Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  News Articles 0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 339 340 341 [342] 343 344 345 ... 787 Go Down Reply
Author

News Articles

(Read 506550 times)
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: News Articles « Reply #5115 on: February 09, 2013, 03:11 AM »

Vile woman.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: News Articles « Reply #5116 on: February 09, 2013, 03:43 AM »

Vile woman.
Yup ... mega-*****.
IP Logged
Littlebuddha
Seed

Re: News Articles « Reply #5117 on: February 09, 2013, 12:36 PM »

What did she say ? must have missed it.
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: News Articles « Reply #5118 on: February 09, 2013, 01:22 PM »

What did she say ? must have missed it.
About Andy or just in general?

From Bev's post on the last page:

Really pisses me of when people who clearly know nothing about the sport start spouting off about something or other. They shouldn't be doing this or that, when it means absolutely nothing to anything.
IP Logged
Elly
Murraymaniac

The mind doubts, but the heart never does.

Re: News Articles « Reply #5119 on: February 09, 2013, 01:33 PM »

Hilarious!
IP Logged
wimbledonwestie
Seed

Re: News Articles « Reply #5120 on: February 09, 2013, 01:41 PM »

Really pisses me of when people who clearly know nothing about the sport start spouting off about something or other. They shouldn't be doing this or that, when it means absolutely nothing to anything.
[/quote

Think it belongs in room 101!
IP Logged
Elly
Murraymaniac

Re: News Articles « Reply #5121 on: February 09, 2013, 01:46 PM »

[/quote

Think it belongs in room 101!
People love to bump their gums constantly on things they know nothing about.  Just the way it is. 
IP Logged
silver lining
Futures Level

Re: News Articles « Reply #5122 on: February 09, 2013, 01:55 PM »

Ridiculous. It clearly means a lot to him. Sorry...
[ Last edit by silver lining February 23, 2013, 06:48 PM ] IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: News Articles « Reply #5123 on: February 09, 2013, 02:08 PM »

I doubt Ann Widdecombe has ever played a competitive sport in her life, so she has no concept of what it means. She would be one of those fools who take up a Wimbledon ticket just so she could sit there and tuck in to her strawberries all day without any idea of what is going on. Silly cow.
IP Logged
Elly
Murraymaniac

Re: News Articles « Reply #5124 on: February 09, 2013, 02:12 PM »

I doubt Ann Widdecombe has ever played a competitive sport in her life, so she has no concept of what it means. She would be one of those fools who take up a Wimbledon ticket just so she could sit there and tuck in to her strawberries all day without any idea of what is going on. Silly cow.
lol  Spot on!
IP Logged
sidtypical
Challenger Level

grrr...

Re: News Articles « Reply #5125 on: February 09, 2013, 02:19 PM »

Vile woman.
bloody good dancer though
IP Logged
Elly
Murraymaniac

Re: News Articles « Reply #5126 on: February 09, 2013, 03:18 PM »

^ lol
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: News Articles « Reply #5127 on: February 09, 2013, 07:27 PM »

Hilarious!
lol  Nice!

Anne Widdicombe has no concept of anything much beyond her own opinions, which, of course, are always right! Rolling Eyes

IP Logged
angiebabez
Veteran

Andy Murray Wimbledon Champion 2013

Re: News Articles « Reply #5128 on: February 09, 2013, 08:06 PM »

A recent bleacher report which i agree with that nadal being back on tour will actually help andys chanches of beating novak rather than hinder them.

I'm sure many of you reading that title will disagree with me, and I can understand why.

Andy Murray has always struggled against the power and athleticism of the Spaniard and has a losing record against him.

Murray has beaten Nadal twice in Grand Slam tournaments, but more often than not he has come up short when facing Nadal in the past, particularly in the bigger matches. He has always been able to create chances but has struggled with the remorseless nature of the Nadal game.

However, that was the old Andy Murray. The pre-Lendl Murray. His game has changed dramatically since then. Since they last played, Murray has reached a Wimbledon final, won Olympic Gold, snatched his first Grand Slam victory and reached his third Australian Open final. I think the Scotsman would fancy his chances the next time the two players meet in a tournament.

That is not the reason, though, that I believe Nadal is essential to Murray's chances of winning a another Grand Slam in 2013. Many will argue that this makes Murray's task all the harder, and I can see their reasoning. It just adds another potential obstacle for him to overcome.

The reason this thought occured to me was when Novak Djokovic absolutely steamrollered through David Ferrer in his Australian Open semifinal. Murray then played a day later and was taken to five sets following a courageous Roger Federer performance.

In the final, Murray was far the better player in the first two sets against his great rival but ran out of steam after losing the second set on a tie break.

Will Nadal retain his French Open title in 2013?

Yes
 No
Submit Vote vote to see results
Murray is one of the fittest players on the tour and would be reluctant to ever use tiredness as an excuse for a loss, but it does make a massive difference.

Had Nadal not been injured, it would likely have been him facing up to Djokovic in the other semifinal and not the limited Ferrer. It is highly unlikely that Djokovic would have beaten Nadal in straight sets. Many of their matches have been exhausting five-set affairs.

Let's imagine that it has been a long match, much like their final in Australia 2012. Would Djokovic have had the same levels of energy that he displayed against Murray in their final? Probably not.

I'm not taking anything away from Novak Djokovic. He thoroughly deserved to win his third straight title.

I just think that the very biggest matches at Grand Slam level should be competitive affairs, and the return of Nadal from injury will ensure that this occurs.  
[ Last edit by angiebabez February 09, 2013, 08:12 PM ] IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

I'd give up chocolate but I'm no quitter!

Re: News Articles « Reply #5129 on: February 09, 2013, 08:25 PM »

I remember reading this from Ann, where she does praise Andy

http://www.express.co.uk/comment/columnists/ann-widdecombe/226600/Andy-Murray-The-boy-has-done-good

She's not all bad.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 339 340 341 [342] 343 344 345 ... 787 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »