Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
Andy Murray vs Fabio Fognini, Thursday, Estimated time - 1:45pm BST - Discuss the match
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  News Articles 0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 364 365 366 [367] 368 369 370 ... 755 Go Down Reply
Author

News Articles

(Read 465660 times)
scotnadian
World No 1

You (still) ain't seen nothing yet..

Re: News Articles « Reply #5490 on: March 22, 2013, 09:38 PM »

More on the Lendl interview:

"I don't think you become good by having low expectations, and if the player has high expectations, then the coach has to have high expectations as well."

IP Logged
angiebabez
Veteran

Andy Murray Wimbledon Champion 2013

Re: News Articles « Reply #5491 on: March 23, 2013, 08:53 AM »

^ I'm falling a little in love with Ivan  wub
IP Logged
flowerpower
Challenger Level

Let your racket do the talking

Re: News Articles « Reply #5492 on: March 23, 2013, 10:06 AM »

http://www.sonyopentennis.com/Tennis/Media/Videos/Uploaded/2013/3/22/Miami-2013-Murray-Radio-Interview.aspx

IP Logged
ChrisMac
World No 1

Re: News Articles « Reply #5493 on: March 23, 2013, 11:20 AM »

Thanks flowerpower, I enjoyed that! Smile
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

You (still) ain't seen nothing yet..

Re: News Articles « Reply #5494 on: March 23, 2013, 12:17 PM »

Brilliant, thanks fp!
Love hearing Andy when he's relaxed. Thought it was funny when he said he got a good deal when bought his Miami Heat box the day before LeBron James & Co hit the big-time, and now they are worth probably double what he paid, and that he sells his season tickets when he's not there. A canny Scot! lmao
Must say, I'm surprised he hasn't actually met any of the players, especially LeBron - who tweeted him when he won the USO. He thinks they won't know who he is.
Also thought it was hilarious when one of the interviewers said it must have felt great at the Olympics to beat Federer for the first time...!! Andy's reaction: "What do you mean?.. Beating Federer?.. I beat Federer for the first time when I was 19 and I've played him like 18 times!"

Such a lovely start to my day.
roflmao  Heart Heart Heart
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: News Articles « Reply #5495 on: March 23, 2013, 12:18 PM »

enjoyed the interview but the interviewer seemed v confused as to whom Andy beat where and when.
And matchpoint thanks for those stats - pretty impressive.  It does suggest Andy can hold his head up among the greats of the game.
IP Logged
Elena
Seed

Re: News Articles « Reply #5496 on: March 23, 2013, 12:47 PM »

Great interviews, thanks Linda and fp. Agree about the Federer question - hilarious! They said they were advised to stay off tennis questions - probably wise, they didn't seem to know too much about it, or Andy!
IP Logged
angiebabez
Veteran

Re: News Articles « Reply #5497 on: March 24, 2013, 10:51 AM »

Current bleacher report

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1578981-andy-murray-smashes-potential-star-bernard-tomic-at-miamis-sony-open
IP Logged
*Sparkle*
Challenger Level

Re: News Articles « Reply #5498 on: March 24, 2013, 11:36 AM »

Great interviews, thanks Linda and fp. Agree about the Federer question - hilarious! They said they were advised to stay off tennis questions - probably wise, they didn't seem to know too much about it, or Andy!
No, there seemed to be a great deal of confusion.  At first there was a possibility that they'd just left the sentence hanging, omitting the qualification that it was the first time Andy had beaten Roger in a best of 5, or at Wimbledon/on grass, but then they seemed to repeat it.  Then the other one seemed to think he beat Roger at the US Open.

That said, their opening questions were clearly a set-up for Andy to suck up to the local listeners by raving about Miami when they asked why he lived here and what he liked about it, and Andy just gave sensible, matter of fact answers, so they were probably rolling their eyes at him too! Very Happy

I think it's apparent that Andy does feel that winning Olympic Gold was his favourite moment of his career, but he knows that he's supposed to say the US Open, and is almost apologising for it, and having to give excuses.  Granted, the fact it was a home Olympics and at Wimbledon would have contributed considerably to the moment, but it's strange that much of the tennis community seems to be averse to this opinion.  I dare say that the tennis industry relies on hyping up the majors and the massive prize money etc, so it's off message to prefer the event with no prize money, that's only staged once every four years, and that has other sponsors.  Interestingly, Delpo recently said that his Olympic bronze was right at the top of his career highlights with the US Open win.  Granted, he's not had that many big wins, but he's still a top player who fought hard to get on the podium for glory, not money.

IP Logged
Masaka
ATP Level

Re: News Articles « Reply #5499 on: March 24, 2013, 02:36 PM »

I think it's apparent that Andy does feel that winning Olympic Gold was his favourite moment of his career, but he knows that he's supposed to say the US Open, and is almost apologising for it, and having to give excuses.  Granted, the fact it was a home Olympics and at Wimbledon would have contributed considerably to the moment, but it's strange that much of the tennis community seems to be averse to this opinion. 

The Olympic Gold was my favourite moment as well. It had all the ingredients of a fairy tale. After the crushing disappointment of the Wimbledon final, to pick himself up and throw himself back into the fray, less than a month later. It was a lot to ask of himself. What he must have felt like having to go back out onto centre court I can't imagine. Yet he did, ending up realising he had to play the same opponent on the same court, never having beaten him in a 5 set match before. I think we sometimes underestimate the guts that must have taken.  What I loved about it was the sheer joy of that victory, from the running up into the stands to hug everybody, to the inane grin in his interview with Sue Barker, and the Tim Henman hug.  He seemed to grow in stature, from the moment that final ace whistled past Federer.  he had all the important people in his life around him to share it with him. The US Open final was a gut slog, something that had to be done, and was so very important. He was so knackered at the end he could barely walk, and looked so shell shocked, although the photos of him cuddling the trophy in Central Park the following day are cute. I wonder how much of the events of that Septermber night he remembers with any degree of clarity, whereas I imagine the Gold Medal victory is etched on his consciousness and will be to the end of his days.
IP Logged
angiebabez
Veteran

Re: News Articles « Reply #5500 on: March 24, 2013, 05:08 PM »

Andy's latest blog from Miami

http://www.andymurray.com/news-and-blog/andys-latest-blog-miami-open/
IP Logged
xxdanixx
Seed

Dream big, because little dreams have little magic

Re: News Articles « Reply #5501 on: March 27, 2013, 06:36 PM »

Guys,for anyone interested,there'll be an interview with Lendl on 5 live sport from 7pm

"DavidLaw ‏@DavidLawTennis
Tonight in 5 Live Sport from 7pm UK time, an interview with Ivan Lendl.

Lendl was in best mood I've ever seen.  Even smiled. Interesting thoughts on rankings, differences in Andy over last 12 mths, clay season."
IP Logged
robbie
Top Seed

Your goals minus your doubts equal your reality

Re: News Articles « Reply #5502 on: March 27, 2013, 08:21 PM »

"DavidLaw ‏@DavidLawTennis
Tonight in 5 Live Sport from 7pm UK time, an interview with Ivan Lendl.

Lendl was in best mood I've ever seen.  Even smiled.
Radio with pictures, pray tell where I can buy one.
IP Logged
angiebabez
Veteran

Re: News Articles « Reply #5503 on: March 28, 2013, 10:05 AM »

Article from the telegraph about Andy's injury and illness worries

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/tennis/andymurray/9958093/Andy-Murray-I-am-living-on-the-edge-of-injury-and-illness.html
IP Logged
flowerpower
Challenger Level

Let your racket do the talking

Re: News Articles « Reply #5504 on: March 28, 2013, 10:57 AM »

The titel is intended to discribe his  general condition in this part of his carreer, it's not about his condition at this moment, am I right?
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 364 365 366 [367] 368 369 370 ... 755 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »