Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
Andy Murray vs Andrey Kuznetsov, Saturday, Estimated time - 5:45pm BST - Discuss the match
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  News Articles 0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 377 378 379 [380] 381 382 383 ... 723 Go Down Reply
Author

News Articles

(Read 430961 times)
xxdanixx
Seed

Dream big, because little dreams have little magic

Re: News Articles « Reply #5685 on: April 15, 2013, 04:20 PM »

I wish all this stuff about turning Andy into a brand,making him more money etc would stop.I mean,on the one hand I know that everything Andy does is scrutinised by the press,so of course they're going to want to interview his new manager-and it is the manager's job to maximise his earning potential,so of course that's what he's going to discuss.

But on the other hand,I worry that it will make Andy sound like he's overly keen on money.While we know he's not,I think if there's too much written about Andy wanting to earn more,then I worry it could be seen as that.I've never liked hearing about Fed demanding huge sums of money for his time,especially when he has such vast sums already.I don't hold it against the man,but I don't particularly like it either.Of course it's not the same situation with Andy,but I don't want it to seem like it is-he has enough detractors already criticising him for stuff that isn't true Rolling Eyes

I also hope all of this "brand" stuff doesn't take away too much from his tennis.One of the things I've always loved about Andy was that he wasn't particularly into any of that stuff-he just wanted to concentrate on his tennis.I don't want that to change too much! no
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

You (still) ain't seen nothing yet..

Re: News Articles « Reply #5686 on: April 15, 2013, 04:34 PM »

Does Andy adidas deal run out soon?

He signed a 5 year deal in 2009.
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

You (still) ain't seen nothing yet..

Re: News Articles « Reply #5687 on: April 15, 2013, 04:36 PM »

I know what you mean, Dani. But I guess Andy has to think about his future. He won't be playing tennis forever Frown
IP Logged
angiebabez
Veteran

Andy Murray Wimbledon Champion 2013

Re: News Articles « Reply #5688 on: April 15, 2013, 04:41 PM »

Thought you would all like to know that I have been successful in the ballot for Wimbledon tickets. My day is Thursday, 04/07/2013. Unfortunately, not Centre Court, but Court No 1.

At least it's something

That's great hope you enjoy it.
IP Logged
angiebabez
Veteran

Re: News Articles « Reply #5689 on: April 15, 2013, 04:42 PM »

Thanks Ruthie. I've never had a problem before, so who knows.
ignore I stay up to watch Andy in the gawd-awful wee hours, and he doesn't do it for his own brother. Shocking! Very Happy

I wonder who will buy the spot for Andy's left sleeve?
MURRAYSWORLD would look dandy.
Mark?????? lol

Yeah!!! Good idea Mark.......
IP Logged
xxdanixx
Seed

Dream big, because little dreams have little magic

Re: News Articles « Reply #5690 on: April 15, 2013, 04:55 PM »

I know what you mean, Dani. But I guess Andy has to think about his future. He won't be playing tennis forever Frown

Very Sad I don't want to think about that yet!I mean,of course I know it-but I'll face it when I have to,and not before! no

Yeah,I do know what you mean though Linda.I don't begrudge Andy (or any of the other players,come to that!) any money he earns on or off-court,and I don't blame him for thinking ahead either.I just worry when I see too much written about wanting to set up lots of sponsorship things,because of course all of those commitments do take away time from the tennis! Still,hopefully seeing as his new manager is a tennis player himself,he'll understand how to set up commitments so as to take the least possible amount of time.

I do hope they don't turn Andy into too much of a "brand" though. Part of his charm has always been-at least for me anyway!-that he wasn't any kind of media-polished person or anything-he's just always been himself.I hope that if they do have to go "branding" then they'll stick to that.
IP Logged
Elena
Seed

Re: News Articles « Reply #5691 on: April 15, 2013, 05:03 PM »

I agree with Dani too, but presumably the whole team Murray has to be paid out of Andy's earnings - and the taxman too. Don't suppose Lendl comes cheap.

But please don't let them wear monogrammed caps...
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: News Articles « Reply #5692 on: April 15, 2013, 05:55 PM »

perhaps we should start a 'no monograms' petition and send it to his new management company  Whistle
IP Logged
Elly
Murraymaniac

The mind doubts, but the heart never does.

Re: News Articles « Reply #5693 on: April 15, 2013, 06:05 PM »

perhaps we should start a 'no monograms' petition and send it to his new management company  Whistle
Yeah - that would work... no
IP Logged
OldScotSupport
ATP Level

Re: News Articles « Reply #5694 on: April 15, 2013, 06:06 PM »

I seem to recall some little time after his USO triumph Andy indicated his lack of approaches from organisations for financial incentives.

I believe that was why he had started to look into his future and was discussing matters and expressing his disappointment with his current managerial team.
IP Logged
*Sparkle*
Challenger Level

Re: News Articles « Reply #5695 on: April 15, 2013, 06:30 PM »

I don't think Andy has ever said anything about it.  It was reported that he wasn't happy, but I never took it all that seriously, because Andy doesn't act like someone who is touting for sponsorship and it's something that makes me like him.  I don't believe for a second that Andy couldn't get anything to go on his left sleeve.  Far more likely is that the offers didn't suit him.

Like Dani, I'm not against sponsorship, and fully expect players to take full advantage of offers that come their way, and some deals really are easy money, so you'd almost be foolish not to take them up on it.  What I'm wary of is any apparent over-interest in chasing these deals, especially if it results in too many commitments or Andy having to fake interest in something.

Adidas and Head go without saying.  He would wear a watch anyway, so Rado was easy enough and RBS sort out all of the organisational side of Set4Sport, which actually saves a lot of hassle.   Deals like the ones Federer has with Lindt, Moet and Gillette are so not Andy.  Imagine if he were contractually obliged to shave every day?! 

In some respects, creating your own brand means you have total control, and don't need to worry about what you are signing up to, but the risk is that you get too involved and it becomes a distraction.  Alternatively, you leave it to someone else to worry about, and they get carried away and it becomes naff.

Andy openly admits to not getting involved with the outfits Adidas picks for him, and is happy for people to know that that evening's outfit was made up from the clothes at the top of his suitcase.  I just can't see him getting all that involved.
IP Logged
*Sparkle*
Challenger Level

Re: News Articles « Reply #5696 on: April 15, 2013, 06:36 PM »

By the way, there's supposed to be a feature on Andy in Monte Carlo in the sporting news on Reporting Scotland tonight.
IP Logged
angiebabez
Veteran

Re: News Articles « Reply #5697 on: April 15, 2013, 06:41 PM »

Yep just seen it advertised, will be glued to it Smile
IP Logged
sidtypical
Challenger Level

grrr...

Re: News Articles « Reply #5698 on: April 15, 2013, 06:52 PM »

I have some concerns about already wealthy sportsmen cashing in on sponsorship deals - seems a bit vulgar and unnecessary, so I hope Andy doesn't go too far down that route.  BTW, is there anything more creepy than Rory McIllroy's appearance in that Santander ad ? vomit
IP Logged
*Sparkle*
Challenger Level

Re: News Articles « Reply #5699 on: April 15, 2013, 07:05 PM »

I think the Santander ad is hilarious. Very Happy
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 377 378 379 [380] 381 382 383 ... 723 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »