Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  News Articles 0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 355 356 357 [358] 359 360 361 ... 777 Go Down Reply
Author

News Articles

(Read 494976 times)
angiebabez
Veteran

Andy Murray Wimbledon Champion 2013

Re: News Articles « Reply #5355 on: March 06, 2013, 08:53 AM »

Thats one documentary I will look forward to Smile
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

Give me your JMac, Henman, Cash & 2 balls.

Re: News Articles « Reply #5356 on: March 06, 2013, 04:58 PM »

This is a very good, but lengthy article. I've highlighted what stood out for me.

http://www.laureus.com/news/breakthrough-award-nominee-andy-murray-talks-laureus

Breakthrough Award Nominee Andy Murray talks to Laureus

Question: Can you choose between the Olympics or the US Open as the best moment in the year, or for you was it something else?

Andy Murray: It’s a tough one. The Olympics was different to anything I had experienced before to be honest. I think I might have to take that after I lost in the Wimbledon final four weeks beforehand against Roger Federer. It was an incredibly tough moment for me that. And then to get the opportunity to play against him - it was literally four weeks to the day - on the same court and to win a gold medal for the country was something I’ll never forget.

Question: Did you approach the Federer final at Wimbledon differently than you approached the Olympic final?

Andy Murray: I think it was just good to have had that experience. When I played Roger in the Wimbledon final, I think that was maybe his ninth Wimbledon final, so I was coming in there with very little experience compared to him. So I think I learned a lot from that match, and went about the final of the Olympics the right way and obviously got the right result.

Question: Did the gold medal at the Olympics give you the boost you needed for the US Open?

Andy Murray: I think it helped in some ways, but I know that before I played Novak Djokovic in the US Open final, it was the most nervous I’d been before a big match in my career. You know I was doubting myself a lot. You’re asking a lot of questions about whether you’re going to be able to do it, playing against the No 1 player in the world, someone that’s been so great on the hard courts the last few years. So I don’t think that the Olympics was the reason why I won the US Open, but winning events like that will obviously improve your confidence and hopefully you’ll gain experience from it.

Question: It was an outstanding year. What changed last year, or what made your game click last year?

Andy Murray: I don’t know exactly what changed, I think I learned a lot in the Australian Open last year. I had a great match with Djokovic in the semi-finals, it was 7-5 in the fifth set, that was five hours nearly, I lost but, I had chances and it came down to the last few points, and I think I gained a lot of belief from that match. I knew that I could last physically with him and also dictated long periods of the match and it was just nice to come off the court in a big match, not really having any regrets, and I think that changed a few things.

Question: You came very close to winning the Australian Open last month, what are your realistic targets for the rest of 2013?

Andy Murray: Preparation and consistency are key for me this year and I’m going into every tournament I play with the aim of winning it.  I’m in a good place right now and I’m working hard with my team on every aspect of my game.
IP Logged
Tasmanian Devil
Challenger Level

Re: News Articles « Reply #5357 on: March 06, 2013, 06:29 PM »

I had a school chum called that - not that I think it's the same person, but you never know.

lol  It's me, but I was named after my granny.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: News Articles « Reply #5358 on: March 06, 2013, 10:51 PM »

lol  It's me, but I was named after my granny.
So definitely not the Eileen I knew. Very Happy   
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: News Articles « Reply #5359 on: March 07, 2013, 08:03 AM »

stevegtennis‏@stevegtennis

Patrick McEnroe suggests that 'Del Potro won't win another major' at Nadal/DelPo NYC Exo, Djokovic & Murray with too much game
IP Logged
xxdanixx
Seed

Dream big, because little dreams have little magic

Re: News Articles « Reply #5360 on: March 07, 2013, 09:18 AM »

Andy Murray to star in BBC documentary

ANDY Murray is to be the subject of a major BBC documentary to be aired just before Wimbledon.

The tennis star has allowed the cameras to follow him around as he prepares to become the first British player to win the title for 77 years.

As well as following his progress on court, the film is expected to provide an insight into his private life and how he relaxes away from tennis.

A BBC crew joined Murray during his recent training stint in Miami, Florida, where he owns an apartment and lives for part of the year.

His girlfriend Kim Sears was also present for the behind-the-scenes shoot and brought the couple’s beloved terrier dogs Maggie and Rusty to the city for the first time.

The world No 3 has been undergoing a tough training regime under the watchful eye of coach Ivan Lendl, as he prepares for the rest of the tennis season. US Open champion Murray, 25, confirmed details of the programme on his official website yesterday.

He said: “The BBC were also out with us in Miami doing some filming for a documentary that’s coming out just before Wimbledon, which is pretty exciting, but more about that nearer the time.”

The Scot told how he has also been using his time in Miami to relax by going to watch basketball games and ice hockey.

He said: “It was good being back in Miami after a short break at home in the UK. In between training sessions I managed to sneak in a few Miami Heat games, it’s great to see them doing so well.”

http://www.scotsman.com/the-scotsman/scotland/andy-murray-to-star-in-bbc-documentary-1-2823548#.UTf1h09YIm4.twitter
IP Logged
angiebabez
Veteran

Andy Murray Wimbledon Champion 2013

Re: News Articles « Reply #5361 on: March 07, 2013, 09:46 AM »

Cannot wait for this Smile thanks dani
IP Logged
Grabcopy
Veteran

I know I'm paranoid. But am I paranoid enough?

Re: News Articles « Reply #5362 on: March 07, 2013, 09:56 AM »

Happy birthday, Mr Lendl.
IP Logged
xxdanixx
Seed

Re: News Articles « Reply #5363 on: March 07, 2013, 10:03 AM »

Cannot wait for this Smile thanks dani

No problem Angie,I'm really looking forward to it too! Smile Sounds like it's going to be great.

Although,I dunno,I have my doubts that the article is right about Kim being involved.Don't get me wrong,it'll be really cool if she is,it's just she and Andy have always been so careful to try and keep her privacy as intact as possible and well away from all the media stuff.I mean,if the documentary really does go into his private life then I guess it makes sense to feature her,seeing as she's such a big part of that.I'd just be a bit surprised!Still,what do I know really-all I'm going on is my time as an Andy fan,when whoever wrote that article probably has sources & knows far more about the documentary than they were allowed to write.

Guess we'll see when it airs anyway!Wish it wasn't so far away though,I hate waiting.
IP Logged
*Sparkle*
Challenger Level

Re: News Articles « Reply #5364 on: March 07, 2013, 10:17 AM »

I think that's speculation, and all they have is what Andy already told us.  He used the term "we", which I assumed meant his team, but I suppose she might feature in some footage.
IP Logged
xxdanixx
Seed

Re: News Articles « Reply #5365 on: March 07, 2013, 10:26 AM »

I think that's speculation, and all they have is what Andy already told us.  He used the term "we", which I assumed meant his team, but I suppose she might feature in some footage.

Ahh,that makes sense!Maybe they'll have her in some background shots or something-suppose seeing as she's in Miami with him they can't just have filmed it like she doesn't exist lol!

Anyway,whoever is in it or not in it,it sounds like it's going to be really interesting-and whatevar they cover/don't cover, I'm never going to not enjoy a whole documentary devoted to Andy! Smile
IP Logged
ChrisMac
World No 1

Re: News Articles « Reply #5366 on: March 07, 2013, 12:35 PM »

Thanks Dani, really looking forward to that, think I will record it while watching, so I can always watch again! Smile
IP Logged
xxdanixx
Seed

Re: News Articles « Reply #5367 on: March 07, 2013, 04:37 PM »

This is an extract from an interview Lendl did with his academy's website today.I'm putting this bit here,because it refers to Andy,but I'll post the full piece in Lendl's thread,for anyone interested Smile

"Without giving away any secrets, what has it been like to coach a young man at the top of the world, or almost at the top of the world?

"Working with Andy is great. He's a hard worker and I knew that before we decided we were going to work together. Because if he wasn't, I probably wouldn't be doing that if I wasn't convinced he was going to work really hard. So there is nothing he is not going to do if he believes it is going to help him. Whether it's a lot of yoga, he works extremely hard off the court, he works extremely hard on the court and all those things. That makes it fun because you can always feel good about whatever the result. Even if he didn't win the Australian Open, I feel good about it because I feel that he has gotten better through the preparation for the Australian. That he was worked really hard in practice; he had a very good tournament. Unfortunately, Novak won, but Novak played like the No. 1 in the world should play. Hopefully soon we can reverse it."

What is the biggest challenge in working with Andy for you and/or Andy?

"I can not speak for Andy so I am not going to. For me, the travel. I don't like the travel. I have traveled so much in my life that whenever I have to go somewhere, it's the worst part of what we do together. The best parts are when we are on the court and we are preparing and practicing. I like the practice weeks a lot more than the tournament weeks because it's more fun. You get to interact more and also you see how much better he can get or how much he is getting."

http://lendltennis.com/blogs/147/?utm_campaign=Ivan&utm_source=6372&utm_term=&utm_medium=Twitter%3A+IvanLendlIJTA
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

Give me your JMac, Henman, Cash & 2 balls.

Re: News Articles « Reply #5368 on: March 07, 2013, 07:44 PM »

On the menu: Michel Roux wants Scots for Andy Murray's hotel restaurant

CELEBRITY chef Michel Roux Jr has confirmed that he and his father Albert Roux OBE are looking to recruit young Scots chefs and other staff to help them run the hotel bought by Andy Murray near his home town of Dunblane.

The tennis star has taken over Cromlix House Hotel and it will have a fine dining Chez Roux restaurant offering locally-sourced produce when it re-opens after extensive refurbishment next spring.

Speaking to City of Glasgow College HND hospitality management students yesterday, at a lunch featuring his own recipes cooked and served by students, Roux Jr said: "The first thing that springs to mind when we hear the word Scotland is the wonderful fresh produce that is the envy of the world.

"And the second thing is the sheer passion of the Scots.

"Both of these are vitally important in cooking. I am very impressed with the improvements in the quality of cooking and service here in recent years and can say hand on heart that the food industry in Scotland is very healthy.

"I can see the students' classical French training shining out in this food. It's not dressed up in poncy foams or clumsy smears; it's as it should be."

The Masterchef judge and head chef at the two-Michelin-star Le Gavroche in London added: "We're expanding our little empire here with Cromlix House Hotel and it will be staffed by Scots chefs and front of house.

"My father adores Scotland and has recruited several young Scots chefs in his Chez Roux restaurants here. Hopefully some of the students present here today will be part of the McRoux clan."

The City of Glasgow students cooked rabbit terrine cooked in Chablis, stuffed saddle of lamb with spinach and dauphinoise potatoes and a chocolate and pear tart.

Albert Roux was also in Glasgow yesterday to judge the ScotHot 2013 Scottish Chef of the Year competition.

The college's professional cookery course has an enviable reputation, and now has a record waiting list of 242.

http://www.heraldscotland.com/news/home-news/roux-recruiting-scots-for-murray-hotel-restaurant.20432284
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: News Articles « Reply #5369 on: March 08, 2013, 02:28 AM »

^ thumb up  The more I hear about this hotel the more I like it. Smile

Anyway I'm putting in an advanced order for cullen skink, followed by haggis, neeps and tatties, then either a clootie dumpling (if it's winter) or cranachan (if summer), finished off with oatcakes and Orkney cheese. lol
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 355 356 357 [358] 359 360 361 ... 777 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »