Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  News Articles 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 382 383 384 [385] 386 387 388 ... 711 Go Down Reply
Author

News Articles

(Read 407453 times)
*Sparkle*
Challenger Level

Re: News Articles « Reply #5760 on: April 21, 2013, 12:46 PM »

We all know the pitfalls of stuff in the media; and that the Mail is often dreadful etc etc. But, to me, 'news articles' are still worth posting/reading.
No-one was complaining that the article was posted.  It was a complaint about the dodgy journalism, and a reminder to take it all with a pinch of salt.
IP Logged
robbie
Top Seed

Your goals minus your doubts equal your reality

Re: News Articles « Reply #5761 on: April 21, 2013, 12:51 PM »

Quote from: *Sparkle* link=topic=3603.msg872582#msg872582r date=1366544805
No-one was complaining that the article was posted.  It was a complaint about the dodgy journalism, and a reminder to take it all with a pinch of salt.
But only as part of your recommended daily salt intake.
IP Logged
angiebabez
Veteran

Andy Murray Wimbledon Champion 2013

Re: News Articles « Reply #5762 on: April 21, 2013, 01:17 PM »

But only as part of your recommended daily salt intake.

get out
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: News Articles « Reply #5763 on: April 21, 2013, 06:13 PM »

Good point.  I imagine it would be far preferable for Andy to pick up the award now, rather than in the Summer.   If he's trying to focus and avoid the media storm pre Wimbledon, rocking up to the Palace for a gong might be counter-productive. Very Happy
Which is the main reason I think it will be now when he can sneak safely under the radar, something he won't be able to do in June with the dozens of assorted media folk who usually camp outside his house.
IP Logged
*Sparkle*
Challenger Level

Re: News Articles « Reply #5764 on: April 21, 2013, 07:06 PM »

Especially as the hype for Wimbledon will be even worse this year.  The nation will be expecting great things.
IP Logged
wimbledonwestie
ATP Level

Re: News Articles « Reply #5765 on: April 21, 2013, 07:09 PM »

Especially as the hype for Wimbledon will be even worse this year.  The nation will be expecting great things.

In fairness to the nation, MurraysWorld will be just as bad! nervous
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: News Articles « Reply #5766 on: April 21, 2013, 07:10 PM »

I can't help but feel he's replaced one monkey on his back with another, because he's going to get no real peace until he wins Wimbledon.
IP Logged
The Gnome
ATP Level

Re: News Articles « Reply #5767 on: April 21, 2013, 07:28 PM »

He will win Wimbledon, even if it's not this year he will win it one day.

But i think it will be this year, and if it is, he will go on to win it 2 or 3 times before his career is over.
IP Logged
angiebabez
Veteran

Andy Murray Wimbledon Champion 2013

Re: News Articles « Reply #5768 on: April 21, 2013, 08:01 PM »

I can't help but feel he's replaced one monkey on his back with another, because he's going to get no real peace until he wins Wimbledon.

I've been thinking that since he won US open.
IP Logged
Murray Magic
ATP Level

Andy "Braveheart" Murray

Re: News Articles « Reply #5769 on: April 21, 2013, 09:32 PM »

I think he will win Wimbledon and then the doubters will all realise what we have done for years !!!   AM dies things in a non-conventional way that's why I am a fan, the roller coaster journeys etc.  AM is a superb grass court player, pity there are not more grass tournaments.
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: News Articles « Reply #5770 on: April 22, 2013, 11:23 AM »

yes but this is a smaller monkey in the larger global scheme of things Aileen, even if perhaps not for British public. From the perspective of Andy's self-belief and how he's seen by other players, winning his first slam is far more important.
IP Logged
Littlebuddha
Seed

Re: News Articles « Reply #5771 on: April 22, 2013, 02:36 PM »

I would be nice during this short break for Andy to come home and collect his OBE. I hope he wears his kilt he looks great in it and is very smart.
IP Logged
Masaka
ATP Level

Re: News Articles « Reply #5772 on: April 22, 2013, 03:45 PM »

yes but this is a smaller monkey in the larger global scheme of things Aileen, even if perhaps not for British public. From the perspective of Andy's self-belief and how he's seen by other players, winning his first slam is far more important.

I think given the attitude of the Great British public towards him over the years, the last thing he should be worrying about is them. As I see it the Gold Medal was his personal reward for the sheer guts he has demonstrated in the course of his career. I still think people really underestimate the courage it must have taken to go back on the courts of Wimbledon so soon after that devastating defeat. Only to find he had to play another final - same court, same opponent, still never having beaten him in a five setter.  The Gold Medal was a reward for pure, undiluted guts.
The Grand Slam was his own personal Waterloo. Had he not managed to win one, I think he would have always questioned his value and ability. I really do think that we see the importance of it nowadays in the way he handles defeat. He is so much less stressed about it all. Were but that some folks on here could be the same. That US Open title must sit securely in a corner of his mind, to the end of his days. Of the players currently on the circuit only Federer, Nadal, Djokovic and Del Pot have got one (given Del Pot is still trying to get his first Masters that win was a bit of an oddity). Lets try to lay off the pressure about Wimbledon.  I think one of the reasons he loused the final up was he was put under so much pressure getting to the Final. Winning was a step too far. He was psychologically wrecked after the semi with Tsonga.  After the Olympic Semi with Djokovic he was raring to go. He might well not even make the final this year - it depends on the draw. I for one won't think any less of him if he doesn't. Ease off the pressure folks. Lets enjoy what we have had - anything else now is a bonus. I don't doubt he will pull off another one. It's just a matter of when.
IP Logged
The Gnome
ATP Level

Re: News Articles « Reply #5773 on: April 22, 2013, 04:12 PM »

I share your opinions to a degree Masaka, unfortunately i think for Andy winning Wimbledon is his highest priority, there is too much at stake for him personally and with tennis history as a whole. He is our best hope for now and the forseeable future of winning it and he knows it regardless of wether he thinks we deserve a homebred Wimbledon champ or not, he will want to do it not just for himself but for us and i hasten to add he will be majorly dissapointed if he never wins it.

On the plus side though, he handles the pressure well, he always plays great there and he has now tasted what it's like to be a finalist - he's also now a slam champion so that will relieve the pressure slightly.

But i agree with you about the draw, it all depends who he meets and even more so if he gets to the final. If he does reach the final again, i pray it's not Federer as that will bring back to many bad memories, not just for us but for him too, and Fed will be looking to make further history.

If it's Novak, then i hope he has won the French open already and is feeling generous Smile but of course we cannot rely on that.
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: News Articles « Reply #5774 on: April 22, 2013, 05:34 PM »

How would anyone feel about Andy winning RG this year and not Wimbledon?
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 382 383 384 [385] 386 387 388 ... 711 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »