Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  News Articles 0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 331 332 333 [334] 335 336 337 ... 725 Go Down Reply
Author

News Articles

(Read 434176 times)
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: News Articles « Reply #4995 on: February 01, 2013, 07:03 PM »

So Bored...  Frown
Oh dear!  Aren't you interested in some of the other tennis that's going to be around until Andy starts playing again?  I know I am, especially seeing how Nadal gets on in South America.
IP Logged
backhandslice
Seed

You love my shenanigans. Admit it.

Re: News Articles « Reply #4996 on: February 01, 2013, 07:30 PM »

Oh dear!  Aren't you interested in some of the other tennis that's going to be around until Andy starts playing again?  I know I am, especially seeing how Nadal gets on in South America.

nah not really,    not really fussed about the early rounds of the DC     its a bit boring...  I might watch Rafa though
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: News Articles « Reply #4997 on: February 01, 2013, 07:36 PM »

nah not really,    not really fussed about the early rounds of the DC     its a bit boring...  I might watch Rafa though
I think an awful lot of people will be keen to see Rafa so I'm hoping for good livestreams.
IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

I'd give up chocolate but I'm no quitter!

Re: News Articles « Reply #4998 on: February 02, 2013, 12:38 AM »

Andy had a page in this week's International Express - I've scanned, cut and pasted it all together for you all to read (hopefully!)

* International Express 31st Jan 2013.JPG (931.32 KB, 1496x1959 - viewed 71 times.)
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: News Articles « Reply #4999 on: February 02, 2013, 01:18 AM »

Andy had a page in this week's International Express - I've scanned, cut and pasted it all together for you all to read (hopefully!)
In my case - with zoom at 400% Very Happy   Really must go and pick up my new reading glasses ...!
IP Logged
Sabine
Veteran

^_^

Re: News Articles « Reply #5000 on: February 02, 2013, 04:29 AM »

^ Thanks Bev! I could read it (thankfully) with just a bit of zooming in. Very Happy

I really dont like this feather incident...too much of fuss made out of nothing. "Murray left to split feathers" Rolling Eyes
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: News Articles « Reply #5001 on: February 02, 2013, 07:31 PM »

I really dont like this feather incident...too much of fuss made out of nothing. "Murray left to split feathers" Rolling Eyes
The press had a field day with that darned feather.   Mind you I don't know how Andy would have got on had he played in the Commonwealth Games in Delhi and had to play at night.  I watched the mixed doubles final between Scotland and Australia (which we won!) which took place at night and the court was literally covered with bugs. They kept flying into the players' faces as well and several times players had to stop because they'd got into their eyes.  Ugh!
IP Logged
Sabine
Veteran

^_^

Re: News Articles « Reply #5002 on: February 03, 2013, 07:47 AM »

The press had a field day with that darned feather.   Mind you I don't know how Andy would have got on had he played in the Commonwealth Games in Delhi and had to play at night.  I watched the mixed doubles final between Scotland and Australia (which we won!) which took place at night and the court was literally covered with bugs. They kept flying into the players' faces as well and several times players had to stop because they'd got into their eyes.  Ugh!

Yup, India is known for mosquitoes and bugs Rolling Eyes
I've got used to it.
IP Logged
angiebabez
Veteran

Andy Murray Wimbledon Champion 2013

Re: News Articles « Reply #5003 on: February 03, 2013, 10:28 AM »

Is there gonna be tennis in next years commonwealth games in Glasgow? I didn't think there was Frown
IP Logged
Grabcopy
Top Seed

I know I'm paranoid. But am I paranoid enough?

Re: News Articles « Reply #5004 on: February 03, 2013, 03:49 PM »

http://www.theroar.com.au/2013/02/03/its-time-for-andy-murray-to-look-inside/
IP Logged
u2jcc
Junior

Re: News Articles « Reply #5005 on: February 03, 2013, 05:32 PM »

Olympic legend David Wilkie: Andy Murray became a Brit when he won gold.. he'll be English if he wins Wimbledon

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/olympic-legend-david-wilkie-on-todays-1572278
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: News Articles « Reply #5006 on: February 03, 2013, 05:37 PM »

Charming article. Not.
IP Logged
silver lining
Futures Level

Re: News Articles « Reply #5007 on: February 03, 2013, 05:45 PM »

Wow, that's pretty harsh.
[ Last edit by silver lining February 03, 2013, 05:48 PM ] IP Logged
wimbledonwestie
ATP Level

Re: News Articles « Reply #5008 on: February 03, 2013, 05:47 PM »

Charming article. Not.

My thoughts exactly! They didn't help themselves by getting the no of slam finals wrong, I get a bit anal about detail like that - when I read something that someone is publishing for the world to read as part of their job I expect them to make sure their facts are correct - when they don't it lessens the validity of their opinion as far as I'm concerned. Though maybe I'm just a bit too fussy?
IP Logged
silver lining
Futures Level

Re: News Articles « Reply #5009 on: February 03, 2013, 05:50 PM »

My thoughts exactly! They didn't help themselves by getting the no of slam finals wrong, I get a bit anal about detail like that - when I read something that someone is publishing for the world to read as part of their job I expect them to make sure their facts are correct - when they don't it lessens the validity of their opinion as far as I'm concerned. Though maybe I'm just a bit too fussy?

No, I agree. If they can't even get their facts straight then their opinion is probably irrelevant as well. It's not as if they couldn't look stuff like that up.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 331 332 333 [334] 335 336 337 ... 725 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »