Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  News Articles 0 Members and 5 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 380 381 382 [383] 384 385 386 ... 778 Go Down Reply
Author

News Articles

(Read 496339 times)
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: News Articles « Reply #5730 on: April 18, 2013, 05:41 PM »

I'd second that - I think the drivel quotient has been going up recently but perhaps that's because Andy hasn't been playing.

Btw EJ I think many Scots would not take kindly to their country being called a region!  Scotland is a country within the UK with its own parliament.

But that wouldn't be so nice of Scots, no is it? In the big scheme of things, it's not really that important. Ignorance is bliss after all. :p

Okay, joking aside, I wasn't really being so technical but I take your point. We have something similar going on in our country, so I understand.
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

Give me your JMac, Henman, Cash & 2 balls.

Re: News Articles « Reply #5731 on: April 18, 2013, 07:42 PM »

But that wouldn't be so nice of Scots, no is it? In the big scheme of things, it's not really that important. Ignorance is bliss after all. :p

Okay, joking aside, I wasn't really being so technical but I take your point. We have something similar going on in our country, so I understand.
no Not even close.
IP Logged
angiebabez
Veteran

Andy Murray Wimbledon Champion 2013

Re: News Articles « Reply #5732 on: April 18, 2013, 10:34 PM »

http://m.atpworldtour.com/News/Tennis/2013/04/16/Monte-Carlo-Thursday-Murray-Iron-Out-Clay-Game.aspx
IP Logged
ally
Challenger Level

Re: News Articles « Reply #5733 on: April 18, 2013, 10:35 PM »

When Nadal went 5-2 up, Matosevic decided he had one last card to play. Walking back to his chair at the changeover, he knocked over Nadal's waterbottles

Wickedly, I have always wished for one of Nadal's opponents to do that.  I know it helps him focus, but I really can't be bothered with all the precise placement of bottles and the silly routine before he serves.

Thanks for sharing that article Angie, I wish I had seen it happen!
IP Logged
Alis
ATP Level

Re: News Articles « Reply #5734 on: April 18, 2013, 10:41 PM »

Good for Matosevic!!!!!
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: News Articles « Reply #5735 on: April 18, 2013, 11:10 PM »

Which doesn't quite explain why Andy played so well yesterday, and looked comfortable on the surface for once, yet fell apart spectacularly today after only two games and looked as though he just couldn't be arsed playing.

Wickedly, I have always wished for one of Nadal's opponents to do that.  I know it helps him focus, but I really can't be bothered with all the precise placement of bottles and the silly routine before he serves.

Thanks for sharing that article Angie, I wish I had seen it happen!
I wish I'd seen it too, but at least it shows that Nadal can laugh at himself, although I must admit I find his little routines extremely irritating to watch, so much so that I tend to avoid his matches unless he's playing Andy or is in a final.

[ Last edit by Aileen April 18, 2013, 11:15 PM ] IP Logged
IonaRed
Challenger Level

Re: News Articles « Reply #5736 on: April 18, 2013, 11:30 PM »

^ So Andy and Tim will be playing doubles against Ivan and Berdych in the charity match at Queens. Now that is a mouth-watering prospect, and it'll be nice to see Tim back on court again too.  Surely the Beeb will televise it given that it's for such a worthy cause. 

I must admit Berdych is a bit of a surprise. I knew it would have to be a player taking part in Queen's that week but I thought it might be Tsonga. He's obviously popular with the crowds. Perhaps Berdych will surprise me. Who wins? GB v Czechs
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

Re: News Articles « Reply #5737 on: April 19, 2013, 01:30 AM »

I was going to post this in the Other Players thread, but so many people here are talking about it, so here is the Nadal Waterbottle Incident. Very Happy
(You don't actually see Matosevic kick them, but you can see he's loitering with intent, and it was confirmed later by all.)
”Was a funny moment,” Nadal told reporters afterward. “Maybe he thought it affects my concentration.”

So now we know, no?

IP Logged
blueberryhill
World No 1

Re: News Articles « Reply #5738 on: April 19, 2013, 07:11 AM »

Years and years ago Johnny Mac suggested doing this. Rather think he'd have done it sooner......Wink
IP Logged
tamila
Challenger Level

Re: News Articles « Reply #5739 on: April 19, 2013, 08:08 AM »

His OCD is even worse than I thought.  I have now started reading Rafas- My Story and the mind boggles.
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

Re: News Articles « Reply #5740 on: April 20, 2013, 01:57 PM »

Absolutely brilliant and candid interview with Judy. The Murray family are a national treasure.

http://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/tennis/judy-murray-on-tennis-pride-and-prejudice.20546878
IP Logged
angiebabez
Veteran

Andy Murray Wimbledon Champion 2013

Re: News Articles « Reply #5741 on: April 20, 2013, 02:21 PM »

Absolutely brilliant and candid interview with Judy. The Murray family are a national treasure.

http://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/tennis/judy-murray-on-tennis-pride-and-prejudice.20546878

Thanks Linda I absolutely loved reading that!! Like you I think she is fab! Would love to hit the town with her for a few cocktails Wink
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

Re: News Articles « Reply #5742 on: April 20, 2013, 02:34 PM »

^ yes And I loved how she makes no apology for supporting her son. clap
IP Logged
ChrisMac
World No 1

Re: News Articles « Reply #5743 on: April 20, 2013, 02:38 PM »

^ Judy truly is a star!
IP Logged
xxdanixx
Seed

Dream big, because little dreams have little magic

Re: News Articles « Reply #5744 on: April 20, 2013, 02:40 PM »