Here's a little quiz you should do well on.. then you can send it to your family/friends to educate them on Andy.
(Full disclosure.. I got one question incorrect. Sigh...)Andy Murray quiz - test your knowledge of the tennis acehttp://www.bbc.co.uk/newsround/13859081
I posted a thread a while back with some tougher questions.
I'll give you a condensed list.
1) Andy's first ATP win came in 2005, what was the name and nationality of his opponent?
2) Andy entered the top 10 in April 2007, but it was remembered for the fact he did it without lifting a racquet. Ivo Karlovic defeated which player to make this happen?
3) Andy won a Davis Cup rubber at the age of 17, a rare feat, who did he partner with to win the doubles rubber?
4) Name the first instance where Andy Murray fought back from two sets down to win a match?
5) Andy Murray recorded a 6-0 6-0 win in 2006, who was this against?
6) After that horrific wrist injury in 2007, at which tournament did Andy make his comeback at?
7) Name the first tournament at which Murray played with Brad Gilbert as his coach
8) Who was the first ever top-10 player to fall victim to Andy Murray - and where did this happen?
9) Andy Murray injured his wrist tendons in 2007, an inury which kept him out for several months. Who was he playing when he sustained this injury?
10) Who was Andy's first ever opponent at Grand Slam level?
11) On the subject of finals, he reached a doubles final with his brother in 2006 - at which tournament?
12) Name all the instances where Andy has won in 5 sets
13) In 2007, despite a lengthy injury, Murray had the chance to book his passage to Shanghai. It came down to one match - who beat him and booked their own ticket to China?
14) A memorable encounter early in his career transpired, when Murray had to save 5 MPs to win the match - who was he playing and where did it happen?
15) Murray is renowned for having a prolific record against Frenchmen. He's like a modern day Lord Nelson. But who was the first Frenchman that Murray beat in a grand slam?
16) Murray came very close to a triple bagel at the start of his career, recording a 6-0 6-0 6-1 win. Against who did he post this win?