Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  News Articles 2 Members and 3 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 368 369 370 [371] 372 373 374 ... 787 Go Down Reply
Author

News Articles

(Read 507550 times)
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: News Articles « Reply #5550 on: March 30, 2013, 06:00 PM »

Exactly my thoughts too. yes

Don't have time right now, but I did watch the bit when he came back onto court and you can see him talking to himself and pumping himself up. Heart bigarmhug
There were some great moments from that last set. Roaring on the crowd after holding for 2-0 was iconic. Other noticeable moments were calming his team down after breaking for 1-0, that stunning game at 3-2 where he hit four unreturnables in a row, and calmly hitting tennis balls against the stand whilst waiting to serve it out as Djokovic received his MTO.
IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Veteran

Re: News Articles « Reply #5551 on: March 30, 2013, 06:03 PM »

There were some great moments from that last set. Roaring on the crowd after holding for 2-0 was iconic. Other noticeable moments were calming his team down after breaking for 1-0, that stunning game at 3-2 where he hit four unreturnables in a row, and calmly hitting tennis balls against the stand whilst waiting to serve it out as Djokovic received his MTO.

The "take your flag down love comment" to someone in the crowd when he was serving for it, always sticks in my mind. Though I don't think many people picked up on that.
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: News Articles « Reply #5552 on: March 30, 2013, 06:07 PM »

The "take your flag down love comment" to someone in the crowd when he was serving for it, always sticks in my mind. Though I don't think many people picked up on that.
I notice it every time, and I still can't work out why he said it or what he was referring to.
IP Logged
batz

Re: News Articles « Reply #5553 on: March 30, 2013, 06:18 PM »

He said "turn your flash down love"
IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Veteran

Re: News Articles « Reply #5554 on: March 30, 2013, 06:20 PM »

He said "turn your flash down love"

Really?
IP Logged
batz

Re: News Articles « Reply #5555 on: March 30, 2013, 06:34 PM »

Really?

Really. He should maybe have said turn it off, but he said turn it down - definitely said flash though.
IP Logged
OldScotSupport
ATP Level

Re: News Articles « Reply #5556 on: March 30, 2013, 06:43 PM »

Eddster, many many thanks for posting the Times article.

Having just now read it in full, I was so smitten by it that I have printed it out for my Andy Murray personal scrap book. My wife thinks that I as a senior member of society should grow up and behave. But for AM, I shall never.

I was equally taken by Andy's loving reference to Will, his father. It is obvious that he has been able to cope with the separation and divorce of his parents by providing them equally with his love. This is the demeanor of a man, not a child.
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: News Articles « Reply #5557 on: March 30, 2013, 07:23 PM »

Eddster, many many thanks for posting the Times article.

Having just now read it in full, I was so smitten by it that I have printed it out for my Andy Murray personal scrap book. My wife thinks that I as a senior member of society should grow up and behave. But for AM, I shall never.

I was equally taken by Andy's loving reference to Will, his father. It is obvious that he has been able to cope with the separation and divorce of his parents by providing them equally with his love. This is the demeanor of a man, not a child.
I like the idea of a scrap book OSS.  I just have a jumble of cuttings and pics [though I did put some of the pics into a wonderful post A0/Olympics montage which now sits on my kitchen wall and acts as a reminder of those triumphs].  I don't think any of us will grow up when it comes to AM and I don't want us to  yay
IP Logged
Masaka
ATP Level

Re: News Articles « Reply #5558 on: March 30, 2013, 07:32 PM »

I like the idea of a scrap book OSS.  I just have a jumble of cuttings and pics [though I did put some of the pics into a wonderful post A0/Olympics montage which now sits on my kitchen wall and acts as a reminder of those triumphs].  I don't think any of us will grow up when it comes to AM and I don't want us to  yay

After a really big win, like the Olympics and USO I buy all of the papers and make scrap books. A bit sad at nearly 50, but who cares. Many folks will think it's odd, but I think people who follow soap operas religiously odd. Each to their own. I enjoy looking back over them.
IP Logged
Littlebuddha
Seed

Re: News Articles « Reply #5559 on: March 30, 2013, 07:55 PM »

Just because many of us are older does not mean we are like stone. We can enjoy Andy playing and uplifing our spirits. The body may be getting older but we can enjoy cheering for a young man who plays great tennis. I often sit at my computer and look back at past games and see how much he has improved. We all need something to cheer us up. When Andy won the gold medal at the olympics and then went on to win the US Open it cheered me up, we have enough doom and gloom in the world as it is. I am always pleased to watch Andy you never know what will happen he has a great spirit and it is so uplifting and I for one will always cheer for him.
IP Logged
lashurst
World No 1

I'm crazy about Murray

Re: News Articles « Reply #5560 on: March 30, 2013, 11:11 PM »

Thanks for sharing that article with us Eddster.  Was dying to read it! It's epic.  toast
IP Logged
lashurst
World No 1

I'm crazy about Murray

Re: News Articles « Reply #5561 on: March 31, 2013, 03:24 PM »

I just read the article for the 2nd time. Better not read any more, it.makes me so emotional.

I LUV ANDY  wub
IP Logged
ally
Challenger Level

Re: News Articles « Reply #5562 on: March 31, 2013, 03:40 PM »

Here's a wee link to an article on the BBC website.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/tennis/21982074
IP Logged
Tasmanian Devil
Challenger Level

Re: News Articles « Reply #5563 on: March 31, 2013, 08:48 PM »

I went out and blew £1.50 on today's Times just to get my grubby little paws on that picture.

Luckily, I work in a shop so got one for nothing.
IP Logged
angiebabez
Veteran

Andy Murray Wimbledon Champion 2013

Re: News Articles « Reply #5564 on: March 31, 2013, 10:34 PM »

http://www.andymurray.com/news-and-blog/andy-wins-epic-to-secure-miami-title-and-world-number-two/
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 368 369 370 [371] 372 373 374 ... 787 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »