Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  News Articles 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 381 382 383 [384] 385 386 387 ... 713 Go Down Reply
Author

News Articles

(Read 412968 times)
Sabine
Veteran

^_^

Re: News Articles « Reply #5745 on: April 20, 2013, 03:40 PM »

Absolutely brilliant and candid interview with Judy. The Murray family are a national treasure.

http://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/tennis/judy-murray-on-tennis-pride-and-prejudice.20546878

Superb article! clap clap
IP Logged
wimbledonwestie
ATP Level

Re: News Articles « Reply #5746 on: April 20, 2013, 03:51 PM »

Absolutely brilliant and candid interview with Judy. The Murray family are a national treasure.

http://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/tennis/judy-murray-on-tennis-pride-and-prejudice.20546878

That was excellent, so open and honest. And just like any mum, supporting her boy!
IP Logged
Milly87
Futures Level

Re: News Articles « Reply #5747 on: April 20, 2013, 10:51 PM »

With so many people speculating that Andy maybe returning to the UK to collect his OBE, I have to ask, is there an official ceremony coming up or something?
IP Logged
IonaRed
Challenger Level

Re: News Articles « Reply #5748 on: April 20, 2013, 11:03 PM »

With so many people speculating that Andy maybe returning to the UK to collect his OBE, I have to ask, is there an official ceremony coming up or something?

There are around 25 Investitures each year. The majority happen in the Ballroom at Buckingham Palace, but others take place at the Palace of Holyroodhouse in Edinburgh and in the Waterloo Chamber at Windsor Castle. Andy would receive his award in person from The Queen, The Prince of Wales or occasionally The Princess Royal. Andy could bring 3 friends or relations, who are invited to sit in the audience to witness the occasion. I'm thinking his mum, dad and Kim.

[ Last edit by IonaRed April 20, 2013, 11:11 PM ] IP Logged
Tessie
ATP Level

Re: News Articles « Reply #5749 on: April 20, 2013, 11:13 PM »

Have googled it to see if there is a list of dates but I suppose they wouldn't do that for all sorts of reasons.  Wonder where the speculation started. After all there could be many reasons for him coming home for a few days.
IP Logged
matchpoint
Futures Level

Re: News Articles « Reply #5750 on: April 20, 2013, 11:44 PM »

From the Mail, a little more detail of Andy's practice sessions at Monte Carlo: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/tennis/article-2312276/Andy-Murray-tries-remodel-game-clay-Ivan-Lendl-French-Open.html
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: News Articles « Reply #5751 on: April 20, 2013, 11:51 PM »

Have googled it to see if there is a list of dates but I suppose they wouldn't do that for all sorts of reasons.  Wonder where the speculation started. After all there could be many reasons for him coming home for a few days.
I googled it too but only found the dates of investitures which had already taken place this year.  The speculation started on this forum (can't remember which thread) when Andy said he was going to London before going onto Madrid.

Whilst there's no doubt that he quite understandably wants to return home for a few days after so much time abroad, the fact remains that he's going to have to pick up his award some time this year - and I understand that those who receive New Years Honours are normally awarded them before those mentioned in the Queen's Birthday Honours in June, so that being the case then the logical time for Andy to receive his would either be whilst he's in London now or when he's there for Queens and Wimbledon.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: News Articles « Reply #5752 on: April 20, 2013, 11:57 PM »

From the Mail, a little more detail of Andy's practice sessions at Monte Carlo: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/tennis/article-2312276/Andy-Murray-tries-remodel-game-clay-Ivan-Lendl-French-Open.html
A very encouraging article.  Thanks matchpoint.
IP Logged
The Gnome
ATP Level

Re: News Articles « Reply #5753 on: April 21, 2013, 12:36 AM »

I find so many errors in news articles from the brittish press, one wonders if they actually have a clue of what And gets up to year in and year out, i mean "Murray reached the semis at Roland Garros last year"

I mean cmon

IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: News Articles « Reply #5754 on: April 21, 2013, 02:34 AM »

I find so many errors in news articles from the brittish press, one wonders if they actually have a clue of what And gets up to year in and year out, i mean "Murray reached the semis at Roland Garros last year"

I mean cmon
I don't see why you're getting so bothered about one small mistake.  The article seems fine to me and about half of it is comments by Lendl and Andy anyway.
IP Logged
*Sparkle*
Challenger Level

Re: News Articles « Reply #5755 on: April 21, 2013, 09:35 AM »

The problem is that when they get those details wrong, you can't be sure what else they've got right, including apparent quotes.  The Mail has a reputation for sloppy attention to fact checking, unfortunately.  Not that any newspaper is immune to it.  Hopefully the contemporary bits are correct - it sounds promising.

the logical time for Andy to receive his would either be whilst he's in London now or when he's there for Queens and Wimbledon.
Good point.  I imagine it would be far preferable for Andy to pick up the award now, rather than in the Summer.   If he's trying to focus and avoid the media storm pre Wimbledon, rocking up to the Palace for a gong might be counter-productive. Very Happy
IP Logged
matchpoint
Futures Level

Re: News Articles « Reply #5756 on: April 21, 2013, 09:59 AM »

I mean cmon

How about relaxing a little? I mean cmon. 
Obviously it should be: "Murray reached the semis at Roland Garros the year before last" Such a dreadful error!

We all know the pitfalls of stuff in the media; and that the Mail is often dreadful etc etc. But, to me, 'news articles' are still worth posting/reading.
IP Logged
wimbledonwestie
ATP Level

Re: News Articles « Reply #5757 on: April 21, 2013, 11:08 AM »

I liked that Lendl is clearly trying to ensure Andy doesn't get too hard on himself regarding his loss to Wawrinka but learns from ot and moves on.
IP Logged
The Gnome
ATP Level

Re: News Articles « Reply #5758 on: April 21, 2013, 11:22 AM »

How about relaxing a little? I mean cmon. 
Obviously it should be: "Murray reached the semis at Roland Garros the year before last" Such a dreadful error!

We all know the pitfalls of stuff in the media; and that the Mail is often dreadful etc etc. But, to me, 'news articles' are still worth posting/reading.

I think you're the one who should "relax a little" getting all defensive just because it was you who posted the article, do you work for the daily mail or something? sheesh some people on this forum beggar belief.
IP Logged
ChrisMac
World No 1

Re: News Articles « Reply #5759 on: April 21, 2013, 11:23 AM »

Me too wimwestie, Andy's gonna be fine.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 381 382 383 [384] 385 386 387 ... 713 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »