Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
Andy Murray vs Novak Djokovic, Friday, Time - 6:30pm GMT - Discuss the match
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  News Articles 2 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 354 355 356 [357] 358 359 360 ... 758 Go Down Reply
Author

News Articles

(Read 477252 times)
Elly
Murraymaniac

The mind doubts, but the heart never does.

Re: News Articles « Reply #5340 on: March 04, 2013, 05:47 PM »

^ Pretty good comment from Lendl.  Who can say how Nadal will perform.  He may be very hungry and play out of his skin.  I'm pleased to see him back.  Sick of Fed and the Joker. 
IP Logged
angiebabez
Veteran

Andy Murray Wimbledon Champion 2013

Re: News Articles « Reply #5341 on: March 04, 2013, 05:49 PM »

Yeah Ivan always talks a lot of sense......that's when they can get him to talk Wink
IP Logged
Elly
Murraymaniac

Re: News Articles « Reply #5342 on: March 04, 2013, 05:53 PM »

Yeah Ivan always talks a lot of sense......that's when they can get him to talk Wink
He (Lendl) comes across as very 'contained', and maybe, in turn, that allows Andy to be more expressive.  However, the relationship seems to work, and that'll do for me!
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: News Articles « Reply #5343 on: March 04, 2013, 05:54 PM »

It's pathetic isn't it? And as far as I can see we're the only nation that do it. I envy the support the Americans get in the US.

Not only the Americans - The Aussies, the Canadians and most of the other nations are extremely supportive of their players. I am not saying that you are bounded by rules and regulations to like your player because he or she from the same country– feel free to like or dislike but the comments were just below the belt. You can tell that the comments are no longer just on tennis level – it’s far more personal which boggles my mind. And then if you take into account the likes of Wade and the comms you have etc., who should actually be more supportive given their backgrounds, but they are not and that just doesn’t make any sense. It’s quite pathetic. Sometimes I wish he was born in some other country.
IP Logged
xxdanixx
Seed

Dream big, because little dreams have little magic

Re: News Articles « Reply #5344 on: March 04, 2013, 09:12 PM »

Ahh,according to twitter Andy just finished a practice session (which was crammed with spectators) and got a big round of applause from the crowd after spending 10 minutes after practice signing every last autograph.He's so kind!
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: News Articles « Reply #5345 on: March 05, 2013, 03:10 AM »

Goodness that lady's name's like a ghost from the past!  I had a school chum called that - not that I think it's the same person, but you never know.

Lendl's only talking sense really - and as usual he stays stum about Andy.
IP Logged
flowerpower
Challenger Level

Let your racket do the talking

Re: News Articles « Reply #5346 on: March 05, 2013, 07:29 PM »

http://nl.wikipedia.org/wiki/Andy_Murray

Saw on internet (Dutch version...) that the nick-name of Andy is "Lazy English" They sais he got this one at Sanchez-Casal Academy? Never heared of...Don't see it in the English version of Wiki!

In the English version the quote about this period is: It was a big sacrifice. From this article; read this....

http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/2007/jun/09/tennis.features
[ Last edit by flowerpower March 05, 2013, 08:44 PM ] IP Logged
flowerpower
Challenger Level

Let your racket do the talking

Re: News Articles « Reply #5347 on: March 05, 2013, 07:46 PM »

Tweet from one hour ago....without pic. Everything is news these days though?

Andy Murray practicing with Stan Wawrinka on the main stadium. Maybe they can reminisce about playing Djokovic down under?
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: News Articles « Reply #5348 on: March 05, 2013, 09:08 PM »

Strangely Murray hasn't signed up to Monte Carlo yet. Deadline is in two weeks. He hasn't signed up for Barcelona either (deadline next week).
IP Logged
angiebabez
Veteran

Andy Murray Wimbledon Champion 2013

Re: News Articles « Reply #5349 on: March 05, 2013, 09:12 PM »

Strangely Murray hasn't signed up to Monte Carlo yet. Deadline is in two weeks. He hasn't signed up for Barcelona either (deadline next week).

That is weird   Think
IP Logged
Elly
Murraymaniac

Re: News Articles « Reply #5350 on: March 05, 2013, 09:15 PM »

^ Is a bit, but then, maybe he's just taking his time...
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: News Articles « Reply #5351 on: March 05, 2013, 11:45 PM »

Maybe he's decided to skip Barcelona this year?  It certainly isn't down as being one of his tournaments on am.com, but Monte Carlo is, with the following comment by Andy -

Being the first clay court tournament of the season, it’s probably one of the more physically demanding in terms of the adjustment your body has to make from one surface to another. That being said though, it is probably one of the easiest on the eye, the views are a incredible and there are always plenty of nice cars and boats on display.

However we don't know when that comment was made and am.com isn't always reliable, but I'd have thought that, if his aim is to win RG, then he'd want to play there and that Lendl would feel the same.  Maybe though they're waiting to see how Andy gets on in IW before deciding?  Shrug
IP Logged
IonaRed
Challenger Level

Re: News Articles « Reply #5352 on: March 06, 2013, 12:56 AM »

http://iloveandymurray.tumblr.com/post/44664732569/andys-latest-blog-indian-wells#_=_

After a solid training block in Miami for the last three weeks with Ivan and the team, I’ve finally arrived out in Indian Wells, it’s a great tournament and the weather isn’t too bad either!

It was good being back in Miami after a short break at home in the UK. In between training sessions I managed to sneak in a few Miami Heat games, it’s great to see them doing so well, they’re playing well and LeBron and Wade are on fire at the moment! I also got a chance to go and watch some Ice Hockey with Ivan, which was really interesting, as I’ve never really watched it before. It’s so fast, so you can’t really look away for a second. The guys that play are incredible athletes to watch, and they take some big hits.

However, it’s not all been American sports, I have still managed to keep up to date with the Premier League and the football back at home. I’ve managed to catch some of the big games and particularly the Champion’s League ties which have been great. I always like to keep up to date with the results just incase any changes are needed in my fantasy team and I’m pleased to say my team is ticking along nicely.

The BBC were also out with us in Miami doing some filming for a documentary that’s coming out just before Wimbledon which is pretty exciting, but more about that nearer the time.

Indian Wells is an amazing place and its great to be out here, despite being pretty much in the middle of the desert, it draws in some of the best crowds we see on the tour all year so its always got a great atmosphere. The courts are built right by the mountains, and any of you that like me on Facebook will have seen it provides some great back drops for photos!

My first match of the tournament is coming this weekend so I’ll be taking it a little easier this week, just fine tuning and putting into practice the stuff I’ve worked on over the last few weeks. As always, I’ve prepared well so now it’s a case of getting out on the court and playing my tennis, can’t wait.

The documentary sounds interesting. 
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

You (still) ain't seen nothing yet..

Re: News Articles « Reply #5353 on: March 06, 2013, 03:53 AM »

Where's Andy Ireland?

Jonathan Overend‏@5livetennis

Andy Murray working with Tim Henman's old physio Johan De Beer this week.

IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

You (still) ain't seen nothing yet..

Re: News Articles « Reply #5354 on: March 06, 2013, 03:56 AM »

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/tennis/21680155?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Andy Murray to face Donskoy or Ito in Indian Wells

Andy Murray will return to action at Indian Wells this weekend with the world number two ranking in his sights.

The Briton could overtake Roger Federer in the rankings  if he reaches the final and the Swiss falls before the semis.

Third seed Murray has a bye in round one and opens against Evgeny Donskoy or Tatsuma Ito on Saturday or Sunday.

Murray's potential route
•Round 1: Bye
•R2: Evgeny Donskoy (Russia, ranked 83)
•R3: Martin Klizan (Svk, 26)
•R4: Kei Nishikori (Jpn, 16)
•Q/F : Juan Martin del Potro (Arg, 7)
•S/F: Novak Djokovic (Ser, 1)
•Final: Roger Federer (Swi, 2)

The BNP Paribas Open will see Murray, Federer, Novak Djokovic and Rafael Nadal at the same tournament for the first time since Wimbledon last summer.

Nadal was out for seven months with a serious knee injury before returning to action on clay in Latin America last month, and Indian Wells will be the first test of his knee on the more punishing hard courts.

The Spaniard will play Ryan Harrison or Go Soeda in his first match and, having slipped to fifth in the rankings, could face Federer as early as the quarter-finals.

World number one Djokovic has made a 13-0 unbeaten start to the season in tour matches and opens against Fabio Fognini or Aljaz Bedene in Indian Wells, with Murray a potential semi-final opponent.

The Scot will be playing for the first time since losing to Djokovic in the Australian Open final in January.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 354 355 356 [357] 358 359 360 ... 758 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »