Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  News Articles 0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 376 377 378 [379] 380 381 382 ... 640 Go Down Reply
Author Topic: News Articles  (Read 357199 times)
Katie
ATP Level

Andy Murray - US Open and Wimbledon champion! :)

Re: News Articles « Reply #5670 on: April 14, 2013, 05:06 PM »

Interview with Andy from L'Equipe:

http://www.lequipe.fr/Tennis/Actualites/Murray-a-les-crocs/363805

In the article, he says that he's had to give up other sports (football and golf) because of his back condition which will be with him for the rest of his career. It's not troubled him since last year though.
IP Logged
colin
Satellite Level

Re: News Articles « Reply #5671 on: April 14, 2013, 05:33 PM »

Here is the Google Translation:
Murray has fangs

Andy Murray is very casual but also very determined before its opening match in Monte Carlo. This year, he wants to have the upper hand on this tan that often escapes.
Andy Murray did not necessarily think the # 1 spot globally. The Scot takes things as they come.

Crowned with the title at the Masters 1000 in Miami , Andy Murray wants to follow up on the Rock. After training on clay in Florida, World No. 2 continued its ranges in Monte-Carlo, pending its entry into the tournament. " I feel really good, he said . I had good training sessions and I appreciate the speed and quality short here. I'm in better shape than last year at the same time, I have worked with Ivan (Lendl) and I hope that all this work will pay this week or at Roland Garros. I like playing on clay but it takes me a little more time to adjust because I do not often play on this surface. I want to play it more often but it's impossible with my annual program. " Worry back who had embarrassed at the same time in 2012 are ancient history, even if the Scots had to make decisions radical: " I did a lot of other sports such as football or golf, but this is finished I stopped everything. This concern will follow me back at my career, there are exercises and regular care to do so I do not make a bit stupid. I have not had new concerns since last year. It does not matter, it's just something I have to watch. Rafa has concerns knees, Roger back problems even if it hides, it is similar to many players at this level. "

Now Dolphin, Murray could have the throne in the Viewfinder: " I do not have that in mind every day, I'm preparing for a tournament not No. 1. I would love to become, like all players, but it is not my main goal . "And he thinks the return of Rafael Nadal in Monte Carlo? He expects to see continue on its usual pace? " Oh I think it will go very well for him , "Murray began with a small smile and eyes that sparkle. It will not take unawares in Monte Carlo, he prepared the defense as attack.

Carole BOUCHARD
[/size]

The Dauphin was the name given to the heir to the French Throne.
[ Last edit by colin April 14, 2013, 05:39 PM ] IP Logged
Elena
Seed

Re: News Articles « Reply #5672 on: April 14, 2013, 05:45 PM »

I love those translations!

"he wants to have the upper hand on this tan that often escapes" - after those Miami beach photos, he obviously needs to work on the tan!
IP Logged
Katie
ATP Level

Andy Murray - US Open and Wimbledon champion! :)

Re: News Articles « Reply #5673 on: April 14, 2013, 06:56 PM »

I love those translations!

"he wants to have the upper hand on this tan that often escapes" - after those Miami beach photos, he obviously needs to work on the tan!

And "Murray has fangs" as the title - brilliant!
IP Logged
colin
Satellite Level

Re: News Articles « Reply #5674 on: April 14, 2013, 08:01 PM »

And "Murray has fangs" as the title - brilliant!

It could have been Nigel's headline.
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: News Articles « Reply #5675 on: April 15, 2013, 09:00 AM »

Posted this on Andy's clay court season too but guess it also counts as a news article.  And the punning should appeal to some of our members  Whistle
http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/tennis/andy-murray-needs-feats-on-clay-to-seize-no-1-crown-from-novak-djokovic-8572647.html
IP Logged
angiebabez
Top Seed

Andy Murray Wimbledon Champion 2013

Re: News Articles « Reply #5676 on: April 15, 2013, 11:47 AM »

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/tennis/22142935
IP Logged
OldScotSupport
Challenger Level

Re: News Articles « Reply #5677 on: April 15, 2013, 01:13 PM »

Thought you would all like to know that I have been successful in the ballot for Wimbledon tickets. My day is Thursday, 04/07/2013. Unfortunately, not Centre Court, but Court No 1.

At least it's something
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

You (still) ain't seen nothing yet..

Re: News Articles « Reply #5678 on: April 15, 2013, 03:31 PM »

Thanks Angie & Ruthie for the links (but The Independent is blocking me out unless I pay. Sigh..)

Thanks Colin for the Murray Has Fangs.
My fave bit: And he thinks the return of Rafael Nadal in Monte Carlo? He expects to see continue on its usual pace? " Oh I think it will go very well for him , "Murray began with a small smile and eyes that sparkle. Very Happy

OSS Great news about your Wimbledon tickets.
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

Re: News Articles « Reply #5679 on: April 15, 2013, 03:36 PM »

Looks like Andy is going to be quite the marketable commodity according to Mahesh Bhupathi :

http://www.10sballs.com/2013/04/15/mahesh-bhupathi-will-be-a-busy-man-in-monte-carlo/

Bhupathi, as head of the Indian company Globosport a proven mover and shaker in the commercial world, has been tasked with changing that around and making Murray a far more lucrative brand. He said: ““I’m looking at all Andy’s commercial opportunities, whether they’re brand related, licensing-related, digital related.”

Next week Bhupathi will head to London to engage in discussions with a number of high-profile companies with the aim of at least getting a couple of shirt patch deals in place before the French Open and Wimbledon. But his ambitions are much higher.

We are going to create Brand Andy Murray,” said Bhupathi. “We will create his logo and his identity, and license those. We are talking a long-term play here because these are the kind of opportunities that will make money for him long-term, hopefully after he finishes playing.”

“My perception was always that, looking at how the top four were being marketed, Andy missed out. Rafa [Nadal] and Roger [Federer] have their [logo] restrictions because they are with Nike, but for me it was bizarre that Andy’s left sleeve is empty because there is a value there and so much can be done. Rome wasn’t built in a day, but Andy understands that, and we do, and we are on the right track already.”

IP Logged
rob92
Challenger Level

Re: News Articles « Reply #5680 on: April 15, 2013, 03:53 PM »

I accept Set4Sport because it's his mum project but no to tacky shirt patches make him look like a lower ranked player.  Rolling Eyes
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Re: News Articles « Reply #5681 on: April 15, 2013, 03:57 PM »

How odd Linda, the Independent must operate a paywall for overseas readers. Anyway here it is just for you but without the lovely photo I'm afraid:

Andy Murray insisted yesterday that the world No 1 ranking was "not something I think about on a daily basis", but as the Scot prepares for his first clay-court tournament of the year here at the Monte Carlo Masters he knows that the next eight weeks are likely to be vital if he is to replace Novak Djokovic at the summit.

By his own standards Murray had a moderate clay-court season last year, when he was troubled by a back injury, while Djokovic reached three finals. The upside for Murray is that the 2013 clay campaign gives him an outstanding chance of making up ground in the rankings, particularly as Djokovic has fitness issues.

The world No 1 hurt an ankle eight days ago while playing in the Davis Cup and although he has been practising here since Friday, he said it was by no means certain that he would be fit to play his opening match on Wednesday. He admitted he would not be making such strenuous efforts to compete if he did not live just down the road from the Monte Carlo Country Club.

Murray, who will meet the Dutchman Robin Haase or France's Edouard Roger-Vasselin in his opening match after a first-round bye, has a tough draw. Although the world No 2 is seeded to meet Djokovic in the final, in order to get there he might have to beat Stanislas Wawrinka, Jo-Wilfried Tsonga and Rafael Nadal, who is seeking to win the title for the ninth year in a row.

Nevertheless, Murray goes into the clay-court season in much better shape physically than 12 months ago. A back problem, which had troubled him since the start of 2012 and forced him to withdraw from the Madrid Masters, led to his having eight pain-killing injections before the French Open, where he suffered severe back spasms.

"I've felt much better the last few days than I did coming into Monte Carlo last year," Murray said. "I think it's something that will always be with me. [I need to do] the right exercises, have the right treatment, the right amount of rest and not do anything silly or play other sports. I used to play a lot of football and golf. I've stopped all of that now and the back has been better."

Although Murray's results on clay last year were modest as he struggled with his back, his performances in 2011, when he reached the semi-finals here, in Rome and at Roland Garros, showed what he is capable of on the surface he finds the most challenging.

"It's the movement that's been the thing I've needed to improve most on the clay, and I feel like I'm moving better this year," Murray said. "I feel good."

As for the world rankings Murray insisted: "I'm not preparing this week to try to get to No 1, I'm preparing to try to win Monte Carlo. That's a big challenge for me."

Murray had a late night here on Saturday, but he was not out on the town. Instead he was following coverage of the men's doubles final at the US Clay-Court Championship in Houston, where his older brother Jamie won his first title for 18 months. Jamie and the Australian John Peers defeated Americans Bob and Mike Bryan, the world's No 1 doubles pair, 1-6, 7-6, 12-10.

"I tried to stay up," the reigning US Open champion said. "I went to bed at 2-2 in the second set. I just sent him a message in the second set saying: 'Whatever happens, it's been a great week. I'm thinking of you.' Then I woke up at five in the morning and saw that he had won. It was great.

"He struggled for a little while and to win a match like that against probably the best doubles team ever is a huge win for him."
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Re: News Articles « Reply #5682 on: April 15, 2013, 03:59 PM »

Oh and re your other posting Linda, not sure I like the idea of Andy turning into a brand.  I do hope they don't persuade him to wear monogrammed shoes etc  w00t
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

Re: News Articles « Reply #5683 on: April 15, 2013, 04:07 PM »

"I tried to stay up," the reigning US Open champion said. "I went to bed at 2-2 in the second set. I just sent him a message in the second set saying: 'Whatever happens, it's been a great week. I'm thinking of you.' Then I woke up at five in the morning and saw that he had won. It was great.

"He struggled for a little while and to win a match like that against probably the best doubles team ever is a huge win for him."

Thanks Ruthie. I've never had a problem before, so who knows.
ignore I stay up to watch Andy in the gawd-awful wee hours, and he doesn't do it for his own brother. Shocking! Very Happy

I wonder who will buy the spot for Andy's left sleeve?
MURRAYSWORLD would look dandy.
Mark?????? lol
IP Logged
rob92
Challenger Level

Re: News Articles « Reply #5684 on: April 15, 2013, 04:15 PM »

Does Andy adidas deal run out soon?
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 376 377 378 [379] 380 381 382 ... 640 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »