Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  News Articles 2 Members and 10 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 325 326 327 [328] 329 330 331 ... 733 Go Down Reply
Author

News Articles

(Read 442264 times)
drchef
Challenger Level

"Corey, Trevor.....Smokes, let's go!"

Re: News Articles « Reply #4905 on: January 27, 2013, 04:05 PM »

That looks sweeeet!
IP Logged
Grabcopy
Veteran

I know I'm paranoid. But am I paranoid enough?

Re: News Articles « Reply #4906 on: January 27, 2013, 04:11 PM »

I complained and offered to write for them. I pointed out her basic mistakes and sent a link to my US Open final report and said 'tell me this isn't ten million times better'.
IP Logged
Connor
Grand Slam Champion

The great British player will be back!

Re: News Articles « Reply #4907 on: January 27, 2013, 04:25 PM »

The writers of that article need to be sacked. Ugh.

But maybe they were sickened by Andy's loss and decided to crash and burn their reputations of journalistic genius in a few paragraphs. After all they had nothing to lose.
IP Logged
xxdanixx
Seed

Dream big, because little dreams have little magic

Re: News Articles « Reply #4908 on: January 27, 2013, 07:34 PM »

From the twitter of an Australian journo:

"All class by Andy Murray. First runner-up I've seen to make an appearance at the @ausopen staff party."
IP Logged
Iluvandy
Seed

Re: News Articles « Reply #4909 on: January 27, 2013, 10:56 PM »

In primary school I would have been in trouble for "one of the men on court would etch THEIR name"
IP Logged
Grabcopy
Veteran

I know I'm paranoid. But am I paranoid enough?

Re: News Articles « Reply #4910 on: January 27, 2013, 11:03 PM »

There are no standards any more.
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

You (still) ain't seen nothing yet..

Re: News Articles « Reply #4911 on: January 28, 2013, 02:21 PM »

Looks like Andy might have to wait for some detailed feedback from Ivan.:

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/sport/tennis/andy-murray-upbeat-despite-australian-open-loss-to-novak-djokovic/story-fnbe6xeb-1226563763450
January 29, 201312:00AM

ANDY Murray will once again lean on Ivan Lendl after joining his coach as a loser of five of his first six grand slam finals.

Murray was remaining upbeat after falling 6-7 (2-7) 7-6 (7-3) 6-3 6-2 to world No 1 Novak Djokovic in Sunday night's Australian Open final at Melbourne Park.

Hindered by blisters and a hamstring strain - undoubtedly scar tissue from his torrid four-hour, five-set semi-final win over Roger Federer 48 hours earlier - the US Open champion was unable to match Djokovic's remarkable staying powers after the first two sapping sets.

But unlike his two previous Open final losses - to Federer in 2010 and Djokovic in 2011 - Murray was anything but demoralised.

"There's going to be some obvious reasons for me feeling a little bit better," he said.

"The last few months have been the best tennis of my life. I made the Wimbledon final, won the Olympics, won the US Open.

"I was close here as well. It was close. So I know no one's ever won a slam, the immediate one after winning their first one. It's not the easiest thing to do and I got extremely close.

"So I have to try and look at the positives of the last few months, and I think I'm going in the right direction.

"This is the first time I've beaten Roger in a slam over five sets. I think I dealt with the situations and the ebbs and flows in that match well.

"I felt much more comfortable on the court today (against Djokovic) than even I did at the US Open, so that has to be a positive."

Just like Lendl, Murray broke through to win his maiden major after four finals defeats and then lost his next.

If the trend continues, Murray will lose his seventh grand slam final as well.

Lendl ultimately wound up with eight career majors, including two Australian Open titles, and will no doubt know how his charge is feeling.

Murray, though, said it was too soon to dissect his latest big-stage loss. "He said, 'Bad luck'. That's it," Murray said.

"There's no point going into huge detail about the match two minutes afterwards.

"We'll go away and spend a bit of time apart. When I go to start training over in the States, we'll discuss not just this match but the start to the year and the things I need to improve on if I want to keep getting better."

IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

Re: News Articles « Reply #4912 on: January 28, 2013, 03:01 PM »

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/tennis/ivan-lendl-three-missed-break-1559720

Ivan Lendl: Three missed break points at start of second set cost Murray victory over Djokovic
28 Jan 2013 00:01

MURRAY'S coach said the Scots game is still on an upward graph and he will have plenty more opportunities if he keeps putting himself in the position.

IVAN LENDL claimed failing to convert three break points at the start of the second set cost Andy Murray the Australian Open title.

The Scot won the first set tiebreak and then led 0-40 in the second game of the second set – his first
break points on the Novak Djokovic serve.

But the world No.1 held serve – and was not broken in 21 service games.

Lendl said: “If Andy had broken for 2-0 in the second set who knows what might have happened. He could have run away with it.

“When you have opportunities against top players it’s advisable to take advantage because they’re not going to give you more over and over.

“That’s why they’re so great. If you play someone who is a little weaker in the rankings, you may get another opportunity.

“With the top players, you very rarely do. That’s why they’re better than the other guys, not only the strokes but they don’t give you that many opportunities.

“Novak won 13 points more than Andy – 13 points is nothing. While 6-3 6-2 looks comfortable it was only 13 points in the match.”

Murray has now lost five of his six Grand Slam finals – just like Lendl. The Czech went on to win eight.

Lendl said: “Other than when Andy lost to Novak here in 2011 he has always played the No.1 player in the world in the finals, those are difficult to win.

“Andre Agassi beat Rainer Schuettler (world No.36), I beat Miloslva Mecir. I’m not saying they were bad players.

“However, they were not No.1 at the time they were in the finals.

“In this era, the top four are clearly better than everyone else. You don’t get No.7 in the finals.

“I just hope Andy will keep putting himself in position and something will come his way again. His game is still on an upward graph – and it will be until the end of Andy’s career.”
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: News Articles « Reply #4913 on: January 28, 2013, 03:10 PM »

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/tennis/ivan-lendl-three-missed-break-1559720

Ivan Lendl: Three missed break points at start of second set cost Murray victory over Djokovic
28 Jan 2013 00:01

MURRAY'S coach said the Scots game is still on an upward graph and he will have plenty more opportunities if he keeps putting himself in the position.

IVAN LENDL claimed failing to convert three break points at the start of the second set cost Andy Murray the Australian Open title.

The Scot won the first set tiebreak and then led 0-40 in the second game of the second set – his first
break points on the Novak Djokovic serve.

But the world No.1 held serve – and was not broken in 21 service games.

Lendl said: “If Andy had broken for 2-0 in the second set who knows what might have happened. He could have run away with it.

“When you have opportunities against top players it’s advisable to take advantage because they’re not going to give you more over and over.

“That’s why they’re so great. If you play someone who is a little weaker in the rankings, you may get another opportunity.

“With the top players, you very rarely do. That’s why they’re better than the other guys, not only the strokes but they don’t give you that many opportunities.

“Novak won 13 points more than Andy – 13 points is nothing. While 6-3 6-2 looks comfortable it was only 13 points in the match.”

Murray has now lost five of his six Grand Slam finals – just like Lendl. The Czech went on to win eight.

Lendl said: “Other than when Andy lost to Novak here in 2011 he has always played the No.1 player in the world in the finals, those are difficult to win.

“Andre Agassi beat Rainer Schuettler (world No.36), I beat Miloslva Mecir. I’m not saying they were bad players.

“However, they were not No.1 at the time they were in the finals.

“In this era, the top four are clearly better than everyone else. You don’t get No.7 in the finals.

“I just hope Andy will keep putting himself in position and something will come his way again. His game is still on an upward graph – and it will be until the end of Andy’s career.”

That's pretty much the same piece that is in the Telegraph.

I think Lendl's approach is very wise. He manages to say what Andy could have done without making it sound like an awful criticism, and he also manages to give credit to Djokovic.

It's also good that Lendl can see that Andy's game is still on the up. I mean, I might not know what I'm talking about, but he does.
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

Re: News Articles « Reply #4914 on: January 28, 2013, 03:19 PM »

I didn't see the Telegraph one, maybe they both used the same source if it sounds similar?
I like how he says Andy's on an upward graph.

Yesterday before the match, my ESPN commies said that Lend did not stay at the same hotel as Andy's team. It was Kim's suggestion, to give him some privacy and space. Wise girl.

No doubt he has his own way of doing things, but at the end of the day as long as it works for all them that's all that matters.
IP Logged
flowerpower
Challenger Level

Re: News Articles « Reply #4915 on: January 28, 2013, 03:26 PM »

Dutch News about the final; Not fair to play the semi's on two different days...
And; don't talk about unforced errors anymore...they are forced....

thanks to google translate;

http://www.nusport.nl/tennis/3014378/mesker-het-was-niet-eerlijk.html

Mesker: "It was not fair '
Marcella Mesker does for the NOS report of the Australian Open on radio and television. And they answered the questions of daily NUsport.
 © ANPNovak Djokovic defeated Andy Murray 6-7 (2), 7-6 (3), 6-3 and 6-2. It was thus not the spectacular titanic struggle that last year it was between Djokovic and Rafael Nadal.
"No, but that was such an extreme fight, a classic that is hard to match. But the first two sets, it was a war of attrition. Djokovic came in that sets a bit scared to me. He used the first set also Five breakpoints do not. "

"In the second set was really a fight, a physical fight, which actually out of the blue Djokovic won the tiebreak. And from that moment Djokovic really only himself, so he got the upper hand."

Murray seemed physically to sit through. He had to be treated at the blisters on his feet.
"Djokovic obviously had that extra day of rest, where Murray Friday a five-setter against Roger Federer. This is fatal to the Briton. His feet were broken, he suffered his buttocks and his hamstring. That semifinal is physically so heavy been for him, mentally. I found him in the beginning of the finale already tired. "

"And that's not fair. The semi-finals on the same day must be played to no benefit for the finals. The Australian Open is known as the Grand Slam tournament that does everything for the tennis players, the Happy Slam, but this should really change. "

What is your tournament even more noticed in a negative way?
"The fireworks on Australian Day. They must before or after a party do not during. Last year the semi-finals of Federer and Nadal through interrupted, now it was the woman final between Na Li and Victoria Azarenka. The Chinese became really through out her concentration. "

"And, but I find some time, we must abandon the term unforced error. I read during the men's final on Twitter that the level bit disappointing, because too many unforced errors were made. But in the modern physical tennis you do not speak of it, they are forced errors, which should be the term. "

"It's become so difficult to make a point without the opponent the ball just went with his racket touches. So high is the level. You saw that in the first two sets of men's finals also. Djokovic and Murray are not shot makers like Federer. But it was a huge physical and mental battle, often after long rallies points were made. They forced the other to an error. A forced error so. "

Saturday told you that 2013 will be the year of Murray and Djokovic. Why?
"This is the second Grand Slam final in a row between them. Slowly, the bigger rivalry. What was formerly Federer v Nadal, Djokovic is against Murray."

"Murray and Djokovic are only 25 in age but they care a week. They can even seven years, where Federer still getting older. He will play fewer tournaments, more to his body thinking."

"And Nadal will soon be back on gravel probably are. But the question is whether it sits, on all surfaces, level comes after his knee injury."

See you behind Djokovic and Murray have someone in the near future they may come?
"Not really. Actually, the level difference between the Big Four and the rest only increase. They push each level. They train incredibly hard, all anyone can do that. But Murray, Djokovic, Nadal and Federer have such good teams, with coaches, physiotherapists and people who watch their diet. "

"That's much more professional than the rest. And they can also afford because they earn much more than the rest. In this regard, we see so few surprises for the men in the coming year."

In the women do?
"Yes, I think it's a very fun and exciting year for women. We saw this tournament a new name in the semifinals, Sloane Stephens. Positive as teenager showed up."

"There was a bit of a strange tournament for women. Serena Williams actually had to win, but was injured. Then there were the tripping of Na Li in the final. And there was the medical timeout Azarenka in the semi- finals. That was the low point of the Australian Open. "
IP Logged
flowerpower
Challenger Level

Re: News Articles « Reply #4916 on: January 28, 2013, 03:37 PM »

http://www.smh.com.au/sport/tennis/murray-claws-into-aussie-open-final-20130125-2dcuu.html

In Dutch (radio) comments journalists (after the SF) also mentioned the new Andy, the 2.0 version of Andy (with Lendl). Mentally stronger, better FH, service etc. Can not post a link here (nobody would understand Smile ) but I found an similar article with the 2.0 version here).
IP Logged
Tasmanian Devil
Challenger Level

Re: News Articles « Reply #4917 on: January 28, 2013, 03:38 PM »

Yep, I know!

Can you help me out by complaining here? Thx (3rd item down):

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/topics/about-us/3519232/Telegraph-Media-Group-Editorial.html

This is the sort of thing that really gets my goat so I've filled in the form.
IP Logged
xxdanixx
Seed

Re: News Articles « Reply #4918 on: January 28, 2013, 04:57 PM »

There are no standards any more.

You are unfortunately SO right.The amount of idiotic spelling and grammar mistakes in so many articles is incredibly annoying-not to mention facts that are clearly wrong!Now,I'm not saying I'm perfect-I'm not,and I'd never claim to be.But I'm 20,and not paid to be a journalist.If you're going to be a writer,at least get the basics right!
IP Logged
xxdanixx
Seed

Re: News Articles « Reply #4919 on: January 28, 2013, 05:04 PM »

And on that note,did anyone see the amount of articles about Kim and Jelena's "war" that sprung up once Andy qualified to play Nole?Going on about how the two were competing to look the best,be the most stylish,that it would be a face-off of the girlfriends as well as the boyfriends,etc. First of all,I thought it was more than a little insulting to both of the girls,as I'm pretty sure neither of them are the least bit concerned with being "at war to look the best" with the other.And secondly,it was just plain stupid-Jelena didn't even attend the tournament!

When I saw one of the articles I thought it was just the UK tabloid nonsense that you often get.Then I saw several more articles along the same lines!So stupid.  Rolling Eyes
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 325 326 327 [328] 329 330 331 ... 733 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »