Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
Andy Murray vs David Ferrer, Saturday, Time: 2pm BST - Discuss the match
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  News Articles 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 362 363 364 [365] 366 367 368 ... 755 Go Down Reply
Author

News Articles

(Read 468968 times)
Grabcopy
Veteran

I know I'm paranoid. But am I paranoid enough?

Re: News Articles « Reply #5460 on: March 17, 2013, 06:30 PM »

my father played for the army

My dad played for the RAF. He played in the Forces Championships at Wimbledon.
IP Logged
blueberryhill
World No 1

Re: News Articles « Reply #5461 on: March 17, 2013, 06:40 PM »

Sorry Andy  my heart has been stolen away....
IP Logged
silver lining
Futures Level

Re: News Articles « Reply #5462 on: March 17, 2013, 06:57 PM »

I think that Andy and Novak play better on a faster court and Indian Wells is quite slow, which suits Del Po, so that may be a factor to take into consideration.

Not really. I mean, Novak excels at the Aussie Open and that is one of the slowest, high-bouncing courts (it was slightly faster this year) on tour. Andy also has much more success against Novak on faster surfaces. The H2H on faster courts is 5-2 in Andy's favour or sth. similar. They don't play the same game, despite what a lot of people say. Although I'm not really sure what Andy's game is at the moment.
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: News Articles « Reply #5463 on: March 17, 2013, 08:27 PM »

Sorry Andy  my heart has been stolen away....
oh bbh fickle could be your middle name  shocking
IP Logged
robbie
Top Seed

Your goals minus your doubts equal your reality

Re: News Articles « Reply #5464 on: March 17, 2013, 08:33 PM »

My dad played for the RAF. He played in the Forces Championships at Wimbledon.
Bet your Grandfather played for the Luftwaffe Nige?
IP Logged
Elena
Seed

Re: News Articles « Reply #5465 on: March 18, 2013, 12:38 AM »

Andy Murray confident his form will return after defeat to Juan Martin Del Potro in BNP Paribas Open

Andy Murray believes that Ivan Lendl is the key: once he is reunited with his impassive coach in the heat and humidity of Miami, all will be well.

.....“Obviously having him around helps everyone because of his experience, his understanding of the game and these sort of situations,” Murray said. “When I spoke to him after my last match and I wasn’t happy with the way I played, he’s very much like, don’t worry about it, you can’t expect to play perfect all the time.

Full article at  http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/tennis/9936140/Andy-Murray-confident-his-form-will-return-after-defeat-to-Juan-Martin-Del-Potro-in-BNP-Paribas-Open.html
IP Logged
blueberryhill
World No 1

Re: News Articles « Reply #5466 on: March 18, 2013, 07:35 AM »

oh bbh fickle could be your middle name  shocking

and proud...Wink
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Re: News Articles « Reply #5467 on: March 18, 2013, 12:07 PM »

Andy Murray confident his form will return after defeat to Juan Martin Del Potro in BNP Paribas Open

Andy Murray believes that Ivan Lendl is the key: once he is reunited with his impassive coach in the heat and humidity of Miami, all will be well.

.....“Obviously having him around helps everyone because of his experience, his understanding of the game and these sort of situations,” Murray said. “When I spoke to him after my last match and I wasn’t happy with the way I played, he’s very much like, don’t worry about it, you can’t expect to play perfect all the time.

Full article at  http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/tennis/9936140/Andy-Murray-confident-his-form-will-return-after-defeat-to-Juan-Martin-Del-Potro-in-BNP-Paribas-Open.html
nice positive article thanks elena.  Second decent piece by the Telegraph since the QFs,
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

You (still) ain't seen nothing yet..

Re: News Articles « Reply #5468 on: March 18, 2013, 12:13 PM »

Thanks for the article, Elena. I also liked how he feels comfortable in Miami.:

“I would hope by Miami I should be playing much better than I did last week. I obviously know the conditions well there, I practice there regularly, I’m comfortable in Miami. I feel like when I play on those courts I can open up a bit more, play aggressive and time the ball better so I would hope that if I can get through a round or two in Miami I’ll start to play better and better.”

And this answered my own question about how much fitter he thinks he needs to be:

"Especially physically as well, doesn’t matter how much training you do, when you play matches it’s different movements, you can’t really replicate it so that’s what I needed.”
IP Logged
Elena
Seed

Re: News Articles « Reply #5469 on: March 18, 2013, 12:24 PM »

I was pleased to see what Lendl actually said - I do find it irritating when commentators say Lendl won't let him get away with that, or Lendl will be telling him this etc. Greg R was doing it at the AO, and I was hoping Ross, who was in the studio and probably knows far more about the Andy/Ivan relatrionship, might say something. But maybe Ross is too nice!
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

You (still) ain't seen nothing yet..

Re: News Articles « Reply #5470 on: March 18, 2013, 12:33 PM »

^I always like to hear what comes directly from Andy and Lendl. They're the only ones who really know. yes
IP Logged
angiebabez
Veteran

Andy Murray Wimbledon Champion 2013

Re: News Articles « Reply #5471 on: March 18, 2013, 05:20 PM »

Article in The Scotsman about how andy feels at home back in miami

http://m.scotsman.com/sport/tennis/miami-s-nice-for-andy-murray-after-desert-test-1-2842377
IP Logged
Littlebuddha
Seed

Re: News Articles « Reply #5472 on: March 18, 2013, 06:22 PM »

Nole was also beaten by Del Potro and he put up a good fight against Rafa too. He has certainly got better so all the top ranked player will have to find a way of dealing with him. I am sure they will be thinking about how they are all going to deal with it.
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Re: News Articles « Reply #5473 on: March 18, 2013, 09:59 PM »

Article in The Scotsman about how andy feels at home back in miami

http://m.scotsman.com/sport/tennis/miami-s-nice-for-andy-murray-after-desert-test-1-2842377
And, as Lendl kept reminding him in daily telephone conversations, Murray could not expect to play his best after taking a six-week break following the Australian Open final.

I think some on MW could do with daily phone calls from Mr L to help them keep things in perspective  Whistle

IP Logged
wimbledonwestie
ATP Level

Re: News Articles « Reply #5474 on: March 18, 2013, 10:20 PM »

I think some on MW could do with daily phone calls from Mr L to help them keep things in perspective  Whistle

Hee hee! lol  But very true. Why trouble trouble til touble troubles you!
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 362 363 364 [365] 366 367 368 ... 755 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »