Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  News Articles 0 Members and 3 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 350 351 352 [353] 354 355 356 ... 713 Go Down Reply
Author

News Articles

(Read 414570 times)
Littlebuddha
Seed

Re: News Articles « Reply #5280 on: February 26, 2013, 05:31 PM »

Linda what about The Grand Slam Murray Hotel not very original I know but another name for the list.
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: News Articles « Reply #5281 on: February 26, 2013, 05:45 PM »

I don't think Andy will be cold at all.
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

You (still) ain't seen nothing yet..

Re: News Articles « Reply #5282 on: February 26, 2013, 05:49 PM »

Linda what about The Grand Slam Murray Hotel not very original I know but another name for the list.
Nice idea.
IP Logged
OldScotSupport
ATP Level

Re: News Articles « Reply #5283 on: February 26, 2013, 06:22 PM »

I don't think Andy will be cold at all.

EJ. World of difference between practising and playing in a tournament.
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

Re: News Articles « Reply #5284 on: February 26, 2013, 06:28 PM »

Makes sense to me, just a shame he didn't play Memphis or Delray so he's not completely cold, but I have faith in Ivan and Andy. They know what they're doing.
Agree.
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: News Articles « Reply #5285 on: February 26, 2013, 07:22 PM »

But I think we should reserve that comment for later. We can speculate all sorts of things but unless he plays and we see the outcome – win or loss, we have no way knowing if he's undercooked or not. I have a feeling he’ll be find this time. His priorities were different last year. Somehow I don’t see him losing in the 1st round but we can come back to this dialogue later.
IP Logged
silver lining
Futures Level

Re: News Articles « Reply #5286 on: February 26, 2013, 11:52 PM »

It can't be worse than last year, so it's worth a shot.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: News Articles « Reply #5287 on: February 27, 2013, 03:05 AM »

I hope it's not going to be too 'exclusive'. I'd love to go.
That's my main concern because if people can afford to stay in a luxury hotel with facilities and grounds to match, then the large and very imposing Gleneagles Hotel is just a few miles away, and is situated in magnificent scenery as well as having it's own golf course.  I'd hate to see Andy's hotel being priced beyond most people's pockets because I think that that could cause the venture to fail.  However, Andy's a canny lad so hopefully will have taken all this into consideration.
IP Logged
*Sparkle*
Challenger Level

Re: News Articles « Reply #5288 on: February 27, 2013, 09:04 AM »

I think the proximity of Gleneagles is part of the reason they are keeping the hotel upmarket.  People on golfing holidays will want to play there, but many won't want to stay there.  It's previously been a "destination" venue for people to go for a nice meal, weddings and weekends away.  One of the main criticisms of the previous incarnation was that it needed a facelift, and that's what it's getting.

It's the wrong venue/location for a budget hotel, and not nearly enough rooms for that to be viable.  With the management company involved (ICMI), they'll know how to keep a handle on costs, and how to pitch prices at the right level.  I'm sure they've already done a lot of sums before the deal was finalised and making the announcement.

Here's a link to the ICMI website, so you can read more about them and the other hotels they manage. http://www.icmi.co.uk/aboutus.html

The article in the Independent was interesting, and it's good to draw attention to what Andy's peers are investing in, but it's spectacularly irrelevant that Andy's spent less on buying this hotel than Rafa is supposed to be spending to remodel a couple of properties.  Andy bought a local property that was available, and presumably at the market price, not as a means to show off how rich he is.   Not only that, but the purchase price is probably only the half of it.

It looks like the hotel's contents weren't part of the sale.  These are being sold off separately by the Eden family at an auction next month. http://www.trscottishauctions.com/2013/0216/index.html
IP Logged
xxdanixx
Seed

Dream big, because little dreams have little magic

Re: News Articles « Reply #5289 on: February 27, 2013, 09:18 AM »

Guys,I saw this as part of a longer article on Laura Robson (which I've posted on her thread) and thought I'd stick it down here,as I hadn't seen it mentioned much anywhere else.I knew his contract was up at the end of last year,but I didn't realise they were still renegotiating it!

"Coincidentally her mixed doubles Olympic silver medal partner Murray's deal with 19 ended at the end of the year and he has been renegotiating with them.

The Murray camp are said to be content with the public relations side of his affairs but much less so with the commercial end, which still sees him without a full quota of major endorsements despite his Olympic and US Open triumphs.

Even his watch deal with Rado - that caused such a comic kerfuffle when he won at Flushing Meadows - is believed to have been brought in by an outside party, so it is far from sure he will re-sign with Fuller on the same basis as before and again other companies are watching developments."

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/tennis/article-2285034/Laura-Robson-track-make-20million-management-companies-fight-signature--EXCLUSIVE.html
IP Logged
angiebabez
Veteran

Andy Murray Wimbledon Champion 2013

Re: News Articles « Reply #5290 on: February 27, 2013, 06:45 PM »

http://www.tennisearth.com/news/tennisNews/Andy-Murray-Then-and-Now-110627.htm
IP Logged
OldScotSupport
ATP Level

Re: News Articles « Reply #5291 on: February 27, 2013, 07:28 PM »

Have just looked at the current Bleachers Report. There were 8 articles. 3 of these were devoted to Nadal; 2 for Federer and 1 for Djokovic. There were 2 others, one of which referred to Roddick.

And that is a website that idolises our Andy - NOT!

What a waste of computer space.
IP Logged
Littlebuddha
Seed

Re: News Articles « Reply #5292 on: February 27, 2013, 07:36 PM »

I am beginning to wonder why all the idiots who write all those articles realize just how great our Andy is.
The people of this country are to blame they are always complaining about him. Yet again on sky sport today they were reading out emails from people with the usual drivel. He has no personality he is dour and so on what a load of ****. Will he ever gain true acceptance in UK.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: News Articles « Reply #5293 on: February 27, 2013, 10:00 PM »

I think the proximity of Gleneagles is part of the reason they are keeping the hotel upmarket.  People on golfing holidays will want to play there, but many won't want to stay there.  It's previously been a "destination" venue for people to go for a nice meal, weddings and weekends away.  One of the main criticisms of the previous incarnation was that it needed a facelift, and that's what it's getting.

It's the wrong venue/location for a budget hotel, and not nearly enough rooms for that to be viable.  With the management company involved (ICMI), they'll know how to keep a handle on costs, and how to pitch prices at the right level.  I'm sure they've already done a lot of sums before the deal was finalised and making the announcement.

Here's a link to the ICMI website, so you can read more about them and the other hotels they manage. http://www.icmi.co.uk/aboutus.html

The article in the Independent was interesting, and it's good to draw attention to what Andy's peers are investing in, but it's spectacularly irrelevant that Andy's spent less on buying this hotel than Rafa is supposed to be spending to remodel a couple of properties.  Andy bought a local property that was available, and presumably at the market price, not as a means to show off how rich he is.   Not only that, but the purchase price is probably only the half of it.

It looks like the hotel's contents weren't part of the sale.  These are being sold off separately by the Eden family at an auction next month. http://www.trscottishauctions.com/2013/0216/index.html
Thanks for the info Sparkle.  I do realise that there are people who wouldn't want to stay in a huge hotel, and you don't have to be a guest to access the facilities at Gleneagles, but I'd still like to think that it will be affordable for those with less well-lined pockets, particularly local people who used it as a venue for wedding receptions and other functions.

I wonder if Andy will go for a full-scale modernisation of the hotel, or furnish it in a more traditional style, as was previously the case?  If anyone wants to have a tour of the hotel before the contents get auctioned off - http://www.hotelscombined.com/Hotel/Cromlix_House_Hotel_Dunblane.htm
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

Re: News Articles « Reply #5294 on: February 27, 2013, 10:22 PM »

All I want to know is how much is it for a pint there?
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 350 351 352 [353] 354 355 356 ... 713 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »