Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  News Articles 0 Members and 4 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 378 379 380 [381] 382 383 384 ... 778 Go Down Reply
Author

News Articles

(Read 497866 times)
angiebabez
Veteran

Andy Murray Wimbledon Champion 2013

Re: News Articles « Reply #5700 on: April 15, 2013, 07:10 PM »

article from daily record talks about Andy and Ivans plans together for the coming months

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/tennis/andy-murray-says-hes-injury-1833187
IP Logged
xxdanixx
Seed

Dream big, because little dreams have little magic

Re: News Articles « Reply #5701 on: April 15, 2013, 07:26 PM »

Thanks Angie!

"Murray said: “Ivan gets in on Monday and we’re going to stay on here for four or five days after the tournament to practise. I believe he’s coming to Madrid as well but he won’t be in Rome. Then Ivan will be there pre-French Open and right the way through to Wimbledon."

Glad we know now what the plans with Ivan are Smile
IP Logged
Milly87
Futures Level

Re: News Articles « Reply #5702 on: April 15, 2013, 07:50 PM »

Thanks Angie!

"Murray said: “Ivan gets in on Monday and we’re going to stay on here for four or five days after the tournament to practise. I believe he’s coming to Madrid as well but he won’t be in Rome. Then Ivan will be there pre-French Open and right the way through to Wimbledon."

Glad we know now what the plans with Ivan are Smile

Glad to hear Ivan will be on the scene for most if the clay court season and heading into Wimbledon too!
IP Logged
angiebabez
Veteran

Re: News Articles « Reply #5703 on: April 15, 2013, 08:02 PM »

No probs, yes I was gladdened to hear about Ivan also.
IP Logged
Iluvandy
Seed

Re: News Articles « Reply #5704 on: April 15, 2013, 11:37 PM »

I have some concerns about already wealthy sportsmen cashing in on sponsorship deals - seems a bit vulgar and unnecessary, so I hope Andy doesn't go too far down that route.  BTW, is there anything more creepy than Rory McIllroy's appearance in that Santander ad ? vomit

It's on a par with the Fed chocs.    Embarrassing.
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: News Articles « Reply #5705 on: April 16, 2013, 11:52 PM »

Rafael Nadal revealed during the Monte-Carlo Rolex Masters that he has cheered Roger Federer and Andy Murray in the past.

During his time away from the courts, Nadal kept his eye on the blockbuster matches between his biggest rivals. The 11-time major champion followed Murray’s title runs at the London 2012 Olympics and US Open and said he could not be happier for the successes the current World No. 2 has achieved.

Nadal also revealed that in 2009, he pulled for Federer to win Roland Garros, as like Murray, Nadal felt the Swiss ‘deserved’ to win that title.

“It was emotional when Andy won the Olympics, as he deserved something like this. Then he won his first US Open,” Nadal said. “A long time ago, I said he would win a Grand Slam and finally he did, so I'm happy. I know how much he fought to be there. When somebody deserves something, I'm emotional.

http://www.atpworldtour.com/News/Tennis/2013/04/16/Monte-Carlo-Tuesday-Nadal-Emotional-Person.aspx
IP Logged
IonaRed
Challenger Level

Re: News Articles « Reply #5706 on: April 16, 2013, 11:55 PM »

Nadal Roots For Federer, Murray

http://www.atpworldtour.com/News/Tennis/2013/04/16/Monte-Carlo-Tuesday-Nadal-Emotional-Person.aspx

Rafael Nadal revealed during the Monte-Carlo Rolex Masters that he has cheered Roger Federer and Andy Murray in the past.

During his time away from the courts, Nadal kept his eye on the blockbuster matches between his biggest rivals. The 11-time major champion followed Murray’s title runs at the London 2012 Olympics and US Open and said he could not be happier for the successes the current World No. 2 has achieved.

Nadal also revealed that in 2009, he pulled for Federer to win Roland Garros, as like Murray, Nadal felt the Swiss ‘deserved’ to win that title.

“It was emotional when Andy won the Olympics, as he deserved something like this. Then he won his first US Open,” Nadal said. “A long time ago, I said he would win a Grand Slam and finally he did, so I'm happy. I know how much he fought to be there. When somebody deserves something, I'm emotional.
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: News Articles « Reply #5707 on: April 17, 2013, 08:09 AM »

snap tmh and iona!   Nice to read that Rafa has been cheering for Andy.  I remember Andy saying that the text from Rafa when he won Olympics was the most important one to him (or something like that).

Oh and that Santander ad: I cringe every time I see it and give thanks that Andy isn't in it. 
IP Logged
xxdanixx
Seed

Re: News Articles « Reply #5708 on: April 17, 2013, 09:38 AM »

Andy Murray's connection with Ugo Colombini endorsed by Juan Martin del Potro

Andy Murray’s long-term rival, Juan Martin del Potro, says there will be no problem with the two of them sharing the same manager, as is about to happen now that Ugo Colombini has joined Murray’s fast-expanding backroom team.

Del Potro and Murray may have been involved in one of the few public arguments in modern tennis, when they bickered during the Rome Masters of 2008, and Del Potro made a derogatory reference to Murray’s mother, Judy. But this one-off spat was unrepresentative, no matter how many times it has been brought up since. The two men actually get on well, and often practise together on the international circuit.

Asked if the Italian’s dual role would make for an awkward situation next time they play a competitive match, Del Potro replied:
“No, because I have known Ugo since I was 12 years old, and I know Andy from the same age – we played many, many times together.

“It’s funny, because when we were juniors we would fight every day, and now we work together,” added del Potro, the world No7, who beat Alexandr Dolgopolov yesterday to move into the third round of the Monte Carlo Masters. “Things have happened in the past, but we were young. Now we are professional, we are smart, and we have a good relationship.”

A former journeyman professional who hails from Milan, Colombini has represented Del Potro – who has signed up to play the
Aegon Championships at Queen’s Club this summer – since he spotted the young Argentine’s potential as a schoolboy prodigy.

Colombini went on to strike hefty sponsorship deals with Nike and Wilson, and showed such management acumen that Del Potro – unlike all the other grand slam winners of recent years – did not join one of the big international agencies such as IMG, Octagon and Lagadere Sports.

Earlier this year, Colombini received a direct approach from Murray. “I have known Andy almost as long as I have known Juan Martin,” he said this week. “I was flattered to be asked by the world’s No 2 player to represent him.”

Murray is not dispensing with the services of XIX, the entertainment company run by Simon Fuller, but he felt that he needed more specific tennis expertise on his team.

Hence the recruitment of Colombini, who will be Murray’s point of contact with the tournaments he appears in, organising details such as appearance fees. And also the arrival of doubles player Mahesh Bhupathi, who will work with XIX in the search for more sponsors.

Murray will play Edoard Roger-Vasselin, the world No81, in the last match on Monte Carlo’s centre court on Wednesday evening. Before him are eight-time champion Rafael Nadal, and world No1 Novak Djokovic, who appears ready to play despite soreness in the ankle he sprained on Davis Cup duty last week.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/tennis/andymurray/9999253/Andy-Murrays-connection-with-Ugo-Colombini-endorsed-by-Juan-Martin-del-Potro.html
IP Logged
xxdanixx
Seed

Re: News Articles « Reply #5709 on: April 17, 2013, 10:06 AM »

Andy & Tim to face Berdych and Ivan  w00t  shocking

Lendl & Berdych to face Murray & Henman in Rally against Cancer

Ivan Lendl will take on the man he coaches after joining forces with Tomas Berdych to face Andy Murray and Tim Henman in the Rally Against Cancer doubles exhibition on finals day at the Aegon Championships.

Lendl, who began coaching Murray last year, was invited by British player Ross Hutchins to play in the 16th June event. The event will raise money for The Royal Marsden Cancer Charity, which supports The Royal Marsden - the world-leading cancer centre treating Hutchins, who was diagnosed with Hodgkins Lymphoma last December.

"I am delighted to be playing in the Rally Against Cancer event on the brilliant centre court at The Queen’s Club," said Lendl, who twice won the titles at The Queen's Club, in 1989 and 1990. "The event is for a great cause - the Royal Marsden Cancer Charity - and I'm very excited to be playing on a grass court for the first time in 20 years! To be able to play with Andy, Tim and Tomas will be a joy for me and I look forward to the match. I have got to know Ross well over the past couple of years and have known his family for a long time. I am right behind him and everyone in similar situations to him."

Any remaining tickets for the Aegon Championships are on general sale from 10am UK time today.

http://www.lta.org.uk/fans-major-events/LTA-summer-grass-court-events/Aegon-Championships/News/2013/Lendl-and-Berdych-to-face-Murray-and-Henman-in-Rally-against-Cancer-/
IP Logged
angiebabez
Veteran

Re: News Articles « Reply #5710 on: April 17, 2013, 11:34 AM »

That would be great match to see!!
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: News Articles « Reply #5711 on: April 17, 2013, 01:47 PM »

It’s interesting that Nadal didn’t mention Nole. Understandable given that this very guy has given him the toughest time in his entire career.

Also interesting that he chose to root for Federer in 2009 RG. Why but the guy who was up against Federer in the final was the very guy who took him out of RG stopping his precious run there. Besides, Nadal probably feels sorry for Federer every now and then since he owns him.

As to Andy, still interesting since Nadal didn’t play either Olympics or USO and of course, he wasn’t going to pull for Nole – his main rival. How can he forget that he’s the very man who stopped Andy 3 times from getting a Slam in 2011 alone. Well, there still might be some genuine wanting but the whole world was probably pulling for Andy both at the Olympics and USO anyway.

I am not buying it.
IP Logged
dex
Futures Level

Re: News Articles « Reply #5712 on: April 17, 2013, 02:41 PM »

It’s interesting that Nadal didn’t mention Nole. Understandable given that this very guy has given him the toughest time in his entire career.

Also interesting that he chose to root for Federer in 2009 RG. Why but the guy who was up against Federer in the final was the very guy who took him out of RG stopping his precious run there. Besides, Nadal probably feels sorry for Federer every now and then since he owns him.

As to Andy, still interesting since Nadal didn’t play either Olympics or USO and of course, he wasn’t going to pull for Nole – his main rival. How can he forget that he’s the very man who stopped Andy 3 times from getting a Slam in 2011 alone. Well, there still might be some genuine wanting but the whole world was probably pulling for Andy both at the Olympics and USO anyway.

I am not buying it.
execpt for a lot of English people who cant stand the sight of Andy.
IP Logged
rob92
ATP Level

Re: News Articles « Reply #5713 on: April 17, 2013, 02:54 PM »

execpt for a lot of English people who cant stand the sight of Andy.
Don't bring nationality into it please.
IP Logged
angiebabez
Veteran

Re: News Articles « Reply #5714 on: April 17, 2013, 03:15 PM »

Don't bring nationality into it please.

My rob yer awfully moany for someone whose just joined lol
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 378 379 380 [381] 382 383 384 ... 778 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »