Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  News Articles 0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 388 389 390 [391] 392 393 394 ... 773 Go Down Reply
Author

News Articles

(Read 493301 times)
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: News Articles « Reply #5850 on: April 27, 2013, 09:26 AM »

I feel the same Aileen but my understanding was that he'd appointed Bhupathi so as to have someone with tennis knowledge to his management team, which seems sensible.   I guess he's thinking longer term and somehow I can't seem him ever becoming totally money-oriented.

Nice piece about Judy in the Guardian today http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/2013/apr/26/judy-murray-grand-designs-grassroots-british-tennis
IP Logged
xxdanixx
Seed

Dream big, because little dreams have little magic

Re: News Articles « Reply #5851 on: April 27, 2013, 10:09 AM »

A couple of articles about changes that are about to start at Andy's hotel :

http://www.stirlingobserver.co.uk/stirling-news/local-news-stirling/news-stirling/2013/04/26/plans-lodged-for-andy-murray-s-cromlix-house-hotel-51226-33237166/

http://www.heraldscotland.com/news/home-news/facelift-to-start-on-murray-hotel.20922611

They're mostly the same really-the first talks a bit more about the proposed changes,the second a little bit more about reactions to it all from local people,including Andy's granny.
IP Logged
angiebabez
Veteran

Andy Murray Wimbledon Champion 2013

Re: News Articles « Reply #5852 on: April 27, 2013, 10:22 AM »

So exciting!! Can't wait to pay it a visit Smile
IP Logged
xxdanixx
Seed

Re: News Articles « Reply #5853 on: April 27, 2013, 10:34 AM »

Ohh Ange,please will you take pics to show those of that can't go?
IP Logged
ChrisMac
World No 1

Re: News Articles « Reply #5854 on: April 27, 2013, 12:33 PM »

Thanks dani, great read.
IP Logged
angiebabez
Veteran

Re: News Articles « Reply #5855 on: April 27, 2013, 12:50 PM »

Ohh Ange,please will you take pics to show those of that can't go?

I most certainly will dani Smile hope I'm visiting when Andy wins Wimbledon  cmon yeah
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Re: News Articles « Reply #5856 on: April 27, 2013, 01:06 PM »

It's nice that this isn't just an investment for Andy but means something to Andy's family and is being seen as investing in the local community.
IP Logged
xxdanixx
Seed

Re: News Articles « Reply #5857 on: April 27, 2013, 01:50 PM »

I most certainly will dani Smile hope I'm visiting when Andy wins Wimbledon  cmon yeah

Yay,thank you! hug Ohhh,that would be so brilliant Fingers crossed
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: News Articles « Reply #5858 on: April 27, 2013, 04:29 PM »

You just want to look at the mind-blowing bedrooms angie! lol

I'm glad that major changes aren't planned, but that's the good thing about listed buildings.  Because planning permission is so restricted it saves them from being hacked about by developers - something which might have put other prospective purchasers off.  Also I don't think they'll have any difficulty employing local people as I can see them being flooded with applications.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: News Articles « Reply #5859 on: April 27, 2013, 04:43 PM »

I feel the same Aileen but my understanding was that he'd appointed Bhupathi so as to have someone with tennis knowledge to his management team, which seems sensible.   I guess he's thinking longer term and somehow I can't seem him ever becoming totally money-oriented.

Nice piece about Judy in the Guardian today http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/2013/apr/26/judy-murray-grand-designs-grassroots-british-tennis
I love what Judy's doing - and it occurs to me that Andy probably intends to plough some of his  money into promoting tennis in Scotland, which includes a grass-roots tennis academy, and that will certainly cost.  Even though financial help has been promised from the Scottish Government I don't see it as being a huge sum - they'd much rather waste money on useless, mega-expensive tram systems!
IP Logged
angiebabez
Veteran

Re: News Articles « Reply #5860 on: April 29, 2013, 11:23 AM »

Andy Murray’s big year sends him up Rich List
Published: 29 April 2013

Andy Murray is up to number 32 in the Sunday Times Sports Rich List. Picture: Getty
2 comments
By CLAIRE GARDNER
SCOTTISH tennis ace Andy Murray has seen his fortunes soar in more ways than one since making his big sporting breakthrough when he won the US Open last year.

Not only has the Olympic gold medallist risen up the ranking list to become world’s No 2 tennis player, his personal wealth has increased by more than £8 million in one year.

According to the Sports Rich List, published at the weekend and identifying the top 100 earners among British and Irish sports personalities, the Scot is now worth a staggering £32m – with prize money and sponsorship deals making up the majority of his fortune.

The extra millions he earned in the last year also means he has risen ten places in the Rich List to No 32.

But Murray is well behind the leading Scot on the list.

At No 5 there is no change for former racing driver Johnny Dumfries who is still valued at the £110m he was worth last year.

His massive fortune, which has been amassed from a combination of motor racing, art and land, means he is the wealthiest Scot on the list.

Former F1 driver David Coulthard, at No 12 on the list, has seen his fortune rise £3m to an impressive £53m, while another famous Scottish driver, Dario Franchitti has also seen his bank balance rise from £46m to £50m.

Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson is now worth £34m , £2m more than this time last year which puts him 26th on the Sunday Times Rich List, while golfer Colin Montgomerie is currently sitting just behind Murray at No 33 with £30m.
IP Logged
ChrisMac
World No 1

Re: News Articles « Reply #5861 on: April 29, 2013, 11:26 AM »

Thanks for the update angie, our Andy's not doing bad! Very Happy
IP Logged
angiebabez
Veteran

Re: News Articles « Reply #5862 on: April 29, 2013, 02:02 PM »

Thanks for the update angie, our Andy's not doing bad! Very Happy

He sure is chris....think its about time he shared some of it with his favourite fans on Murrays World  Whistle
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Re: News Articles « Reply #5863 on: April 29, 2013, 02:04 PM »

perhaps he should throw a party for MW fans at his new hotel  w00t
IP Logged
angiebabez
Veteran

Re: News Articles « Reply #5864 on: April 29, 2013, 02:07 PM »

perhaps he should throw a party for MW fans at his new hotel  w00t