Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  News Articles 0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 361 362 363 [364] 365 366 367 ... 640 Go Down Reply
Author Topic: News Articles  (Read 356718 times)
blueberryhill
Veteran

Re: News Articles « Reply #5445 on: March 16, 2013, 01:46 PM »

I cant even think about that, my light will go out then. My eyes are watering just typing this line. 

Did you like/watch tennis before Andy?
I shall be sad when Andy retires, hopefully he'll play for another 4-5 years, this, in spite of what his critics say is a very special time for his fans and his country.
However, my serious tennis watching goes way back and I'll always love this beautiful game yay
Already casting an appreciative eye on young Dimitrov Wink and looking forward to seeing how some of our talented youngsters develop.
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: News Articles « Reply #5446 on: March 16, 2013, 06:47 PM »

It's a pity more people don't appreciate what a special time it is bbh.  Like you I loved tennis before I loved Andy but have to admit my love of tennis has intensified 100fold because of Andy so it will be a sad day when he puts his racquet down,   But keep your blueberry stained mitts off Grigor - I got there first  Little tongue man
IP Logged
matchpoint
Futures Level

Re: News Articles « Reply #5447 on: March 16, 2013, 07:49 PM »

I cant even think about that, my light will go out then. My eyes are watering just typing this line. 

Yes chris, I agree it'll be a sad day when Andy hangs up his racquet. My level of support has so taken me by surprise, that I can't picture replicating it for another player.
I think this quote sums it up best as regards my tennis watching: "Anyone can catch your eye, but it takes someone special to catch your heart."
IP Logged
Fiverings
ATP Level

Andy Murray - Tennis Legend

Re: News Articles « Reply #5448 on: March 16, 2013, 08:38 PM »

Yes chris, I agree it'll be a sad day when Andy hangs up his racquet. My level of support has so taken me by surprise, that I can't picture replicating it for another player.
I think this quote sums it up best as regards my tennis watching: "Anyone can catch your eye, but it takes someone special to catch your heart."

Actually I think Andy will still be worth watching when he leaves the tour. He's a very clever bloke, devoted to tennis and sport in general. Its still in the unforseeable future, but i don't see him vanishing into the history books.
IP Logged
Milly87
Futures Level

Re: News Articles « Reply #5449 on: March 16, 2013, 10:45 PM »

Andy Murray's defeat to Juan Martin Del Potro at BNP Paribas Open may do him a favour - Telegraph http://t.co/5THAxgHbNP

Decent article, Andy says he would absolutely take his break after Australian Open again because its about benefiting (sp?)  long term not just in your first tournament plus the match with JMDP has highlighted what has and hasn't paid off from the Miami training block so he knows what more needs to be done heading in to Miami Masters.
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

You (still) ain't seen nothing yet..

Re: News Articles « Reply #5450 on: March 16, 2013, 11:00 PM »

^Thanks for the article, Milly. I always love to hear what the man himself says.
And like I said earlier.. Onwards and upwards, Andy!

“A hundred per cent I would take that break again,” he said. “You have to look further down the road sometimes and not just focus on one event.

"The tour is extremely hard and physical and I hope by taking a break now – I wasn’t expecting to play perfect tennis this week or play my best – when I get to French Open, Wimbledon time, hopefully I’ll be a bit fresher than I have been the past few years.”

“I need to just keep working and see the things I can improve on, because obviously it doesn’t matter how much you practise – you can hit the ball great in practise or work on loads of things but when you’re in those tight situations, you can’t substitute match play and playing in tournaments.

"So, it’s good that I managed to get four matches here and a couple of doubles. Hopefully that will help me in Miami.”

IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Re: News Articles « Reply #5451 on: March 17, 2013, 07:54 AM »

Andy Murray's defeat to Juan Martin Del Potro at BNP Paribas Open may do him a favour - Telegraph http://t.co/5THAxgHbNP

Decent article, Andy says he would absolutely take his break after Australian Open again because its about benefiting (sp?)  long term not just in your first tournament plus the match with JMDP has highlighted what has and hasn't paid off from the Miami training block so he knows what more needs to be done heading in to Miami Masters.
Thanks Milly.  That article makes me feel a lot better.  After years not playing delpo, it's quite possible he could be playing him frequently in next few months so it's good if it has reminded him how to play him (though in IW he seems to have been pretty unplayable).  I like Andy's long term thinking.
IP Logged
blueberryhill
Veteran

Re: News Articles « Reply #5452 on: March 17, 2013, 08:56 AM »

Both Andy and Nole need to learn how to deal with that slice, and fast. How ironic that a normal tactic of Andy's was used so effectively against him. Wake up Andy!
IP Logged
Iluvandy
Seed

Re: News Articles « Reply #5453 on: March 17, 2013, 12:12 PM »

Sums it up for me too MP.   I've enjoyed watching lots of players over the years but it was fairly easy to find someone new to support as the old one moved on.    Before Andy the player I liked best was Pat Cash but I know I'll never be so involved with another player as I am with Andy.   He's the only one who can get me to set my alarm for 3 a.m.!!!!     
IP Logged
Katie
ATP Level

Andy Murray - US Open and Wimbledon champion! :)

Re: News Articles « Reply #5454 on: March 17, 2013, 12:25 PM »

Both Andy and Nole need to learn how to deal with that slice, and fast. How ironic that a normal tactic of Andy's was used so effectively against him. Wake up Andy!

I seem to remember Federer using the slice well against Andy in the past too. It's always a shot I enjoy seeing - one of the reasons why I liked Andy's game in the first place. I never thought Delpo would be able to use it so well, good to see him introduce a bit of variety into his game, even if he was forced to because of the wrist problem.
IP Logged
ChrisMac
World No 1

Re: News Articles « Reply #5455 on: March 17, 2013, 12:47 PM »

I think that Andy and Novak play better on a faster court and Indian Wells is quite slow, which suits Del Po, so that may be a factor to take into consideration.
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Re: News Articles « Reply #5456 on: March 17, 2013, 01:09 PM »

I think that Andy and Novak play better on a faster court and Indian Wells is quite slow, which suits Del Po, so that may be a factor to take into consideration.
Yes they say IW has odd combination of slow court but balls moving fast through the air.
IP Logged
ChrisMac
World No 1

Re: News Articles « Reply #5457 on: March 17, 2013, 06:07 PM »

Did you like/watch tennis before Andy?
I shall be sad when Andy retires, hopefully he'll play for another 4-5 years, this, in spite of what his critics say is a very special time for his fans and his country.
However, my serious tennis watching goes way back and I'll always love this beautiful game yay
Already casting an appreciative eye on young Dimitrov Wink and looking forward to seeing how some of our talented youngsters develop.

Yes, I have always loved the tennis, been watching for years, but must admit never set the alarm for silly o'clock to watch any tennis player, even though I had quite a few favourites in the woman and mens. Andy Murray just captured my heart when I first watched him as this wee skinny lad and I thought he played brilliant even though he lost, after that I followed him nonstop to where he is today. I don't think I will ever be so passionate for the game when Andy no longer plays.
IP Logged
blueberryhill
Veteran

Re: News Articles « Reply #5458 on: March 17, 2013, 06:09 PM »

^ Lol, it's so bloody exhausting being an Andy fan, hope I don't.
IP Logged
tamila
Challenger Level

Re: News Articles « Reply #5459 on: March 17, 2013, 06:17 PM »

I have always followed tennis even as a teenager as my family played and my father played for the army and was an umpire.  I remember the day of Nastase etc.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 361 362 363 [364] 365 366 367 ... 640 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »