Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  News Articles 0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 353 354 355 [356] 357 358 359 ... 787 Go Down Reply
Author

News Articles

(Read 505293 times)
Elly
Murraymaniac

The mind doubts, but the heart never does.

Re: News Articles « Reply #5325 on: March 02, 2013, 01:29 PM »

^ I don't think he's insincere - just a bit lost...
IP Logged
Connor
John McEnroe

Re: News Articles « Reply #5326 on: March 02, 2013, 01:36 PM »

And I hope he never changes. I wouldn't want him to be another arrogant fed or showy Novak or insincere nadal. He's great down to earth and humorous who knows what's really important.

Btw. Daniel Craig is not cool to me he looks like an old man.

I can assure you Rafa is not insincere.
IP Logged
angiebabez
Veteran

Andy Murray Wimbledon Champion 2013

Re: News Articles « Reply #5327 on: March 02, 2013, 02:15 PM »

I can assure you Rafa is not insincere.

And Daniel Craig is cool.......& fit pwhooarr  Little tongue man
IP Logged
Sabine
Veteran

^_^

Re: News Articles « Reply #5328 on: March 02, 2013, 02:16 PM »

And Daniel Craig is cool.......& fit pwhooarr  Little tongue man

I agree!!!!!! Daniel is hot. yes
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: News Articles « Reply #5329 on: March 02, 2013, 05:28 PM »

^ I don't think he's insincere - just a bit lost...

I agree with this. If anything I think Rafa is almost a bit too sincere at times. There is something almost child-like (not the same as childish) about it.

More than that though, if Federer says something complimentary about an opponent there is always a bit of a sense that he is getting at something, or maybe being a bit snide. Federer never, ever just compliments just for the hell of it. Rafa, on the other hand, is often complimentary about opponents, rarely puts them down. Rafa could have used his head to head against Federer to really stick the boot in at times, and I don't think he ever has.
IP Logged
Elly
Murraymaniac

Re: News Articles « Reply #5330 on: March 02, 2013, 05:43 PM »

I agree with this. If anything I think Rafa is almost a bit too sincere at times. There is something almost child-like (not the same as childish) about it.

More than that though, if Federer says something complimentary about an opponent there is always a bit of a sense that he is getting at something, or maybe being a bit snide. Federer never, ever just compliments just for the hell of it. Rafa, on the other hand, is often complimentary about opponents, rarely puts them down. Rafa could have used his head to head against Federer to really stick the boot in at times, and I don't think he ever has.
I think Rafa has been a little bit like Uncle Toni's puppet.  I wonder how much of his success he wanted for himself?
IP Logged
Littlebuddha
Seed

Re: News Articles « Reply #5331 on: March 02, 2013, 05:51 PM »

I don't think he is insincere but I do feel he is being kept on a tight leash by Uncle Toni perhaps too tight.I feel he would like to say more I think he does'nt like Federer very much. I remember he and the other players wanted a ballot about going on strike about 1 or 2 years ago about prize money. When Smugfed would not agree Rafa resigned from the players council. I think the younger players Rafa,Andy and Nole wanted some changes made and Smugfed would not agree.
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: News Articles « Reply #5332 on: March 02, 2013, 05:52 PM »

I think Rafa has been a little bit like Uncle Toni's puppet.  I wonder how much of his success he wanted for himself?

Ah well, there it is, and I agree completely. I suppose the one side of that is that whatever has gone on has got Rafa to the top of the game, so you have to ask if it really matters. The other side of it is that Rafa can come across as if he's never had an independent thought in his life, which is a bit sad really.
IP Logged
Elly
Murraymaniac

Re: News Articles « Reply #5333 on: March 02, 2013, 05:58 PM »

Ah well, there it is, and I agree completely. I suppose the one side of that is that whatever has gone on has got Rafa to the top of the game, so you have to ask if it really matters. The other side of it is that Rafa can come across as if he's never had an independent thought in his life, which is a bit sad really.
I think it does matter.  Who knows what this gentle man would have done with his life - left to his own devices?
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: News Articles « Reply #5334 on: March 03, 2013, 03:25 AM »

I think it does matter.  Who knows what this gentle man would have done with his life - left to his own devices?
He'd probably have become a golfer.  It was Uncle T who pushed him into tennis when he couldn't decide which of the two sports he really wanted to follow.
IP Logged
tamila
Challenger Level

Re: News Articles « Reply #5335 on: March 03, 2013, 07:28 AM »

I feel sorry for Rafa as I am sure just like everyone else that he has always been under the thumb of Uncle Toni and one wonders, as in the case of some parents, whether Uncle Toni was really the one that wanted sucess.  I have seen this so often with parents who have not suceeded themselves pushing their children too hard,e.g equestrian and dancing competitions.  These children can also have signs of excessive OCD.  I hope that when he finally retires he can do what he wants.  Perhas Uncle |Toni will find another sport etc. that he can excel at in later life!
IP Logged
flowerpower
Challenger Level

Let your racket do the talking

Re: News Articles « Reply #5336 on: March 03, 2013, 09:15 AM »

http://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/tennis/wells-placed.20370852
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: News Articles « Reply #5337 on: March 04, 2013, 01:57 AM »

I always enjoy The Herald's tennis articles, so thanks for posting. Smile
IP Logged
Tasmanian Devil
Challenger Level

Re: News Articles « Reply #5338 on: March 04, 2013, 03:35 PM »

Murray, Henman sign up for Rally Against Cancer

http://www.justgiving.com/RallyAgainstCancer2013.

IP Logged
angiebabez
Veteran

Andy Murray Wimbledon Champion 2013

Re: News Articles « Reply #5339 on: March 04, 2013, 05:44 PM »

A Telegraph article on Lendls views on rafas comeback

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/tennis/rafaelnadal/9907559/Rafael-Nadal-comeback-is-too-early-to-judge-says-Andy-Murrays-coach-Ivan-Lendl.html
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 353 354 355 [356] 357 358 359 ... 787 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »