching-Australian-Open-final.html

IP Logged
angiebabez
Veteran

Andy Murray Wimbledon Champion 2013

Re: News Articles « Reply #4884 on: January 26, 2013, 05:54 PM »

That's lovely hope Ross has a massive big cheesy grin on his face come end of play tomorrow Smile I'm just in from marks & spencers bought bottle of bubbly to crack open when Andy holds the trophy aloft  trophy
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: News Articles « Reply #4885 on: January 26, 2013, 07:00 PM »

That is awesome. Love it. 
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: News Articles « Reply #4886 on: January 26, 2013, 07:06 PM »

thanks for the article by Ross dani.  It's lovely that he's able to take such pleasure from Andy's success.  I thought he was very good on Eurosport today - relaxed, articulate, interesting.  He'll make a good commentator once he stops playing, all being well of course.
And nice to see some big names tweeting for Andy.
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: News Articles « Reply #4887 on: January 26, 2013, 07:06 PM »

Australian Open final predictions...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/tennis/21212312

Just skimmed it. I have to say, this Nole vs Ferrer match has got to be the single most overrated match in history to judge one's form. They quickly forget how tough a road Ferrer had prior to meeting Nole in the semi. Not that he was going to dismantle Noel but he would have pushed him. But still, Ferrer is really, really not the guy you want to base your opinion on about another match, which has not only completely different dynamics to it but also very evenly matched.
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Re: News Articles « Reply #4888 on: January 26, 2013, 10:25 PM »

Nice little article by Ross Hutchins:

INSIGHT: Hutchins on his mate Murray who is helping to raise spirits
By ROSS HUTCHINS

Thanks for this Dani, I read it earlier but just didn't have time to post it.

It's great that Ross is enjoying Andy's success, and so good to hear that he is so positive still. I was impressed with him on Eurosport the other day - I think it was the day Andy beat Simon - he was fun and interesting, and wouldn't be drawn into discussing anything Andy said about VW after the French last year. The way he dealt with that topic was funny!

Ruthie, I can't remember for sure, but didn't Ross do some commentary  during the dubs at the WTF? If my memory is right he was very good.

Ross has got the right idea about watching the match tomorrow, but I'll be on my own, probably holding a cushion as a security blanket lol. I must just remember that hurling abuse at Djokovic won't actually make any difference to Andy and might make the neighbours think I've gone mad!

IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Re: News Articles « Reply #4889 on: January 26, 2013, 10:34 PM »

Just skimmed it. I have to say, this Nole vs Ferrer match has got to be the single most overrated match in history to judge one's form. They quickly forget how tough a road Ferrer had prior to meeting Nole in the semi. Not that he was going to dismantle Noel but he would have pushed him. But still, Ferrer is really, really not the guy you want to base your opinion on about another match, which has not only completely different dynamics to it but also very evenly matched.

I think that's fair comment. Ferrer had a tough route through the tournament really. I think people forget that he is 30 as well. To be truthful he looked shattered in the semi before it had even really begun.

I can't work out why people can't grasp that Andy just won't play Djokovic as Ferrer did, it's not hard to understand.

I'm honestly not convinced that Ferrer or Berdych give any clue to Djokovic's form, although, if the version who played in the first set against Wawrinka would like to turn up for a set or three I won't complain lol.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 323 324 325 [326] 327 328 329 ... 722 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »