Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  News Articles 0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 390 391 392 [393] 394 395 396 ... 741 Go Down Reply
Author

News Articles

(Read 447479 times)
angiebabez
Veteran

Andy Murray Wimbledon Champion 2013

Re: News Articles « Reply #5880 on: April 29, 2013, 07:17 PM »

Kept it quiet. I like fussing over others, but don't like it too much myself. x
I've got loads of family/friends to see, but would love to get together if possible. Let's see if we can do it after your Spanish Fiesta!  yay

Aileen.. that's a shame. It would be so great to have a MW get-together.  hug

I bet you will have loads to see, they must all be so excited after 7 years. Yes just let me know when I will be there hope others can too.... Aileen if you change your mind I will come get you x
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: News Articles « Reply #5881 on: April 29, 2013, 07:36 PM »

I bet you will have loads to see, they must all be so excited after 7 years. Yes just let me know when I will be there hope others can too.... Aileen if you change your mind I will come get you x
I'd love that Angie - but I honestly couldn't do it.  I've tried helping myself by forcing myself to do things that used to frighten me, but I guess that after 22 years it's all got too deep-rooted, so it doesn't take much for the panic to kick in.  Medication helps a little but it isn't the answer.
IP Logged
angiebabez
Veteran

Andy Murray Wimbledon Champion 2013

Re: News Articles « Reply #5882 on: April 29, 2013, 08:11 PM »

I'd love that Angie - but I honestly couldn't do it.  I've tried helping myself by forcing myself to do things that used to frighten me, but I guess that after 22 years it's all got too deep-rooted, so it doesn't take much for the panic to kick in.  Medication helps a little but it isn't the answer.

hug
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: News Articles « Reply #5883 on: April 29, 2013, 08:17 PM »

Thanks Angie. hug
IP Logged
robbie
Top Seed

Your goals minus your doubts equal your reality

Re: News Articles « Reply #5884 on: April 29, 2013, 08:18 PM »

Yes just let me know when I will be there hope others can too.
Think...trust me, I think you will be the first to know.
[ Last edit by robbie April 29, 2013, 08:22 PM ] IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

You (still) ain't seen nothing yet..

Re: News Articles « Reply #5885 on: April 29, 2013, 08:36 PM »

Think...trust me, I think you will be the first to know.
lol You in Robbster?
IP Logged
robbie
Top Seed

Your goals minus your doubts equal your reality

Re: News Articles « Reply #5886 on: April 29, 2013, 08:44 PM »

lol You in Robbster?
Maybe Smile
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

Re: News Articles « Reply #5887 on: April 29, 2013, 08:49 PM »

^
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

Re: News Articles « Reply #5888 on: April 29, 2013, 10:20 PM »

http://www.thetennisspace.com/no-mystery-over-boos-for-murray-in-london/

No mystery over boos for Murray in London

Interview with Chris Kermode, the managing director of the Barclays ATP World Tour Finals:

On Murray being booed by sections of the crowd when he played Federer at last year’s Finals: “I was sitting there when that happened. I had never seen anything like it, with a national player competing at home. It wasn’t an anti-Murray thing, it was definitely pro-Federer. We worked out why, and it’s actually quite simple. It’s actually difficult for Roger’s fans to see him en masse, and to get tickets to a tournament, as it’s not easy at Wimbledon and Basle is a relatively small venue and it’s quite corporate. So the Swiss fans come to The O2, where there are 15 sessions, and they come over for the whole week as they’re assuming that he’s going to be around in the later stages. It almost becomes a festival for them. There’s a very strong Swiss presence.”

“You also have to consider that British fans are more reserved, so they’re less likely to start chanting. In terms of Andy’s appeal, I think people are beginning to get to know him a bit more. And when they do, they see he’s actually very bright, very funny, and has got great character, and they also see that his tennis has moved up a level from a couple of years ago. He’s in unbelievable physical shape and he’s hitting the ball so hard off the ground. That incident wasn’t reflective of public opinion of Murray. Not at all. Roger is always going to be hugely supported, just because of what he has achieved in the game. And the same with Rafa. They have both huge fanbases, and quite rightly
IP Logged
Tessie
ATP Level

Re: News Articles « Reply #5889 on: April 29, 2013, 10:44 PM »

Interview with Chris Kermode, the managing director of the Barclays ATP World Tour Finals:

On Murray being booed by sections of the crowd when he played Federer at last year’s Finals: “I was sitting there when that happened. I had never seen anything like it, with a national player competing at home. It wasn’t an anti-Murray thing, it was definitely pro-Federer. We worked out why, and it’s actually quite simple. It’s actually difficult for Roger’s fans to see him en masse, and to get tickets to a tournament, as it’s not easy at Wimbledon and Basle is a relatively small venue and it’s quite corporate. So the Swiss fans come to The O2, where there are 15 sessions, and they come over for the whole week as they’re assuming that he’s going to be around in the later stages. It almost becomes a festival for them. There’s a very strong Swiss presence.”

“You also have to consider that British fans are more reserved, so they’re less likely to start chanting. In terms of Andy’s appeal, I think people are beginning to get to know him a bit more. And when they do, they see he’s actually very bright, very funny, and has got great character, and they also see that his tennis has moved up a level from a couple of years ago. He’s in unbelievable physical shape and he’s hitting the ball so hard off the ground. That incident wasn’t reflective of public opinion of Murray. Not at all. Roger is always going to be hugely supported, just because of what he has achieved in the game. And the same with Rafa. They have both huge fanbases, and quite rightly

Ok so this November we close our borders to everyone with a Swiss passport. Simples.  

Always assuming he qualifies of course. Lol
IP Logged
wimbledonwestie
ATP Level

Re: News Articles « Reply #5890 on: April 29, 2013, 10:47 PM »

Well it inspired my friend and I to get tickets. Not sure how well we can drown them out from the top of tier 4 but we'll do our best!
IP Logged
matchpoint
Futures Level

Re: News Articles « Reply #5891 on: April 29, 2013, 11:32 PM »

I think the fed fans single Andy out for their booing because he prevented Fed winning the Olympic Gold - just about the only thing missing from Fed's resumé. Definitely "an anti-Murray thing", I think. I can understand their displeasure, but the booing is inexcusable.
I also felt it was the Swiss fans, rather than the French, who were booing Andy for this reason, when he walked out onto the court for the Wawrinka match at M.C.
I hope Andy can ignore it, because unfortunately, I don't think it's going to go away.
[ Last edit by matchpoint April 29, 2013, 11:35 PM ] IP Logged
The Gnome
ATP Level

Re: News Articles « Reply #5892 on: April 30, 2013, 12:14 AM »

Croatia try clay to put Andy Murray off Davis Cup stride
Great Britain’s Davis Cup captain Leon Smith has assured Telegraph Sport that his team “will go in with no fear”, after forthcoming opponents Croatia nominated the clay courts of Umag as the venue for their World Group play-off in September.

“I can see what they’ve done,” Smith said. “They know that Andy Murray is such a great indoor player, and that we’ve had our best results indoors even when he hasn’t played. But I am confident that our players can adapt. If anything, this is likely to be a bit of a leveller.

“Yes, Andy will be hoping to go deep into the US Open, which finishes four days earlier on a hard court, but then so will Marin Cilic, their ­top-ranked player, who has a good record in New York. The lack of surface-specific preparation time could make it tricky for everyone.”

Should Murray stay fit, he has promised to appear in September for his first Davis Cup match in two years. That would help Smith to field perhaps his strongest-ever team, and thus send Great Britain in as slight favourites against Cilic and his most likely ally, Ivan Dodig.

Clearly, the pressure would be on Murray to deliver wins in both his singles matches. But he has a good record against Cilic, having beaten him eight times and lost only once, at the US Open four years ago. The two men were born only eight months apart, and grew up as rivals on the junior circuit, so there are few secrets when they go on court.

Cilic and Dodig usually play on all three days of Croatia’s ties, com­bining for the doubles match on the middle Saturday. Here Great Britain should have the edge, too, given the excellence of their doubles pairing of Colin Fleming and Jonny Marray.

For the second singles slot, Smith will have to make a selection call between the two heroes of Coventry, James Ward and Dan Evans, who both beat Russians ranked a long way above them to earn Great Bri­tain this shot at a return to the World Group for the first time since 2007.

In all probability, Croatia’s choice of venue will favour Ward – who won a Challenger event on clay in 2009 – over Evans, whose silky hands would be less of an asset on a slower surface. The clay produces a slower, higher bounce, meaning that you have to generate pace with your own physical strength and effort, rather than being able to feed off your opponent’s energy as Evans loves to do.

“Over the next few months, there is a great opportunity for whoever wants to play No2 singles to step up and nail that place,” Smith said. “Against Russia in Coventry, Ward and Evans created a reminder of what is possible, but they have to show that much hunger and desire every week.

“With both of them, we’ve seen flashes of their potential, but the clock ticks. I don’t know where they will end up in the game, but I would like to see them get close to the top 100, so that they can at least make a living from the sport.”

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/tennis/andymurray/10026331/Croatia-try-clay-to-put-Andy-Murray-off-Davis-Cup-stride.html
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: News Articles « Reply #5893 on: April 30, 2013, 02:37 AM »

^ Nice article.  In one way I hope Croatia's ploy backfires on them, but on the other hand, without a strong No.2, GB simply aren't ready for the World Group yet.  I'd rather see Andy focus on his career than constantly trying to prop GB up, at least in the singles, which he will be expected to do if GB do gain promotion.  Ward and Evans did great things against Russia but my feeling is that it would be better for them if they were left to build on that by staying in Zone One for at least another year.
IP Logged
blueberryhill
World No 1

Re: News Articles « Reply #5894 on: April 30, 2013, 06:42 AM »

I agree Aileen. I think the team should rise or fall without Andy. Don't like the idea either that players who were heroic in the last match, should be suddenly dropped. Bad for morale.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 390 391 392 [393] 394 395 396 ... 741 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »